Slay The Dreamer

The Art Debate

78 posts in this topic

@DownHill

The art of jazz does make me rather nervous and giddy. With exceptions ofcourse like Norah Jones for example or this piece of music..........still a bit nerving, but also pleasantly rhythmic and romantic..................

Is there something like jazz metal? I'm sure I would hate that!

@DownHill ok, in that sense I agree with you. I don't care about currents and doctrines either, I just care about enjoying it, what it transmits and how it makes me feel. It sounds a bit selfish, but to me the art is a communication strictly between me and the artist. 

If you're by coincident visiting Melbourne or Australia during 2 December 2018 - 7 April 2019, you should visit the NGV Art Museum to see an amazing exhibition of M.C. Escher.

Already world famous for more than 70 years and admired by mathematicians, art lovers, school children and hippies alike, Escher's work got a whole new dimension to museum directors world wide, when 'THE MAGIC WORLD OF ESCHER'-exhibition at the Centro Banco do Brasil took the top spot in 2011 for most visited exhibition in the world. Since then, loads of big cities and well known museums/galleries jumped at the opportunity to organize a Escher blockbuster.

But when the NGV in Melbourne were offered to expose 160 works of Escher by the gemeente Museum in The Hague, their organizers looked at all the former exhibitions and concluded that it was mostly hanging-wall-to-wall events. They opted for something else, something much more in line with the Escher Museum in The Hague, something much more compelling.

They collaborated with the Japanese design company Nendo (80 people strong and led by founder Oki Sato) to give the whole exhibition a whole innovative and new perspective. And I think Mister Escher would have loved the outcome. His works are now embedded in design/art works which completely are in line with his Original works.......it's already a very enthralling sight to see it from photo's, let alone if you are able to visit this incredible exhibition. I'm jealous!

The only hope is. that this particular exhibition will also travel to Europe, but I doubt it, as most art works will be distributed all over Australia's museums as NGV's exhibitions are founded by public money. Or maybe has the rights to the art works. So, at last, the Ozzies don't have to be jealous of the isolated place they have got in the (art) world, but are the envy of the world. Not to mention that the NGV already did organized plenty of world class exhibitions.

Some photo's.........

0d10842bf55ac7ce563fa6d07d3f9a0f.jpg

9692048-3x2-700x467.jpg

nendo-mc-escher-between-two-worlds-nvg-m

image.jpg

image.jpg

International_KOGEI_Triennale_Pre-event1