LFMAC

Anette Olsson

2,459 posts in this topic

I certainly hope not. It's the worst song on the album in my opinion. But then again, it might just be because I don't like jazz. Hrmph.

If they remake either of those seven years from now with bad vocals, then let's hope it's not another "Sleeping Sun."

Obviously. I was merely saying that as Tarja's major ballad was Sleeping Sun, I was merely speculating as to whether or not Anette's could be Turn Loose the Mermaids. Eh. I dunno. I just don't like Slow, Love, Slow. It's... not my style. :unsure:

In the Birdie song, when she is singing in her headvoice, she even reminds me of Nelly Furtado.

Hey! Nelly Furtado was awesome until she started working with Timbaland (yuck). Folklore is such a magical album (not very commercial though).

Back on topic, I adore Slow, Love, Slow. It's probably my favourite track on Imaginaerum.

I'm listening to a bootleg recording of one of the concerts from the DPP tour and I remembered that there was a video where Anette sang the ending of the Escapist exactly like it was on the studio version. As I remember, it was the only time she sang it like that. I forgot where or when was that concert held but I remember it was when she had blond hair and she was wearing something greenish I think (but I might be wrong). Can someone please help me out and point me to this video? Thanks in advance! :D

Well, The Escapist was in the setlist of 2009 shows, and yeah, Anette was blond that time, but I can't remember her wearing smth greenish during that part of the tour, hmmm... Cause during that time she incorporated a bit more classy look with mostly black clothes, excluding some summer dresses.

Anyway, it might be that your memory tricks you about the clothes, cause I remember only 1 green dress she had, and it was in 2008, and yeah, there's a bootleg recorded from that show, called La Zona Rosa or smth like that.

Or it might very well be that it is my memory who doesn't serve me well at all :)

Love her voice so much in this album :dance: It sounds so beautiful and strong, why she didnt sing like that since the beginning... :acute:

@Stargazer: kind of reminds me of how Tony Kakko will often do a fun song with the audience during a Sonata Arctica show. I always love it when band members have some fun.

Well, The Escapist was in the setlist of 2009 shows, and yeah, Anette was blond that time, but I can't remember her wearing smth greenish during that part of the tour, hmmm... Cause during that time she incorporated a bit more classy look with mostly black clothes, excluding some summer dresses.

Anyway, it might be that your memory tricks you about the clothes, cause I remember only 1 green dress she had, and it was in 2008, and yeah, there's a bootleg recorded from that show, called La Zona Rosa or smth like that.

Or it might very well be that it is my memory who doesn't serve me well at all :)

Found it! :D The venue was RMJ Party Camp in Pori, Finland.

[media]

[/media]

I think this is the only way she sang it like this. It starts around 3:30.

Oh, and she WAS wearing something greenish (a jacket), so HEP-HEP-HOORAY! for my memory! :clap:

^ sorry to disappoint you, but that jacket was pretty much blue :P

thanks for the video :)

I found some more pictures with Anette wearing the same jacket, and there in the daylight it does seem to be blue :) I guess the color depends on lightning and other features

I start to like her style (not the outfits from the first concerts) but that jacket is cute, maybe I just sw the worst outfits 'cause her recent pics she looks great ...I also want to dye my hair with pink color like she had, she looked so cool but I think Im too old for that

I found some more pictures with Anette wearing the same jacket, and there in the daylight it does seem to be blue :) I guess the color depends on lightning and other features

Or apparently, the configuration of one's eyes. :) I also have a theory that there are no two people who feel the same taste when eating the same food. That's why some people like some food others don't. Too bad there's no way for me to prove this somehow.

PS. Funny, but this color that is somewhat blue and somewhat green (some called it teal) is my favorite color. :D

Or apparently, the configuration of one's eyes. :) I also have a theory that there are no two people who feel the same taste when eating the same food. That's why some people like some food others don't. Too bad there's no way for me to prove this somehow.

PS. Funny, but this color that is somewhat blue and somewhat green (some called it teal) is my favorite color. :D

I have the same beleif on food. Some people have more or less tastebuds than others, or more tastebuds on one receprive part of the tounge than another. (More towards bitter than sweet, etc.) I beleive the same to be true for eyes. Differences in lenses, rods and cones could well equate to individuals seeing the visible spectrum in different ways. However, think of it this way: A child is shown a colour which is reffered to as blue by whoever is teaching them the colours. Whatever they perceive this as is what they will always think of as blue. Someone may perceive the same colour compleatly differently, but they will still learn the same colour as being blue, despite not seeing it the same as someone else. So seeing something as more blue or green has less to do with our actual eyes as it does with our perception.

^My high school physics teacher once said: "Since colors are created when light hits a surface of the object, and we see it colored like that, who knows what color that object actually is..." :)