Devious Mischievous

Songs You Are Currently Addicted To!

1,689 posts in this topic

I think no further explanations are needed for this one on a Nightwish-Forum :) 

Usually, I'm not a big fan of instrumentals, but I really like this one:

Roger Waters - The tide is turning

Roger Waters - Sexual revolution

Roger Waters - Who needs infor mation?

I'm back to Bon Jovi these days ♥ :

My favourite Police songs;

´Can´t stand losing you´

´The bed´s too big without you´

´Spirits in the material world´

The Wounded and their album ´Atlantic´.

So underrated and not widely  known. And yes, from the darkest and deepest forests of the NL. 3 LONG songs from that album;

´Atlantic´

´Northern lights´

´We are darker´

Since it's going to be the last round in Finnish League, game seven of best-of-seven final series:

Going the Distance - Bill Conti

Since yesterday :

And no It's not a song about me :laugh:

I have a curious mixture of four songs playing in my head the last few days. Mostly, it's the Eagle Eye Version from The Brightest Void, then we have The Everones and Dream Machines from Seventh Wonder's last album Tiara and a Christmas (!) song, Mitt Hjerte Altid Vanker. 

Eagle Eye has grown on me lately. I didn't like it at first and often skipped it, but now I love it, especially the chorus.

I have to say that I love this. I don't care whether is a Christmas song. I can listen to it all year. It's a typical Christmas song either way. It's a bit dark, due to the choir using their lower range a lot. I love the performance, the arrangement, the guitar solo, everything. My only regret is that the alto parts are difficult to hear. There's some weird stuff going on in the alto parts that really add to the song. Otherwise it's perfect. We sang this song for Christmas last year, and it was by far my favourite song. From the first time we rehearsed it, it was stuck in my head. We rehearsed the ending first, and it's so catchy. 

5 hours ago, The Name Of The Wind said:

[...]

I have to say that I love this. I don't care whether is a Christmas song. I can listen to it all year. It's a typical Christmas song either way. It's a bit dark, due to the choir using their lower range a lot. I love the performance, the arrangement, the guitar solo, everything. My only regret is that the alto parts are difficult to hear. There's some weird stuff going on in the alto parts that really add to the song. Otherwise it's perfect. We sang this song for Christmas last year, and it was by far my favourite song. From the first time we rehearsed it, it was stuck in my head. We rehearsed the ending first, and it's so catchy. 

This is nice! I think I hear a bit of "God rest ye merry gentlemen" in the middle part, and it also reminded me of Limu Lima by Swedish a cappella folk group Kongero from their album Kom (I can highly recommend this album if you're the type to enjoy a cappella Swedish folk music! The harmonies make me cry and I'm not even a singer).

The ending reminds me of an African spiritual but I can't place it at the moment. Very nice - must have been fun to sing!

17 hours ago, Figment-of-me said:

This is nice! I think I hear a bit of "God rest ye merry gentlemen" in the middle part, and it also reminded me of Limu Lima by Swedish a cappella folk group Kongero from their album Kom (I can highly recommend this album if you're the type to enjoy a cappella Swedish folk music! The harmonies make me cry and I'm not even a singer).

The ending reminds me of an African spiritual but I can't place it at the moment. Very nice - must have been fun to sing!

It really was fun to sing. Definitely my favourite song out of those we have sung so far. I listened to the song you linked, and I can definitely hear the similarities. That being said, our version was a bit different from the version I linked. We sung it in Danish  instead of Norwegian (the difference is tiny though. Basically the pronounciation and a few words are different), and the alto and bass were more clear instead of in the background. I really liked that, since it gave the song more layers. Especially during the ending. Each group's aiaia is a bit different. In the recording, you can barely the tenor or bass parts. Also, I liked our solo singer more. He sings bass, can sound very bright though and has a very powerful voice. He can almost overpower the entire choir without a microphone. 

Yann Tiersen - 'Sur le fil' from 'Amelie'.

Vangelis - 'The will of the wind' from 'Direct'

'Metallic rain' from the same album.

Jean-Michel Jarre - 'Equinoxe part 2'

Sky - 'Dance of the little fairies'

Sky - 'Vivaldi'

This is so creepy and also so cool and powerful. Gives me goosebumps.

And by the way, was I the only one who thought the main idea behind Delain's Masters of Destiny, both musically and visually, was very similar to this? 

5 hours ago, Sophia said:

This is so creepy and also so cool and powerful. Gives me goosebumps.

Very nice! I've known winters that felt like like this both physically and metaphorically... :ermm:

"Creepy" isn't how I'd describe it. Maybe moody or atmospheric? Although I did feel a bit of "is this the world your children will inherit?" vibe...

The mix is interesting. Dry sound on the piano with a warmer vocal sound and the backing orchestrals and band somewhere closer to the middle. It makes her voice more prominent in that warm alto range.

This is the lady from Dead can Dance? Always enjoyed their stuff. The little First Nations/Sami sounding part was a nice touch.

This song is called ´De zee trekt zich terug´. Which translates to ´The sea is retreating´. It´s about the relation that the Dutch have with the North Sea, both bad and good. Most images are from the disaster in 1953, when a combination of extreme high tides and ferocious storms broke a lot of dikes in the province of Zeeland and almost 2000 people died. It´s a bit of a national trauma (happened just after a devastating WW2) and it was also the start of an almighty plan to protect this area with all kinds of gigantic sea defences.  

Libethra is the band´s name.

Tonight's mood:

Reminded me of two older recurring obsessions of mine:

And this is also stuck in my head:

Good old Inner Circle with 'Mary, Mary'

And ELO with 'Mr. Blue sky'' 

Then this golden oldie.............:giggle:

I really enjoy the Blackbriar that is being shared on here! Their music sounds like old Within Temptation...which I do love.

On a constant repeat since Monday. 

I need help

Back to Breaking Benjamin again :music:

Four good Dutch bands with top notch songs from their early days...........delicious!!!

I keep turning back and again to these songs......

Drive Like Maria - 'Howl'

DeWolff - 'Don't you go up the sky'

The Wounded - 'The art of grief'

The Dreamside - 'Sternenkind'