HooPee

Anneke van Giersbergen

394 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

She will also release a live album of the orchestral shows she did in May. 

Didn't know that. Based on those clips that was a fantastic concept. I must buy that one.

@Harvest

The only right way is..........let's wait for it.........................(phonetic)...............ANNUHKUH...........there you have it for once and for all:P!

You know the Alan Pasons Project (with always different singers), right? I think Annuhkuh should call herself The Anneke Other Project

Symphonized dropped yesterday and I'm really enjoying it :music:. I love this version of "Amity", which was already one of my favorite The Gathering songs. "You Will Never Change" and "Your Glorious Light Will Shine - Helsinki" are also instant favorites for me. I'd definitely recommend this album.   

I'm in Love with Symphonized! It's just beautiful. I thought some songs (especially her more popish songs like Feel Alive or Two Souls) may sound weird but all of them are great. Two Souls is just beautiful. Travel and Amity sound epic and I think that Amity may be better than the studio version (don't hate me :P ). Helsinki is also great. I just wish Paris was included too.

I'm also listening to the Lorrainville album she took part in and it is great. It's different and it's really enjoyable. Rock, metal, pop, classical, country. What can't she do?

She just released an accoustic covers album, but unfortunately, it is only available in her Dutch shows. I want it! (If anyone sees it online, pm me pretty please?). And I need to see her live right now! It's been 4 years and she used to play here almost every year. I really really hope she brings this accoustic anniversary show here in Greece.

Has anyone seen this? it looks interesting, it's a documentary about Anneke. I haven't watched the whole thing and he still uploading more parts but what I've seen I liked.

https://vimeo.com/channels/anneke/312409229

I also wish there was a way to get her acoustic album online, I'm kind of sad you can only get it at her shows :( 

16 hours ago, silverlining said:

Has anyone seen this? it looks interesting, it's a documentary about Anneke. I haven't watched the whole thing and he still uploading more parts but what I've seen I liked.

https://vimeo.com/channels/anneke/312409229

I also wish there was a way to get her acoustic album online, I'm kind of sad you can only get it at her shows :( 

There is a chance that unsold stock will be available in her webshop, like the tour exclusive The gentle storm EP at the time.

That documentary is wonderful, thank you! 

It reminded me how gorgeous she is. I still cannot make myself like Vuur, though.