LFMAC

Anette Olsson

2,435 posts in this topic

There is such a thing as Red/Green colorblindness. It isn't a severe health issue or anything, but it's quite common in males. Women can carry it, but only really can have it if both of her parents carry the gene. Men tend to have less efficient sight anyway, their color perception in particular is poor. ... I 'm not saying you're a dude and are therefore blind or anything :P so please don't take offense, I actually can't see your gender anyway, so it may not even apply to you; But a mild condition like that can go unnoticed easily. And, as Tadithoe says, everyone is different, and therefore perceives things differently. Though, if I had to guess, I'd say that it's just a funny fabric. :P Still, I figured the red/green issue was worth mentioning, not sure why... Too much eggnog maybe :rofl: just spouting random information, don't mind me.

Just how is colourblindness related to Anette's singing? I like to say that, now I've heard Imaginaerum a few times, I really like how she sings on it. It really sounds like Tuomas now reckoned with her vocal range and its strong parts. Now I'm curious to how she will deliver it live, because some songs still seem quite hard for her voice (Storytime coming to my mind first).

Coulourblindness effects the way different people may see her clothing. It may also contribute to the different colours people see or think of when listening to certian songs, which Anette contributes to.

Exactly because colours are "illusions" created by the light hitting each object, in reality everything is black and white...

I'm so grateful for these illusions. I'd be dead in no-time in a black and white world.

Not sure how this is relavent to Antette... but I've often wondered how different people see colours - is what I see as 'blue' the same as what everyone else sees as 'blue'? Probably not...

On topic: Anette's singing is so much better on iRum! Her and Marco both :)

^ Very much so! She's had time to grow and evolve as a singer since Dark Passion Play, and it really shows. I still wish she'd do more vibrato, though...

Swallow the Sun have done a music video for Cathedral Walls, I wonder if Anette appears in the video too? :)

Hmm, at least she haven't mentioned anything about it in blog. I don't think she appears in the video. I saw some pictures from videoshooting in facebook and I didn't see Anette there.

Now my new favorite songs are Turn loose the Mermaids and Last Ride of the Day....Anette sounds amazing in both, she is growing on me definitely, I hear her and Im like *_* ....she sounds great, I learnt to like her as much as I like Tarja. (just take her away from the old songs :P)

I think my most favourite (though immensely bittersweet) moment (singing/performing wise) off Imaginaerum is a part of Turn Loose the Mermaids, this one:

"Good journey, love (singing this, Anette glows with light and calmness, as if she knows the end is inevitable and wants the person the song is about to pass away with a smile and a thought of a life long and fully lived), time to go (and there the mood changes in a second, you hear such sorrow and longing that you almost cry and you too get the end is very near and it will come no matter who you are, where you are, etc. I'm not even talking about your personal memories awakening during this line).

And so much has been told and shared with just 2 lines of lyrics and some heartwarming vocals...

I always weep listening Turn Loose the Mermaids, it brings me back to the time my mom passed away.

^ I know her voice is so freacking warm and lovely, I definitely love the way she sings it.... :wub:

Couldn’t agree more Hevein :good:

'Turn Loose...' is by far Anette's best & most emotional deliverance. I don’t believe I’ve ever cried so much while listening to a song…

Swallow the Sun has just released the video for their upcoming album - it's the one with Anette. Jesus F-ing christ, this is great. She also finds a slightly different nuance of her voice here. You have to follow Terrorizers link

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1.php/2012/01/05/premiere-swallow-the-sun-unveil-the-video-to-cathedral-walls

I agree Kristian. The song is so great and Anette sounds gorgeous.

Yep, it is. I had forgotten all about Anette on this album, and I kept thinking, who is this, it kinda reminds me of Liv Kristine from Theatre of Tragedy, really beautiful - then I checked the text, and I felt really, really stupid.

She does sound different here, but in a great way - go Anette.

That song is freaking awesome and I love how fragile & melancholic Anette sounds! Epic!

I missed new StS music a lot, and this is just grrrreat, agree with Kristian. Anette is so versatile, I'm so thankful for her persistence and everything and for the fact she joined NW and got the chance to explore her talent further. I never thought she can incorporate into doom metal in such a wonderful way.

I loved that song especially Anette's voice it really fits the songs genereal atmosphere.And i completely agree that it sounds kind of like Liv Kristine's!

Yep, it is. I had forgotten all about Anette on this album, and I kept thinking, who is this, it kinda reminds me of Liv Kristine from Theatre of Tragedy, really beautiful - then I checked the text, and I felt really, really stupid.

She does sound different here, but in a great way - go Anette.

I thought the same thing! :)

Anette sounds really good in this song.

Swallow the sun and doom-ish music in general bore me to death, so I'm not a fan of the song. Anette sounds good, her calm voice is very pleasant, but for me it's important for a voice to have character, personality. And I could've sworn she's Liv Kristin in this song, so I can't say I'm very excited about the result.

^ I agree that genre bores me so I dont care if she sounds good or not, it is a song that I wont hear anyway.