HooPee

Anette Olzon

843 posts in this topic

I must admit I stopped watching live performances of NW after DPP tour, because of a lot of factors. They seemed to be bored as hell, Marco and Anette were often out of tune and the setlists were always the same. I got sleepy the last time I saw them live in 2008.

So, I don't really have a clue about how Anette moved on stage lately, but I think it's a shame they stopped doing Sahara, because I thought that one suited her reeeaaaally well, just like Sacrament, CCM, Walking in the Air and The Siren.

Btw, guys, it's impossible to discuss if you keep on getting on eachother so aggressively.

I know when she was writing her solo work before, she was working with other artists, like Martijn of Within Temptation. Not sure if we can discuss her blog now, but since this is related to her as an artist, i figure I can post it ;)

(June 2010)

(April 2010)

That is from April and June 2010 though. Either way, it means she was writing with others and Martijn is a great songwriter, so I'm dying to hear what he wrote with Anette :D. I really hope she considers going back to this material.

Actually they are not working together anymore!the project is no longer happening. she said so in her blog when someone asked her.

Btw, guys, it's impossible to discuss if you keep on getting on eachother so aggressively.

You are right, but when people search every little detail to try to make Anette looks silly, it really gets on my nerves. Also I get it that some people obviously like to worship Floor and make her the best thing in the Universe, but I just don't agree with that. And when we talk about Scaretale, this songs really shines with Anette, her voice makes it to stand out, Floors version is a lot less interesting, and I honestly don't see what horror Floor brings, except the horror if she will come out in time on the stage in this video:

Yes people admire Floor for her ability to step into someone shoes in such success, with just a few hours to prepare, and to sing songs made for someone else without the time to do proper rehearse.

But it's just an opinion. Just like when people make fun of Tarja's dresses like "banana dress" and whatever. No one insulted Anette.

Well i prefer if the singer is off the stage is she doesnt know what to do with herself or how to move...cause this is..unexplainable..

Yes people admire Floor for her ability to step into someone shoes in such success, with just a few hours to prepare, and to sing songs made for someone else without the time to do proper rehearse.

Now it's just a few hours, lol. This is how a band folklore is born, haha. I know how Nightwish guys like to say that Floor had time to prepare the songs only on her flight to the US, but I also remember when Floor said in an interview, that she was warned by the guys a couple of weeks before they eventually called her, and also in an interview she said she was preparing the songs for a few days. Sooo, let's not make miracles. Also Floor first concerts were not THAT impressive, she used to hold back a lot, and didn't sound nearly as perfect as everyone is making it.

^Do you please mind reading what Floor wrote on her first blog post after joining them? That she was trying to learn the lyrics on the plane to the USA. Before that she had other things to do, she didn't had the time to learn the songs and besides, are rehearsals being done with only the singer? Because as far as I know, most of the times the band is needed, you know.

"The time to prepare was scarily short…I packed my bags and left and printed the lyrics into my head all the way over from Amsterdam to America."

I know you are not that fond of Floor, but not accepting something that was known from the beginning and also not accepting that her first shows were even better than many of Anette's, this is biased. Btw during the first shows she did have a cold and she had done an over-the-seas flight and immediately performed. I would like to see anyone of us being able to even talk after such a trip. And yes, I have done such a trip.

Post edited. Please use default text colour. -HooPee-

Now it's just a few hours, lol. This is how a band folklore is born, haha. I know how Nightwish guys like to say that Floor had time to prepare the songs only on her flight to the US, but I also remember when Floor said in an interview, that she was warned by the guys a couple of weeks before they eventually called her, and also in an interview she said she was preparing the songs for a few days. Sooo, let's not make miracles. Also Floor first concerts were not THAT impressive, she used to hold back a lot, and didn't sound nearly as perfect as everyone is making it.

You are right Noisy, she got more time to rehearse. She was contacted a week before already, I will try to find where she said that and post it here for the non-believers.

Oh a week? Really, that gives her one hell of time really. Surely enough time to prepare herself and her things, her house, to do stuff like informing people she will leave for like months, pay the bills and such, and of course, to rehearse the songs all by herself because obviously the band and the sound of them together is nothing important, actually. You can prepare aaaaaall by yourself for a tour.

And of course, people will compare your performance to the one of a singer that was years in the band, and signing songs written for her.

Really guys, the fact that you're Anette fans means you have to degrade Floor just because people like her more?

@The Carpenter: Yeah, I thought about the same, and aaargh, it's so difficult to find old interviews, but I think I found the right one:

"Floor: Saturdaymorning I've got a text with the message 'How fast can you come to the USA?' So I packed everything as a idiot and booked a ticket for the first plane and practised. They've asked me earlier to go on stage with them, what would've been in November/December/January.

