Devious Mischievous

Songs You Are Currently Addicted To!

1,701 posts in this topic

This is a place for the songs you just can't get enough of at the moment. It is preferred if you say why you are addicted to certain songs at the moment instead of just posting a list of songs.

Lately, I can't get enough of "Storytime" by Nightwish. I didn't have high expectations for the new single, but I adore it. I think the reason I'm so addicted to it lately is due to the theme of the lyrics.

It's a Imaginaerum song for myself too, and that's Scaretale. First time I heard it, it hit me in the face like a hammer. Now listening to the album in privacy it still had that feeling about it.

I have to agree with Carol. I can't get enough of Scaretale. That song has so many things that it's impossible to identify all of them with just one listen. Also, I have the feeling that Jack Skellington is coming over every time I listen to it and since Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourite movies, well, it's just great! It's very Tim Burton-ish and that's something I absolutely love. :wub:

I suspect in the coming weeks it'll be something from "Imaginaerum" but at the moment i'm playing a lot of a song called "Just a Lie" from the Pythia album which is coming out early next year.

For me it's Your Song by Elton John.... but that's because I got publicly serenaded ..... haha cheesy :D

I'm kind of addicted to every song on the new album :wub:

If it has to be non-Nightwish though, it's mostly songs from Sonata Arctica's latest album. "Juliet" and "No Dream Can Heal A Broken Heart" are wonderful! :lol:

The chorus to Last Ride of the Day keeps getting stuck in my head. Ever since I obtained Imaginaerum a few of the songs keep randomly popping in my head and I just can't stop listening to them, even though I don't want to get burned out. :wacko:

I don't particularly like the song but I've had Evanescence's "What you want" stuck in my head. I just picture Amy Lee as an extra in a martial arts film shouting "DOWHATCHAWHATCHAWAAAAA" repeatedly. Makes me giggle.

Same here, Last Ride of the Day from Imaginaerum was played quite a lot today.....

In the morning it was I want my tears back. I was very grumpy on the way to work, I've played it twice, started humming and ended at work with a bright mood :)

I'm currently addicted to "I Am The Doctor" from the series 5 Doctor Who soundtrack. It's just so...epic. :wub: I'm still addicted to "Storytime," though! (I haven't listened to anything else from Imaginaerum - my copy should arrive from Finland sometime next week, I hope!)

Oh I LOVE I Am The Doctor, the main theme of the radio play I'm writing the soundtrack for was partly inspired by it :D

"Last Ride of the Day" for me. Fun power metal, and wonderfully written.

Same here, also, "I Want my Tears Back" tends to get lodged in my brain from time to time, not that I'm complaining about that ^_^

Honestly, Imaginaerum's all I've been listening to for a few days. I don't have any non-Nightwish music obsessions at the moment.

Machine Head - Unto the Locust

The chorus is GOODLYYYYYY :wub: DOWN! They come! The swarm of locusts! Skies! Above! Converge to choke us! Feasts! of souls! Consume the harvest!

Still can't turn off from my mp3 player Song Of Myself and Turn Loose The Mermaids. I adore this songs, they are so beautiful :wub:

:wub:

ah ah ah ah ah *has been out of the loop* oh god! I need! I love you Neige. :wub:

[media]

[/media]

Crippled Black Phoenix - Troublemaker. This song is literally perfect in every way possible. Actually their whole I, Vigilante ep is, I wish their other albums were that good. Well, they are all good but this album makes them pale in comparison. IT'S PERFECT.