*Dandelion*

Tarja Turunen pt. II

2,467 posts in this topic

Yeah, she's clearly happy now. I don't get it, why people waste time crying for Tarja to return Nightwish, after 8 years.  

I accidentally found this interesting info on Tarja almost appearing on The Kovenant album:

http://my.opera.com/blackdoordimension/blog/useless-facts-you-didnt-know-about-the-k

-Tarja from Nightwish was supposed to be the female vocalist on Nexus Polaris, but she answered too late. She said yes after the record was completed...

Damn, she should've checked her email more often back in those days... ;p

Duh, I guess that would be Marcelo slowpoking? I guess that it's the manager who handle that kind of stuff, isn't it?

That album was released in 1998, so I guess you can't blame Marcelo on that one, lol. What an irony, an aspiring software developer not checking her email regularly. :P

Oh I didn't read carefully XD Uh well I think she's excused then, I wasn't that used to checking my emails regularly either, before I started to work as a freelancer.

She announced her band for the coulours in the road tour: it's the same onlly with a different bass player  (Anna Portalupi)

Thanks sahara, too bad I can't understand everything though some of the words are familiar with me. Any Spanish friends can translate or put an English transcript? The transcript was also written in Spanish language, I think. 

To cut it short, in the interview she is talking about NW. She says that she doesn't mind if people are asking her about NW because many years have passed since the split and even if everybody is asking if she'll ever return in NW she's always answering "no" because she's not interested in doing this. Also she's grateful for their work together, that helped her in her career because "Without NW I would not be here in front of you talking about all this". Then she's saying  that back in the day, at the very beginning she was somehow into rock music thanks to her older brother who was listening to Whitesnake, Kiss and Wasp, but not into heavy and that after all the NW idea was meant to be an acoustic project but when the boys noticed her powerful voice and since they all were into the heavy business they suggested her to experiment a little bit. And then it went very fast 'cause their first gig was in the village and their second was in Helsinki and they were all utterly nervous, almost throwing-up-nervous. For here stage clothes she went to a sexshop with her mother since they were living in such a small village and she did not knew where to get some metal-outfits. And her parents always went to see her at the gigs and always were there for her during the time she was in the band, and they always trusted her since she did not quit her studies.

Hmmmmm... that's about it... she's on a diet and now since she has a baby it's much more difficult to travel for the gigs...blabla...

There you go! :dwarf:

Wow thanks for the snippet, Gaia88!!! Cool!

Sex shop? Seriously? :o

That was know already :D But where else would they find leather trousers in a small town? :P

Wow ! Very beautiful, even her lower notes are very clean and have good resonance  :wub:

heres also Until my last breath, Until Silence, 500 Letters and I walk alone!

She sounds so clear, especially on 500 letters,she sings it very aweseome! i really like her low notes

Well her lowest notes are still a little bit shaky, you can hear she's not totally confortable with them, but as she's soprano that's normal ^^

I think that she uses them really well, it brings emotion to the songs.

I was not a big fan of Tarja's live vocals in the past (Nightwish era) and in my opinion she improved so much in the last years, now her performances are awesome !

it is so nice of her to mention about her past experience with the band in a graceful way, many years have past and she can look back at it and smile, that is a good thing :D thanks for the summary Gaia, and I will have to listen to the songs later with a stronger connection on my pc, that will be awesome

Oh my, that's a beautiful recording! Also the same user posted another video for an Until My Last Breath acoustic recording that is of decent quality. Also since we are talking of videos... a YouTuber by the name of sleepwalllker (3 L's) posts some very nice HD videos of Tarja performing live. My favourite is Witch Hunt on that channel.

Wow thanks for the snippet, Gaia88!!! Cool!

Sex shop? Seriously? :o

That was know already :D But where else would they find leather trousers in a small town? :P

Oh yeah I think you're right. I just can't hardly imagine Tarja during her early years going there. :D

And also I have a "greener mind" so you know.. I might have thought of something. But nah, at least you made the right point. 

Wow ! Very beautiful, even her lower notes are very clean and have good resonance  :wub:

She sounds so clear, especially on 500 letters,she sings it very aweseome! i really like her low notes

I Agree! :D Her low notes are lovely. One of the things that bugs me about Tarja, and the main thing that keeps her on my "iffy" list for artists is how overblown she tends to be. Hearing her singing so simply (and LOWER! :D ) is really nice. :)

Also, I love the new album! :D I'm so excited by that, since I genuinely like the whole thing rather than just picking a handful of songs I like the way I have on her previous albums. :music:

Acoustic versions are really nice. Tarja+piano(keyboard) and her voice and you don't need anything else ;). Another fresh interview with Tarja about new album :)

p.s Anyone hear pink floyd inflences in "Lucid Dreamer"?

I loved that interview with Tarja!!! Who knew her spanish was soooo good? She is so cute when she speaks spanish, and she seems really happy!!! And the acoustic versions are soooo good!! Wish she played some acoustic versions in her upcoming tour

Haha, what the hell happened at 15:24?! :P

It seems that she's decided to realize all of the genre's fans' dreams in just one autumn; collaboration with WT, now with Floor... Ok who's next? Anneke? :D