MyChildWish

Sirenia

351 posts in this topic

For geoman:

Here are some of my favorite tracks from this band.

First, Sister Nightfall from "At Sixes and Sevens" album (#1 favorite album). The lead singer was Fabienne Gondamin which is my #1 favorite Sirenia singer. Reason? Her voice says it all! Haunting, deep and fits perfectly with the gothic sound.

Next, the one from "Nine Destinies and a downfall", song called "The Other Side". The lead singer was Monika Pedersen. I also like her voice despite of her brighter timbre, but I think it fits perfect with their sound here [i think is much straightforward than the first album].

roestseel, I have heard "The Other Side" and I do love it. It has a great video and I like Monika. I had not heard "Sister Nightfall" before so I thank you for sharing it with me. Great music. I shall have to get A6'sA7's. It seems most Sirenia fans like it the most.

Really? I loved Perils Of The Deep Blue. I didn't enjoy the previous two albums all that much because they sounded so generic to me. I also I didn't like Ailyn's vocals, she seemed so limited.

I actually came to the point where I gave up on Sirenia.

Then came Perils Of The Deep Blue and I was so impressed. Suddenly there was inspiration again..Ailyn also sounded a lot better.

And I love the diversity of Perils and the inclusion of norwegian lyrics.

I personally think it's one of their best albums and I'm excited to see what they will deliver in the future :)

I am very excited for the new stuff as well. Perils of the Deep Blue was a big surprise, I mean, even with the first single you had a feeling they want to stray from mainstream appeal ( off course, I have nothing against good quality mainstream oriented music). Can't wait to see what they're up to now.

Widow's Weeds is still one of my all time favorite gothic metal albums of all time, but over the years Morten Veland's work has bored me to tears. He uses the same formula all the time; I got the 13th Floor from Sirenia as soon as it was released a few years back but after that I stopped following his work.

They just announced the artwork, the tracklist and the release dates for the new album:

Artwork:

10985590_10153091189726052_7937130391064

I think it's not outstanding, a bit ordinary and cheesy but nice enough. It's okay.

Tracklist:

1. Seti
2. Serpent
3. Once My Light
4. Elixir
5. Sons Of The North
6. Earendel
7. Concealed Disdain
8. Insania
9. Contemptuous Quitus
10. The Silver Eye
11. Tragedienne
12. Tragica (Tragedienne Spanish Version - Bonus Track)

Release Dates:
G/A/S/Europe/AUS: 08.05.2015
UK/NO/FR/DK/IT: 11.05.2015
SE/ESP: 13.05.2015
USA/CAN: 12.05.2015

I have to say this year is shaping up as nicely as last year which was the best year for me (concerning new releases) since I got into metal. So many bands are releasing new stuff, it's amazing! :)

I thought their last album was pretty amazing actually. Not all songs, but some of them really have something. The sound has lots of little homages to The Gathering, Third and the Mortal and Tristania. Sometimes even My Dying Bride. Still keeping and developing something very Sirenia, and sounding both modern, while getting back to the foundations of this genre. Some darkness and grit, but also really good melodies, and not so plastic. Easily their best album since the first.

The highlights for me from Perils of the Deep Blue are Ditt Endelikt, Darkling, DecadenceThe Funeral March, and especially Stille Kom Döden (amazing song, with elements from all those bands).

If they keep going in this direction, and Ailyn keeps improving as she's done, this new album could be really something.

@Floor Rules: She is! Love her in the band, she's my favourite :)

I just bought "An Elixir For Existence" and OMG the album is legendary. Breathtaking. I love it! 

Btw, did anyone like the Spanish version of "This Darkness". The song is "Oscura Realidad" from "The Enigma Of Life" album. I loved the song so much. It was great to listen to Ailyn singing a symphonic metal song in her native language (Spanish). I would love to see her sing another song in Spanish and put it as a bonus. 

I need to listen to "Perils of the Deep Blue" songs more. I liked some songs but other songs might grow on me.  I'm happy they are doing well and very excited for the next album.

I just bought "An Elixir For Existence" and OMG the album is legendary. Breathtaking. I love it! 

Btw, did anyone like the Spanish version of "This Darkness". The song is "Oscura Realidad" from "The Enigma Of Life" album. I loved the song so much. It was great to listen to Ailyn singing a symphonic metal song in her native language (Spanish). I would love to see her sing another song in Spanish and put it as a bonus. 

I need to listen to "Perils of the Deep Blue" songs more. I liked some songs but other songs might grow on me.  I'm happy they are doing well and very excited for the next album.

Actually, there's other song in spanish: "El Enigma de la Vida" (The Enigma of Life spanish version) :D and it's fabulous! 

There's also "Ditt Endelikt", where Ailyn recites in spanish, too. 

And the new album will have a new song in spanish:D! Tragica!

I'm sorry for my bad redaction: English is no my mother tongue ^-^ 

PS: Did u see the tracklist of the new album? There's a song called Insania

Tristania - Mortemia - Sirenia - Insania OMG Morten what do you want, help D: xD 

I need to listen to "Perils of the Deep Blue" songs more. I liked some songs but other songs might grow on me. I'm happy they are doing well and very excited for the next album.

