Devious Mischievous

Songs You Are Currently Addicted To!

1,643 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sophia said:

And it's a relief that you posted a live version and not the very creative offical video. :thankyou:

Ugg that video, I understand it supposed to be symbolic, but no thank you:nea:. I need peoples heads to stay attached to the rest of their bodys, Damien Rice's music video for the song 9 Crimes is another offender (still love the songs though). Anyway Tori's live performances can be really great, some of them end up pretty different than the album version she changes lyrics and arrangements, it's cool.

12 hours ago, silverlining said:

Anyway Tori's live performances can be really great, some of them end up pretty different than the album version she changes lyrics and arrangements, it's cool.

I hardly ever listen to her nowadays, but I liked her live performances always better than the studio albums. A fine example of what you just said is this live version of "Father Lucifer" with excerpts of "Tubular Bells" and "Smalltown Boy" from 1996:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHYOWLy9IFw

She must have played this version more than once on that tour, because it's also to be found on the "Saint and Sinner"-CD (an unofficial release) which was (mostly) recorded at her concert in Berlin in March 1996 (and which became my most-played Tori Amos-CD). 

An recommendable official release with the same "line-up" - she was just accompanied by Steve Caton on guitar on that tour - is the live videocassette "Live From NY" from 1997, which I like much better than the live-DVD  "Welcome to Sunny Florida" which was released 7 years later.

Remember Me - Edenbridge 

Probably addicted to the entire myearthdream album but that song in particular. 

Sentenced---RIP Miika Tenkula

Love this band....playing Everything Is Nothing nonstop......:music:

Ever since the ABBA thread was updated I've had this cover of Summernight City by Therion stuck in my head. I'm kind of over it and would like to stop humming it but won't leave alone...

I was sooo addicted to this a couple of years ago! Now that I've listened to it again... I once again am!

Amorphis - Amongst Stars 

After seeing it on so many peoples album of the year list, I gave in and got it. I'm really glad I did, it's a great album and Anneke makes everything even better IMO. 

Also I'm still stuck on Tori Amos right now.

Tori Amos - Sugar

Tori Amos - Purple People

I have not shared this here...but I'm going to do it now. King's X is one of my favorite bands. Here is just one gem...Cigarettes!

On 1/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, silverlining said:

Amorphis - Amongst Stars 

After seeing it on so many peoples album of the year list, I gave in and got it. I'm really glad I did, it's a great album and Anneke makes everything even better IMO. 

It's somewhat naive in its' simplicity, but absolutely lovely combination of rough and clean vocals with great melody.

Currently addicted to Devin Townsend's Ocean Machine:Live at the Ancient Roman Theater Plovdiv.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:15 AM, geoman286 said:

I have not shared this here...but I'm going to do it now. King's X is one of my favorite bands. Here is just one gem...Cigarettes!

Absolutely love King's X, their first 4 albums were magnificent!

How about this one:

3 hours ago, Essexboyinwales said:

Absolutely love King's X, their first 4 albums were magnificent!

How about this one:

Kings X are also one of my favourite bands!!!!! 

If anyone is actually going to click this, skip to just before 3:20 to hear some of the most awesome metal music I have ever heard from an Asian band. And then to think it's a bunch of pretty girls in white dresses making it! My mind is blown.

Hello Spirit.

I've been busy clearing all kinds of unnecessary (never listening to/doubles etc.) songs from my Music Library and got stuck when I came across these....... 

David Bowie

'Heroes'

'Starman'

'Sound and vision'

I miss social dancing so much! Especially the salsa/latin beats. I should do something about it.

Listening to these songs, while I'm getting prepared for yet another battle against the forces of nature armed with warm clothing and my trusty snow shovel. 

The Gathering - On Most Surfaces

Devin Townsend Project - Winter

Simon & Garfunkel - A Hazy Shade Of Winter

Amorphis - Winter's Sleep

@Harvest

That 4th one is an odd one in that list!:D (I LOVE S & G !!!!)

These are dedicated to your winter struggles.............find the odd one:P

3 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Harvest

That 4th one is an odd one in that list!:D (I LOVE S & G !!!!)

These are dedicated to your winter struggles.............find the odd one:P

Hazy Shade is great song. And I also like that Bangles-cover very much. 

Well, I would have go with that 5th one. Or this is a trick question and you mean Vivaldi?:D

We will fight this winter like the ones before it. Eventually it will end.  I just hope it doesn't snow in April:

Just because......

Alter Bridge...one of my favorite bands....

Myles Kennedy is the lead vocalist who will be touring with Slash featuring Myles and the Conspirators.

The tour will hit Copenhell....I'm ready!  Can't wait! :dwarf: