HooPee

Anneke van Giersbergen

400 posts in this topic

I think this wonderful woman deserves own topic. Here's some basic information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneke_van_Giersbergen and here's the official website: http://www.annekevangiersbergen.com/

I totally love Anneke's voice. I just could listen to it like... forever. I would like to see her to support Pain of Salvation but I know I can't go. At least she's coming back to Finland in May and I'll see her then. It feels like it was ages ago when she was here last time with Danny Cavanagh in January.

A goddess, pure goddess! Her last solo album was the best release of 2012 for me. And also, pardon my language, she's my ultimate MILF fantasy. :wub:

I think Everything is Changing is a good album, not the best of 2012 for me but deserves a place in my top 10 of last year releases.

I have a question for HooPee or whoever else knows a lot about Anneke. I've only just starting listening to stuff with her and I think she is amazing. I'm making a mix CD of "light metal" for my mom and I was wondering what might be a good song with Anneke that I could include. I really liked her version of When I am Laid, so if there are any songs that show a similar side of her voice I would really like to know :)

Anneke used to have a piercing in her nose?! Oh, she's such a Floor-wannabe!

Amazing singer, amazing person. I confess: I am 100% Anneke fan-boy!

Anneke solo (well, almost solo):

[media]

[/media]

Anneke & The Gathering (and how much time does it take you before you realize this is a live performance):

[media]

[/media]

Anneke singing Purcell:

[media]http://youtu.be/G-ZbkEErTMs[/media]

Finn is so cute! And I love Hey Okay! One of my favorite song from Anneke!

Anneke is the finest singer of her generation! Everything she touches is golden! I love her vocals on her last two efforts with the gathering: souvenirs and home. And nighttime birds is an extraordinary album vocally! Everything about that period of time for the gathering is astonishing. For me, her closest rival is cristina scabbia. I dont care what anyone thinks about lacuna coil, but anneke and cristina are the two most emotive and sensual female singers in rock and metal. Both have a certain charisma that elsewhere I can find only in stevie nicks and kate bush, and funnily enough alicia keys. Just beautiful...and anneke is simply...words cannot describe her voice...

However, I struggle with her solo work. Its fine, but ive heard nothing magical that takes me in the same way her work with the gathering did. And the gathering are not the same without her either. Shame. But I do think she should keep on doing what she enjoys, even if it leaves me cold!

O, and as far as I am concerned her work with devin townsend needs to keep on going. That last album was epicloud was HOOOTTT!!!

Although Epicloud was great, I prefer Addicted by miles, each song on that album was awesome and super catchy!

I'm also a big fan of Anneke (with TG and w/o TG). I didn't have her new releases yet, I only had the first one and I loved it!

Her voice is WOW! I love her during her early years with The Gathering.. I had In Motion DVD and still enjoys every single second of watching her kicking off the stage!!! She's young and very cute back then.

But yeah, "everything is changing", just like her latest album. :-)

Anneke will be Saturday in São Paulo/Brasil. She is amazing, I'm anxious! :clap:

I will get around to listening properly to her solo work, but I love the gathering first and foremost. Funnily enough, not without her but for me the songwriting that occured when the she was with the band is simply unique. I actually think its good she left the gathering because after Home I have no idea where he sound could have gone next without going stale. Both camps are doing well, but neither to my taste. Still, I would not pass up an oppurtunity to see either live!

Her voice on the song Amity and her performance on the semi-acoustic live album Sleepy Buildings are my favourites. That live album is perfection.

Her voice on the song Amity and her performance on the semi-acoustic live album Sleepy Buildings are my favourites. That live album is perfection.

I like that too esp. the versions of The Gathering's older songs (doom metal era). She just sounded so perfectly!

It is such a beautiful album! I wish all music could sound so glorious as this work. This album also has the best version of Saturnine. The album version of this song just doesnt compare. And I love the old doomy songs with her voice. Its a shame we couldnt hear more of this!

Also have to mention the song Confusion. It sends shivers down my spine every time, and also Marooned...good grief I love all those moments...

If I were to try one of her solo albums, where shall I start? I have heard the odd song, and all of them have left me feeling indifferent. Her voice is lovely still, but the songs just dont resonate with me.

I'd go with the latest one. The Agua de Anique (sp?) are nice as well, but its' more of an acoustic singer-songwriter type of music, while the latest one is more rocky, and the song structures are much more interesting and uplifting.

Oh ok! If I remember correctly, the new album has her on the front cover looking pretty scrummy! Is that the one? Everything changing or summat like that!

I'd go with the latest one. The Agua de Anique (sp?) are nice as well, but its' more of an acoustic singer-songwriter type of music, while the latest one is more rocky, and the song structures are much more interesting and uplifting.

Now, i think I have to buy that...on iTunes. ;)

Thanks for the video cazani! Why May is so far away? I can't wait it!

Acoustic Anathema is coming to Belgrade in April, but it seems without Anneke. No reason for me to go there then.

Acoustic Anathema is coming to Belgrade in April, but it seems without Anneke. No reason for me to go there then.

Is there more acoustic shows coming? :o

No idea, I just saw the info on the Belgrade one on my FB feed.