3. Dreamflight
  4. De-Energized
  5. Transitory
  6. Only Everything
  7. Face Your Demons
  8. Forlorn Hope
  9. Black Tomb
  10. Follow in the cry

I really can't decide on a top ten really, choosing favorites in already fantastic music seems impossible to me.

I did, however, find this very high quality Dreamflight. Audio is stellar, but the video (in my experience) a couple frames slow.

I still think Floor's classical voice is rather nice.

I love all albums and I can't really choose which is my top ten.

But I really loved Evoke

Its a all rounder powerful song.. so does De-Energized but De-Energized is more destructive.

and really really love Leaden legacy. and this and that so I cannot make my mind up LOL

^ Hahaha, let's fill the top 10 as "ALL SONGS" as a solution. I made my top 10 pick since I consider them as "all-time".

LOL, making my top 10 was hard! It took me a while to narrow it down. But, I really do love all of AF.

Agree! Too bad they parted ways.. Here's to hoping that someday, they will do like a one-night-only reunion show. :giggle:

I've got a question, where have you guys gone to buy the After Forever albums? I mainly get my music from Itunes and only After Forever/After Forever is the only album in there. Is there another reliable place to get the prior albums, more importantly, the physical cds?

I bought all the albums at regular and online stores when they were still widely available. I never buy digital music since that doesn't feel like I own them, the soundquality is worse and I hate iTunes. :diablo:

I think all pre After Forever (the album) albums are released on the label Transmission Records. That label went bankrubt, but I think they "came" back and did the Prison Of Desire re-release without the bands permission and while the label still didn't pay them for the Remagine album. Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere years after the band disbanded that because of the lack of support of that label, the not paying and weird copyright to After Forever songs again due to that label resulted in no After Forever dvd and so much frustration that the band disbanded.

Some Dutch stores do still sell all the albums though. 

By the way I hate my After Forever digipack album with the cardboard cd slide. All cd's that have that package style get scratches and even my After Forever cd has hickups because of that on some cd players.  :(

^ @RvdH: your profile pic is awesome, could you please share it with me?, it's the first time I see it. 

^ @RvdH: your profile pic is awesome, could you please share it with me?, it's the first time I see it. 

Hello Sahara,

This is the direct link I took it from http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1Rxqp1TZ8Yg/TezwhA6O2II/AAAAAAAABEk/5CZvFc7Pprw/s1600/1286594037175_f.jpg and this is the link to the Floor blog http://rockandglamour.blogspot.nl/2011/06/floor-jansen-style.html

It's a shame to hear that distribution is scarce, I really want to collect the complete discography. Perhaps I can hunt them all down on Ebay or something. Being able to hear all their music on Youtube is a real tease!

^ Living in the US, I had to find mine online when I got into AF a few years ago. Even "After Forever" was hard to find in store, but that's the only one I do see, when I see releases.

Ebay is a great place to look, so is Amazon, especially if you don't want re-releases and want to find an original release. I even got some singles off of there. I don't really collect AF stuff, but I wanted the bonus track on the "Energize Me" single, and I found a promo of Discord signed by Floor, so I had to get that one! lol

Nothing do be bragged about, but I did spend a lot of time searching and money to get hold of those albums.  The easiest was obviously self-titled album 'After Forever', the rest of them was not easy especially  'Prison of Desire' re-release version which Sander told us not to buy and download it instead. 

Apart from the singles, I have manage to own most of the albums :)

I loved all songs. If I were to pick ten of them (No particular order) it will be

1. Leaden Legacy

2. Only Everything

3. Follow in the cry

4. Evoke

5. De-Energized

6. Eccentric

7. Intrinsic

8.Forlorn hope

9.Monolith of Doubt

10.Dreamflight

11.Cry with a amile

12.Sins of Idealism

...................................... I think I better stop here LOL

@Spirit of Whitesun: I got the self-titled album thru iTunes years ago. To be honest, I can only afford these downloads since ordering a CD costs a lot plus the shipping costs to our country is insanely pricey! Like almost $55 for just shipping cost.

