Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roestseel

Stream of Passion

41 posts in this topic

45291_logo.png

Stream of Passion is a Progressive metal band originated from 3 different countries when they've started way back 2005. It was mainly founded by Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon) and Marcela Bovio. The band have already released 3 albums up to date and 1 live album.

The band's current line-up:

Marcela Bovio - vocals, violin

Johan van Stratum - bass

Eric Hazebroek - guitars

Stephan Schultz - guitars

Jeffrey Revet - keyboards

Martijn Peters - drums

Discography:

2005 - Embrace the Storm (full-length)

2006 - Out in the Real World (single)

2006 - Live in The Real World (DVD)

2009 - The Flame Within (full-length)

2011 - Darker Days (full-length)

Related links:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/StreamOfPassion

Last.fm - https://www.facebook.com/StreamOfPassion

Twitter - https://twitter.com/streamofpassion

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/streamofpassionband

I don't know what happened but I cannot open their webpage.

Sidenotes (to admin and mods):

I don't know if we already have a topic for this band, but when I searched the forum, there's nothing so I decided to create one for this awesome band. But if there is already an existing topic, please delete my post. Thanks.

This is the one Arjen project I'm not truly excited about, I can't really put my finger on it, but there's something missing - I think it's the fact that in theory they're progressive with symphonic and gothic influences, but in reality they're symphonic with progressive influences. They do not excel at the symphonic part, they're kinda bland in this area, and they do not use the progressiveness to its full potential. So they're....something....but not quite..... they're very hit and miss for me, which is a shame because I think Marcella Bovio is brilliant. She has a very interesting voice and she also has a very captivating stage presence, she has a spunk and attitude that combine with her voice make her a great performer. Just check this out, I fell in love with her when I saw this

Also, as far as I know, Arjen hasn't been involved with them for the past few albums.

^ Yes, the second album is totally almost a new lineup. Arjen was only involved in their debut album and live DVD. I actually liked the first 2 albums than their latest record. I cannot get through in it but maybe I need more time to get on with the songs. But listening to the first song is an instant love for me.

I can say that they're more into Progressive rock side and not too much in symphonic side.

I really like Marcela's voice. I think she fits perfectly with this kind of music.

release-party_2014.jpg

Studio update:

So the drums have been recorded and edited, and they are sounding FANTASTIC. Martijn has grown incredibly the last couple of years to become an even more amazing drummer; he was hitting those drums like there was no tomorrow! We are now busy recording guitars. Most of the tracking we're doing at our place in Tilburg, to then reamp the parts with the amazing equipment at Sandlane Studios. Stephan and Eric are spending their morning hours riffing away and layering their parts into a massive wall of sound. It's great to hear the songs taking shape, and see everything come together!

New album is coming but no title yet.

Yes it's a nice cover since Flame Within. :giggle:

When they had these blanks to guess the album name, I laughed so hard when someone made a comment it was "A Name of New Album".

Nothing, just random. :D

Just stumbled upon The Flame Within and I love it!

What else can I listen from this band?

You can check out their latest album Darker Days! Some good songs are Lost, the scarlet mark, spark and more.

I also love My leader and in the end from their previous albums!

I have the new album already because I contributed to their Indiegogo campaign and we all got the digital downloads yesterday.

The album is fantastic!! I really do love what I'm hearing so far. Marcela's voice is just gorgeous and I love their great mix of heavy, melodic songs, and nice ballads. I can't wait for my package to arrive in the mail :D.

Some video footage from the band's performance from Tilburg In-store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCNg0CRqVnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficeRhpSH7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rvSgsa4j4

Excellent performance! I really like Marcela a lot since I've heard their debut back in few years ago. Definitely one of the most talented woman in metal, and she likes The Gathering a lot too! :)

I'm surprised this band doesn't get more recognition. Marcela's voice is beautiful and fantastic.

The new album is very good. Although I think I still like "Darker Days" a little more.

Hopefully they tour the USA someday. I'd love to see them live :D.

They are amazing!

And so underrated!

My favorites from the new album are: Monster A War Of Our Own, Delirio, Don't Let Go and Distance Between Us  :wub:  :wub:

Very good! I really like both videos for A War of our Own!

Some amazing covers and guest singers on their Winter Evening show:

They are quitting! :(

ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END

April 5, 2016 · martijn
Dear friends and fans,

Over the past eleven years we've had the time of our lives playing in stages all over the world and sharing moments of joy on stage. But all good things come to an end, and we feel it's time to move on and search for new musical challenges. We're proud of everything we've achieved, with your help, and we want to end the band history on a high note instead of losing focus, interest and drive.

Before parting ways as a band we will perform a few goodbye shows; we also want to record a DVD to serve as a memento of the good times we've had. Dates are as follows:

- Aug 26, 2016: Zebra Festival, Gemert (NL)
- Sep 02, 2016: P60, Amstelveen (NL) (DVD recording)
- Sep 07, 2016: ProgPower USA XVII, Atlanta GA (USA)
- Oct 13, 2016: Underworld, London (UK)
- Oct 14, 2016: Bierkeller, Bristol (UK)
- Oct 15, 2016: Classic Grand, Glasgow (UK)
- Oct 16, 2016: Robin 2, Bilston (UK)

We're also looking into adding an extra, final show towards the end of the year; more details to follow.

Once again, we'd like to express our eternal gratitude for the support you've given us all these years. All of us will continue to make music, one way or the other; so we still hope to see you soon on a stage near you.

Thank you for being part of the wonderful adventure that has been Stream of Passion!

Marcela, Johan, Eric, Steve, Jeffrey, Martijn

http://www.streamofpassion.com/news/all-good-things-come-end

Oh no! Just when I thought things were finally working out for them, with the South America tour and the Progpower gig. I will probably try to visit one of their last concerts in the Netherlands. Although I wasn't a huge fan, I have followed them since their beginning and I was blown away by their quality as a live band when I saw them last year. I really hope to keep hearing from Marcela, her voice is so amazing!

Oh no! That's too bad! I was never a huge fan but I do like many of their stuff and I think Marella is great!

We'll miss the band and we'll await Marcela's solo work!