Actually, there's other song in spanish: "El Enigma de la Vida" (The Enigma of Life spanish version) :D and it's fabulous!

There's also "Ditt Endelikt", where Ailyn recites in spanish, too.

And the new album will have a new song in spanish:D! Tragica!

I'm sorry for my bad redaction: English is no my mother tongue ^-^

PS: Did u see the tracklist of the new album? There's a song called Insania

Tristania - Mortemia - Sirenia - Insania OMG Morten what do you want, help D: xD

OMG how come I missed that? Silly me. Just listened to it on youtube. It's amazing as you said! Love it! Love her voice in Spanish even more to be honest. :wub: :I I would love to learn Spanish one day. I certainly want more Spanish songs from the band. Her voice is even sweeter in her native language. :wub:

So happy that there is a song in Spanish in the new album. I had no idea to be honest. Thank you for telling me the great news. :I :wub: I really can't wait for the new album to hear it. :help:

It's ok, your English is good. It's not my mother tongue either. :help:

Yup I saw the tracklist. It's funny indeed lol. I noticed that too.

Btw, I would like to see this thread more active. I think this band deserves more attention. Their last album is growing on me and I'm loving that. This band already became my 2nd favorite symphonic metal band after NW. I can say now I loved all their albums with the beauty from Barcelona. :wub: Add to that "An Elixir For Existence" album. It's such a great album imo. One of their best.

I adore this interview. She is such a sweetheart. :wub: So down to earth. :I

She said the new album will be more powerful. Not sure that is good thing. Hopefully not too powerful for her voice.

Posts merged. Please do not double post if your latest post is less than two weeks old. - Dandelion

Great last album, and great job by Morten considering the fact he did the whole recording thing completely alone. Still, I think the production, or the overall sound, could've been better. The previous record was boring as hell. I think Ailyn thinks the same as implied above :D

Mmmm I liked all the last 3 albums to be honest but I noticed the improvement in the last album. Great to see and as you said, there is still room for improvement. Honestly I would like Ailyn's vocals to be clearer in general in the next album. Some songs overpower her voice too much I can barely hear her or understand what she is singing. 

I love Sirenia and rather enjoyed their latest work but At sixes and Sevens, and An Elixir For Existence are my likely favorites i have to listen to songs on those album while i'm alone, helps me with the whole theatre of the mind when i'm in the depths

It's so nice to hear this song again! I think they're doing it better now than in the older video that was posted in the thread. 

Since Tristania have gone in such a different direction since back in the day (they're still amazing, just a pretty different band) it feels more natural to me for Sirenia to do these songs, since they sort of do originate from Widow's Weeds and Beyond the Veil, and have stayed closer to that sound than Tristania has.

I think they have better songs than MLL on the first two albums... A Sequel of Decay and Aphelion are pretty cool, they should play those...as well as Lithium and the Lover, On the Wane and A Shadow of Your Own Self from early Sirenia...

It's so nice to hear this song again! I think they're doing it better now than in the older video that was posted in the thread. 

Since Tristania have gone in such a different direction since back in the day (they're still amazing, just a pretty different band) it feels more natural to me for Sirenia to do these songs, since they sort of do originate from Widow's Weeds and Beyond the Veil, and have stayed closer to that sound than Tristania has.

Love how Ailyn sings here! Great job!  :music:

I love this song too. :wub:  Stunning, beautiful performance from Ailyn. She is very talentoso (trying to learn a bit of Spanish hehe).

@Floor Rules: It's "Talentosa", with "a" in the end :) Spanish language differences between male and female adjetives. "-o" in the end is for male. "-a" in the end is for female ;):D 

I loved that My Lost Lenore version...! I would like to hear Aylin sing lyrical songs more often :) and better, why not. 

Those song titles are so cliché it's not even funny. I'm still looking forward to the album though. Ailyn is indeed a sweetheart and I'm really impressed with how dedicated she seems to be. She's really put her heart and soul into being the singer in this band. After the first two albums with her I was honestly ready for an announcement that she was going to leave due to "creative differences" and pursue a career in pop music in her home country, but I'm glad she proved me wrong!

Those song titles are so cliché it's not even funny. I'm still looking forward to the album though. Ailyn is indeed a sweetheart and I'm really impressed with how dedicated she seems to be. She's really put her heart and soul into being the singer in this band. After the first two albums with her I was honestly ready for an announcement that she was going to leave due to "creative differences" and pursue a career in pop music in her home country, but I'm glad she proved me wrong!

Well, yes, the song titles are pretty much cliché but they've always been like that. From the first album on until now I can't even remember a song title that doesn't sound cliché.

I also hope that Ailyn stays. She's the best singer they have had imo. I didn't like her vocals on her first two albums at all but Perils she developed her voice quite a lot and I've grown to like her quite a bit. Her tone is still somewhat screechy but I like it. Combined with her accent it makes her stand out.

She reminds me of early Sharon on Enter and The Dance. Her voice has the same Gothic quality to it, although it didn't really become apparent until their previous album!

I love the fact that Aylin previously sang anime-pop music and now is soooo dark hahaha. Seriously, I love that. 

I love that she can be the darkest gothic bloody batwoman on scenario and a sweet ordinary woman on her daily life :)