A friend of mine (who also introduced me to Nightwish) got second handed CDs of Prison of Desire and Decipher, which he got through online either Amazon or Ebay. Unfortunately, he got a slightly damaged Decipher CD but he already paid it so he have no choice to bring it back. Sooner, he tried his best to buy "original/not been used" AF cds but he cannot find any, most of them are used by other people, so he just bought it. Luckily, the singles and other albums he bought are way better than his first attempt of buying them. He told me that I can just copy it 'cause I cannot buy them anywhere which is in good condition.

The first After Forever album that I bought was Prison Of Desire on 13 August 2001. On the same day I also bought Tristania their album Beyond The Veil and The Sins Of Thy Beloved their album Perpetual Desolation. I used to write down the date of a purchased cd. I used to do it on paper and later on PC, but lost all my PC data when the harddisk died on me. 

Wow, it is rather interesting to hear all of your stories on getting these uncommon treasures! :)  

In that, it would certainly be sweeter to have them, knowing that one day there will not be any more.

That video is awesome, but really, the entire Red Limo concert is awesome. It's real shame that wasen't on a DVD. As a matter of fact, it's a crying shame that After Forever never had a DVD. The closest thing that actually had all the members was the Live At Pinkpop 2004 tv rip, the audio was somewhat lacking and there were hiccups in the transmission.

Yup too bad they don't have any DVDs or any live releases. Transmission records (their former label) has very limited capabilities like the advertising and poor marketing strategy in my opinion, that's why Epica left and signed to NB, then followed by AF; and sooner it went bankrupt. The copyright has been an issue as well for two bands before, I'm not sure if they have the same stuff until now.

I only saw After Forever live one time at my local free festival. I remember there was a problem with the electricity because a part of the concert was in the dark. In those days gothic / symphonic metal was starting to get so popular that besides the mainly pop music the festival had 1 metal band per edition for a few years in a row like besides After Forever also Epica, Autumn, Orphanage and Within Temptation. Most bands only still had 1 or 2 albums to play, so they were kinda at the start of their career.

I bought all the albums at regular and online stores when they were still widely available. I never buy digital music since that doesn't feel like I own them, the soundquality is worse and I hate iTunes. :diablo:

I think all pre After Forever (the album) albums are released on the label Transmission Records. That label went bankrubt, but I think they "came" back and did the Prison Of Desire re-release without the bands permission and while the label still didn't pay them for the Remagine album. Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere years after the band disbanded that because of the lack of support of that label, the not paying and weird copyright to After Forever songs again due to that label resulted in no After Forever dvd and so much frustration that the band disbanded.

Some Dutch stores do still sell all the albums though. 

By the way I hate my After Forever digipack album with the cardboard cd slide. All cd's that have that package style get scratches and even my After Forever cd has hickups because of that on some cd players.  :(

I had to go back to this post because I have decided to go forward in getting the actual cds. The main reason is that you mention having the actual cds would have the best quality compared to the mp3 versions.

On that note, I had gone to Amazon and found that all the albums are there. One thing I noticed is that someone mentioned that Remagine was DRM protected on the version they purchased. I'm supposing having that version would stop me from getting it onto my Ipod. Do any of you know which discs are DRM and which ones aren't? It would be a shame to get the whole discography and some of it being limited in such a way.

I wish they never broke up I had hard time when they did that  because I truly was big fan . and really what was breaking for me is that I  haven't' seen them live at stage yet . my pledge of allegiance was always rocking hell when they perform it . My all time favorite song of AF for me it would be The Key and for the time being    

I had to go back to this post because I have decided to go forward in getting the actual cds. The main reason is that you mention having the actual cds would have the best quality compared to the mp3 versions.

On that note, I had gone to Amazon and found that all the albums are there. One thing I noticed is that someone mentioned that Remagine was DRM protected on the version they purchased. I'm supposing having that version would stop me from getting it onto my Ipod. Do any of you know which discs are DRM and which ones aren't? It would be a shame to get the whole discography and some of it being limited in such a way.

Only the Remagine cd says it is copy controlled, but I still can rip it on my pc with ease. The others albums I could also rip.