*Dandelion*

Tarja Turunen pt. II

2,467 posts in this topic

Interesting... I don't particularly like 500 Letters but I would be very interested in a Mystique Voyage video. That would be fabulous.

Anyway as I was saying the last thread: does anyone know if there'll be a 320/lossless version of the 128kbps bonus track downloads? In this day and age, at least 320 please! 

Also Tarja posted some cute baby photos of herself on her Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/tarjaofficial?hc_location=timeline)!:

1240274_616382095049411_1038220712_n.jpg

1240646_616717528349201_1918490651_n.jpg

It would be awesome if they played WT's new single at mfvf since Sharon will already be there! Of course the rest of the band won't but well... :P

Omg that's Doug! Lol @ 4.20 they look like they're having a lot of fun. Anyway...

Within Temptation is joining forces with Tarja for their new single "Paradise (What About Us?)" --- 27/09/2013 is the release date. This is like a dream come true. NT, Nightwish, and Evanescence were like my holy grail of music when I was younger and I never suspected they'd ever overlap. This will be a good song!

Link removed as the video has already been posted and discussed in the Within Temptation topic. - Dandelion

Until Silence Live... OMG, this sounds so BEAUTIFUL!!! 

500 Letters Live 

Splendid! Until Silence live version sounds much more vivid. BTW, what's up with those eyes glasses? They made her look a bit older don't they ? :P 

My Spanish is lousy, but didn't she say leccion, i.e. something about reading - Sahara, anyone? - perhaps she couldn't read the notes/lyrics without glasses.

If you're talking about 500 Letters, she said: ''It kills me...my choice is... aahh'' and then she started to play the song ... I think she was a little nervous to play a song dedicated to her obssesive fans and in front her fans XD 

And in Until Silence she said: ''Like a teacher'' and she wore the glasses 

I meant 500 letters.  Ah, she said mi eleccion es...? I thought I heard mi leccion es...  Bueno, as I said my Spanish is lousy. :)

Edit: Perhaps I could say somethign about her music as well while I'm at it. I find the new album a huge improvement. Tarja never was so big for me, I actually don't much care for her voice, I sometimes even find it quite annoying, and she'd use a good song writer.

But now she seems to be finding her groove, some of the new songs are interesting enough that I seem to be coming back to them every now and then. 500 letters in fact is one of the better ones, imho.

Wow, these songs sound vocally even better than on album. And i'm absolutely in love with this dark wanna-poop-your-pants chest voice she's pulling out in verses of 500 Letters. It's obvious she can handle such sound only in the very deepest notes. I just wish she would compose some helluva deep song where she could sing like that all throughout (something similar to what she did on Darkness, just without all the effects). 

The whole thing with the interview 

She is in such a good mood, specially when talking about Nightwish. Not to be sarcastic or anything, but it's such a contrast from the way Anette is handling Nw stuff. But ok, that's a little offtopic. 

Is the new album any good? I haven't got around to it. I enjoyed her first two outings, especially MWS, which was beautiful in so many ways! The second one was decent, but a bit underwhelming.

^ The new album is beyond beautiful, you have to listen to it, you won't be disappointed, Tarja grew up A LOT as an artist. 

The new album is really great.  I think that each release from Tarja has been better than the last.  My personal favourite tracks are Victim of Ritual, Lucid Dreamer (the chorus never fails to give me shivers), Neverlight and Medusa.

Regarding the new single, I'm not a huge fan of 500 Letters, but I don't think it's actually bad. 

Those videos made me want an acoustic DVD from her!The new album is quite good,I loved her cover of Peter Gabriel and some other songs.
I think this is the only album that I can say that would made me a fan if I have listened and never heard of her before.The other ones I only had interest because I already knew her as an artist, they have good songs but this one is much,much better.
And the booklet is really gorgeous.

Honestly, Axisbold, both this album and What Lies Beneath would have made me a fan if I didn't already know her from Nightwish, but My Winter Storm wouldn't have (even though it has a few of my favourite songs from her, like Oasis and Our Great Divide).  I am glad Tarja is doing what she wants and finding success.  And, whatever people thought about Marcelo, she is clearly very happy with him and their baby.  

When I see people on YouTube still crying for Tarja to return to Nightwish, I wonder if they ask themselves for even a second if that would make Tarja happy.

^ of course not. I'm honestly very happy to know that Tarja feels good in her actual situation (I was happy abouyt this even when I was very unhappy with her music) and NW are happy with Floor, and I hope they stay happy following their own paths.