Giel: Oh, ok. I already thought 'You don't know the songs?' but you were already busy with that.

Floor: I've been a little bit busy with it for only one week, but some things changed and in no time, so yeah. I really had a few days and a rehearsal of two hours and text in front of me."

I know you are not that fond of Floor, but not accepting something that was known from the beginning and also not accepting that her first shows were even better than many of Anette's, this is biased. Btw during the first shows she did have a cold and she had done an over-the-seas flight and immediately performed. I would like to see anyone of us being able to even talk after such a trip. And yes, I have done such a trip.

I actually like Floor, but people obsessiveness as if she's the most important thing that happened in NW history, really annoys me. Also Anette was sick with a stomach flu when she had the flight to the US, and she sung the same day she arrived, so yes.

I actually like Floor, but people obsessiveness as if she's the most important thing that happened in NW history, really annoys me. Also Anette was sick with a stomach flu when she had the flight to the US, and she sung the same day she arrived, so yes.

And she sang songs she did know with a band she had been in for years, songs written for her and adjusted to her.

Btw it's not our fault even the people close to NW say that they feel like a band again, or that we have a video with their best performance in years, and yes, people like her, sorry to be this harsh, but deal with it.

You get angry for... opinions? Really? As if Anette fans never ever obsessed with her like she was the most important and best thing ever happened to NW?

Ok, I don't want to diminish what Floor did, but saying that she had only a few hours to learn the songs, and that her first shows were better than anything with Anette, is simply not true.

I watched some of the first videos with Floor, and she definitely was not that good, she was holding back a lot. She improved a lot later on. And I don't have to deal with anything, Nightwish is really not such big dramatic part of my life, I like Floor I'm just not the biggest fan of her voice (yeah, yeah, she has a perfect tehnique), and I still like Anette. That's it. And Nightwish saying that they feel like a band again - dejavu anyone?

and that her first shows were better than anything with Anette, is simply not true

Of course it's not true because I never said it. Ok let's end this here, since you obviously can't accept that some people do like Floor more. And you know what, no, for me Anette does not shine in Scaretale. She's singing about scary things, she's not supposed to be scary herself, but the expressions she takes with her face are of the most scary things I've seen lately.

^DownHill you should stop making your annoying replies in this thread over and over again. We get it! You like Floor more then Anette!

Floor did a good job filling in for Anette on a short notice but do not make a Goddess out of her will you? :)

And about Nightwish feeling like a band again? Hahahah they said the same when they hired Anette! ;)

I guess we should go back on topic again?

@ DownHill: I accept that people like Floor more, it's only natural to like some things over the others, but I'm annoyed, when people (and I'm not talking about you), try to find every little detail to ridicule Anette, and to compare how much better Floor is.

Also, FINE!! :nea:

:P

Both versions of the song are quite good in my opinion so better or not is just a matter of taste. I can understand some peoples annoyance regarding Floor's appraise over and over again, even those who actually have positive feelings about her may turn a bit off. But I think that most exaggerations come from people that knew her and liked her from the After Forever years and now see "justice" to her acknowledgement as good vocalist with a large audience that she deserves.

However lets imagine a parallel universe in which Nightwish have had Floor as second singer which had to be replaced by Anette having a week of preparation...how do you think would that work out?

I think they would have just asked Elize Ryd if such was the case :P . She managed to fill in with a few minutes notice, how about that :P

However lets imagine a parallel universe in which Nightwish have had Floor as second singer which had to be replaced by Anette having a week of preparation...how do you think would that work out?

That's a bit of an unfair question to ask tbh. Since Floor has worked with NW and also known the guys for ten years, whilst Anette had never heard of them until she found out that they were looking for a new singer.

So I'm not sure what you're going on about in this "parallel universe scenario" of yours. To me it sounds like you're trying to put Anette in a scenario that was unfair to begin with.

@noisy

But she would have to "dump" Kamelot at the same time! :unsure:

@Switchblade

Knowing a band doesnt mean you can sing their songs. If she sung She is my Sin -which she has done before- then yes it wouldnt be fair.

And btw I am only talking on singing level comparison within a limited time for preparation, nothing else.

But she would have to "dump" Kamelot at the same time! :unsure:

yeah, and it would make things even more dramatic than there are now, people would talk and talk about these events, and Nightwish would become the true legends they oath to be

Looks like nobody cares about getting back On Topic? Ok, then maybe this works better: Stop comparing Anette/Floor. From now on this topic goes about Anette only. Period.

Actually they are not working together anymore!the project is no longer happening. she said so in her blog when someone asked her.

Ok, I missed that statement. That's a shame. I'd have loved to hear what they can do together.