Magnus

Avantasia

78 posts in this topic

The Wicked Symphony is probably my favorite Avantasia album, and especially Crestfallen and Scales of Justice always cause me feels.

I was just listening to Crestfallen and I can't stop thinking that it seems to be about some mental illness. The part where Jorn is singing "How can you hold on to your way in your mental disarray?" makes me think of OCDs. I probably have one (trying to find a therapist to fix it, after all my friends somehow made me see that there's a problem) and that sentence makes so much sense, the whole song actually. The fact of acting in a way that's strange even to yourself, as if there's someone else inside your brain always telling you how things should be done, but being aware that that person is not you, or like you were. Or that somehow that part of you has taken over and is not responding anymore, out of control. That feeling of confusion, of detachment from your perceptions. That particular verse has always meant a lot to me, always made me feel so sad, and I wonder if that was the reason. 

13 minutes ago, MeadowsOfHeaven said:

Wow:woot: What a beautiful cover art...it's like cover of some childhood book of fairytales:laugh:  Title and tracklist sound...magical:D

Can't wait!

Yeah indeed or a cover for an epic adventurge game ;) Is this is a hedgehog? ; P 

I already got my tickets for Milan, a gift for my husband who is a big Avantasia fan. It will also be a great chance to see live some musicians that otherwise we'd never get to see.

Also bought my ticket, I can't wait to travel abroad again to see them live!

And my wishes again came true, we have Ronnie Atkins, Eric Martin, Jorn Lande, Bob Catley & Mike Kiske again! :D (Yeah, there are others also but I admit they are less interesting for me).

I know Avantasia for a long time, but I didn't like them until I decided to buy Ghostlights and then just started to listen again to previous albums, and today Avantasia are one of my favorites. Ghostlights is one of the best albums I have ever listened to. I can't wait anymore to Moonglow!

I am still a bit sad that Avantasia didn't represent Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2016. At least, they ended up being #3 in our national preselection (which can be described as a great achievement for a metal/rock act). 
Even though I don't consider myself a fan or a casual listener, I do like a few tracks and I will definitely check out Avantasia's upcoming album. The trailer is indeed very interesting.

11 minutes ago, Speckofdust said:

You are so demanding... Lol...

It's just that there are many cool bands and I don't have all the time I need to listen to them!

3 minutes ago, Serena said:

It's just that there are many cool bands and I don't have all the time I need to listen to them!

Ok.

The Raven Child is the best song of 2018.

And 2019 is going to be a goddamn great year. New albums to Avantasia, Beast in Black, Battle Beast, the two Rhapsodies, probably Sonata Arctica... I can't wait anymore:(

26 minutes ago, Nightwalker said:

The Raven Child is the best song of 2018.

And 2019 is going to be a goddamn great year. New albums to Avantasia, Beast in Black, Battle Beast, the two Rhapsodies, probably Sonata Arctica... I can't wait anymore:(

And to add new Ancient Bards album,Dragonforce and The Cure ;) and solo album by Marco Hietala!

Just had a listen to the new single which happens to be the title track.

Really dig it, sounds a little bit like Amaranth at least in the chorus, the voice of Candice Night is really something else and certainly one of the most enchanting vocal lines I heard in a long time. If both singles and the sound clips are anything to go by, this album is going to be fantastic!

Before anyone asks, the track was on a little Avantasia EP on german RockHard magazine, I think the official release is this friday :)

The Raven Child is like a sequel to The Scarecrow, which I consider their best song - so I'm pleased. I hope the entire album is as good too.

Moonglow, featuring Candice Night:

It's a lovely song!

It's nice, although Candice's vocals sound really processed.

Well, the new album is pretty damn good.  Not radically different from what Avantasia's done before I suppose, but a solid and energetic album with no truly bad songs.  I kinda raised my eyebrow at the "Maniac" cover, but it's still fun to listen to. I feel like that cover should have been the bonus track instead of "Heart", though!