nameless

Eurovision 2013

182 posts in this topic

So normally this is up to BMoiz but since he is not around much anymore I´ll do this now ;)

There are quite a lot countries that already picked their participants or will do so in the next days, I´ll try to edit this list:

(First Semi Final)

Austria: Natália Kelly - Shine

Croatia: Super Klapa - Mizerja

Denmark: Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops

Estonia: Birgit Õigemeel - Et uus saaks alguse

Netherlands: Anouk - TBA March

Russia: Dina Garipova - What If

Slovenia: Hannah Mancini - Straight Into Love

Ukraine:

Belarus: Alyona Lanskaya - Solayoh

Belgium: Roberto Bellarosa -"Love Kills"

Cyprus:

Ireland: Ryan Dolan - Only Love Survives

Lithuania:

Moldova: TBA 16.03.

Montenegro: Who See feat. Nina Žižić - "Igranka" (Dance)

Serbia: TBD 3.03.

(Second Semi Final)

Azerbaijan: TBA March

Bulgaria: Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankoulov -TBA 03.03.

Finland:

Iceland: Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson - "Ég á líf" (I have a life)

Latvia:

Macedonia: Vlatko Lozanoski & Esma Redžepova - TBA 27.02.

Malta:

San Marino: Valentina Monetta - "Crisalide"

Albania: Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko- "Identitet" (Identity)

Armenia: Gor Sujyan - Lonely Planet

Georgia:

Greece:

Hungary: Bye Alex - Kedvesem

Israel: TBA 07.03.

Norway:

Romania: TBA 09.03.

Switzerland: Heilsarmee - "You and Me" (Heilsarmee will be required to change their name before the contest due to EBU regulations banning political and religious content)

(Final)

France: Amandine Bourgeois -"L'enfer et moi" (Hell and me)

Germany:

Italy: TBA 16.02.

United Kingdom:

Spain: El Sueño de Morfeo Song - Contigo hasta el final

Sweden: ??

Generally many videos here: https://www.youtube....LoveUnlimited10

So here the party goes!! Feel free to discuss

German will pic today and I start to get excited :D

Edited by nameless

I always have a Eurovision party at my house. Started by accident 4 years ago when had some friends round and Eurovision happened to be on. We spent most of the night making fun of some of the entries and just laughing. It's been tradition ever since.

I don't follow the Eurovision contest... The only time I watched it almost in its entirety was the edition held in Greece - I watched it on BBC Prime and the presenter was so funny and witty - I had a blast. He made that show enjoyable - I'm sorry I didn't catch up his name.

I have watched Eurovision two times, 2000 and 2006 and that's it. Not really interested. I would watch it if there's some interesting act, like Rammstein or Nachtmahrbut otherwise... no thanks.

So far there are already some really nice acts in it! I really love Norway and Denmark!

But Finnland!!!! What is up with you! Whoever voted for that should be given a headshot! God ...

(But I am afraid Germany will choose something they should be killed for aswell.... If it will be Söhne Mannheims or Die Priester I will move away.... I bet it will be Cascada and hope for Saint Lu)

Carol: Eurovision Party is cool I wish my friends would like to do something like that aswell!

I really liked Denmark's song! it's quite fun and it kind of (emphasis on kind of) has a similar feel with wild dances!

I watch Eurovision every year, though mainly for the visuals I have to admit. But my favourite Eurovision so far was in 2010. I think there were some cool songs (I still listen to some of them occasionally) and in that year Hungary didn't participate. :P

I'm ashamed because of our musicians who go to Eurovision most of the time... In my opinion the music scene in Hungary was at it's best in the '80s and '90s. Since then it's going down... At least for me, I'm sorry to say... :unsure:

I'm Eurovision obsessed, I've watched it every year for as long as I can remember. I just wish my country would take a bit more pride in our entry - we really are rubbish when it comes to picking acts.

I'll edit it later... It was Not in the list at Wikipedia. In fact there were Uk Spain and Sweden missing.

Oh and were I mentioned artist and Song but did not Link a Video I just couldn't find any. If you have a link feel free to post!

Italy will send Marco Mengoni:

Yeah, he always sounds like he's about to die.

I have been following the Eurovision for years. My favourite ESC so far was the 2011 one because I liked most of the songs actually. Hmm... is it just me or does Glorious sounds like Euphoria? Not very fond of Cascada anyway but did they have to create a copy of last year's winner song...

I avoid watching/listening to any songs before the final. Makes the final a bit more fun for us.

Question for viewers from Britain//UK...

Does anyone know what channel (BBC etc) will broadcast the final ? Has it been announced yet ?

Thanks

Probably yes ... But in 2006 I watched the show on BBC Prime ... I don't know how it happened , but it did.

If it's only on BBC1 , then it's available only in the UK - and not abroad ... :cry:

We don't have BBC Prime in UK I gather that's how you guys watch BBC abroad :) I'm 90% sure it's BBC1 but I'll be honest I never paid that much attention

I love Eurovision! I never really enjoy most of the songs and I find the ones that I do enjoy quite boring after a while. But still I have a lot of fun watching it, actually. I don't know how I'll manage this year, since I don't have my own TV, but I'm sure I'll find a way. Hating the Spanish contestants though. Why are they there?? hmmm

I have been following the Eurovision for years. My favourite ESC so far was the 2011 one because I liked most of the songs actually. Hmm... is it just me or does Glorious sounds like Euphoria? Not very fond of Cascada anyway but did they have to create a copy of last year's winner song...

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I heard a snippet of the song and immediately started singing the Euphoria-lyrics to it :D

Probably yes ... But in 2006 I watched the show on BBC Prime ... I don't know how it happened , but it did.

If it's only on BBC1 , then it's available only in the UK - and not abroad ... :cry:

Well I think if you cannot watch it on BBC there would be the possibility to watch it online... I am not 100 percent sure but I think that Eurovision.tv streams it online!

Oh and all the national selections aswell if anyone is interested!

I love Eurovision! I never really enjoy most of the songs and I find the ones that I do enjoy quite boring after a while. But still I have a lot of fun watching it, actually. I don't know how I'll manage this year, since I don't have my own TV, but I'm sure I'll find a way. Hating the Spanish contestants though. Why are they there?? hmmm

As above... As you seem to have a computer you could watch it online ;)

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I heard a snippet of the song and immediately started singing the Euphoria-lyrics to it :D

Everyone says that... Yeah of cause it can possibly remind one of that but, well don´t all those dance acts sound quite similar... So I would rather blame Germany for picing a song of the same style as last years than blaming Cascada for sounding like Euphoria... I don´t think the same style wins twice in a row... It was the same in 2011 as suddenly a lot young girls that looked a lot like Lena appeared... :/

So I am convinced we will not win BUT I still think this could give a good result! The song is really nice (by far not as good as Euphoria but better than many other songs)