Sign in to follow this  
Baki

Sarah Brightman

64 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, Serena said:

Symphony is cool! Maybe other albums suit your taste more, but is not a bad album! I like all Sarah in 90's and evey album is different! That's great!

Symphony to me sounded like a very watered down version of her crossover albums, just with very bad vocals and terribly over-hyped "gothic metal" promotional campaign, which completely falsely described the sound of the album. 

I love her albums from Dive to Harem, but Fly is definitely my favourite, it's one of my favourite albums ever, and if she had stayed in that genre afterwards, she would have redefined pop music in a way (I found that album to be kind of "pop version of Nightwish"). 

1 hour ago, Baki said:

I love her albums from Dive to Harem, but Fly is definitely my favourite, it's one of my favourite albums ever

Amen to that!! :D

1 hour ago, Baki said:

Symphony to me sounded like a very watered down version of her crossover albums, just with very bad vocals and terribly over-hyped "gothic metal" promotional campaign, which completely falsely described the sound of the album.  

Hmmm, Symphony had TV promo in Spain, which I loved! But, when I actually listened to it, I was like "This is not gothic metal at all but I love it" Same with the rest, starting with Dive! :D

1 hour ago, Speckofdust said:

This looks so awesome and epic ! ;)

Wanna watch it now!! :D Looks AMAZING!!!

On 10/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, Speckofdust said:

On wikipedia says that this will be the biggest production in her career

It looks like! :D

We have a new video!

Didn't know he was that handsome haha. Nice music video. I like the song a lot. Hope, there are more such tracks on her upcoming album. 

The new album is definitely a downturn compared to Dreamchaser. The only truly great song is Fly to Paradise. Follow Me and Sky and sand are good too. New version of Time to say goodby would also have been good if not for the terrible singing towards the end, same for Miracle. The other songs are easily forgettable cliches. I just cannot get over why nobody in her environment tells her that her classical voice is gone, and she should stick to ethereal or pop style, which are now her forte. 

Funny thing, but she has the same problem as Tarja, just in the opposite direction, lol. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:29 AM, Baki said:

The only truly great song is Fly to Paradise. Follow Me and Sky and sand are good too.

Agree on that! :)