revamp

After Forever

386 posts in this topic

After Forever rehearsal before their concert on Bilbao (Spain). This user has some great and curious videos of the show

On April 15, 2019 at 5:12 AM, L_Alpenglow said:

After Forever rehearsal before their concert on Bilbao (Spain). This user has some great and curious videos of the show

Ok, this is just unfair! How am I supposed to get any sleep tonight!? :dunno:

13 minutes ago, NighttimeBird said:

MaYaN is still keeping After Forever music alive :)

Good job!!! :D

On 2/19/2019 at 8:27 PM, Symphoniker said:

Uhhh...As far as I know, Sander gave all AF rights to Amanda Somerville. So, there was no chance of Floor going on with that name. 

I don't think that this is true (although it would seem that Amanda had had a "stake" in the fate of AF). The After Forever trademark still seems to be registered on Sander. I'm copying the excerpt from the Benelux trademark register for your info below. Interestingly, the trademark seems to have been renewed in 2012. I think that this also answers the question why Floor would not have been able to carry on with AF on her own back in the days. While Transmission obviously seems to own the rights to the albums before the self-titled album, I wonder if they could have released the remastered versions without his consent - probably not, but this is speculation on my end.

Registration number

Number, date and time of the filing

1008777 / 08-04-2002 , 10.00
Expiration date

08-04-2022
Name and address of the holder

Gommans Sander
Pastoor Vranckenlaan 11
5953 CM Reuver,
Nederland
Word mark

AFTER FOREVER
Class numbers and list of goods and services

Kl 41 Organiseren en uitvoeren van muzikale optredens.
Class numbers (00 = to)

Publication date of the registration

01-05-2003
Publication date of the renewal

02-04-2012
Status

Merk ingeschreven

1 hour ago, L_Alpenglow said:

The growls in this version are a little weird lol :P

Agree!

This compilation entitled Eccentric was released today under the name "After Forever feat. Floor Jansen". Probably by the same record label that put out The Session compilation series a few years ago. It bothers me that they just released it in 2019, the moment where Floor is being recognized in the Netherlands and like if she was a guest singer in AF. Floor also mentioned in a comment on Instagram that she had no word on this release once again. Such a pity that those people are still making money on the success of someone else. I wonder if Sander is okay with this.

0ae39f5d3bd4357b05fd3c067df8dd6319e2a410

16 hours ago, GhostHell said:

Floor also mentioned in a comment on Instagram that she had no word on this release once again.

Good. They don't deserve any kind of promotion if they're making business with her music without her consent.