revamp

After Forever

373 posts in this topic

Thanks for the assurance. I also found that there is some software about that can ignore DRM stuffs, but it's nice to hear that it would not be needed in this case. I cannot express how exciting it will be when I finally have the entire discography on my ipod.  :wub:

Have any of you seen these gems? It's the Remagine Documentary!

http://youtu.be/Ys7hlqmwQ7g

http://youtu.be/iVEOFbuvrg4

http://youtu.be/i0efg7Wvvik

I have it as a bonus dvd on my version of Remagine. It is nice to watch. :D

On my dvd there is also the option to turn on English subtitles.

Apparently Sander has had a YT channel for a while now. There is a ton of studio sessions for AF and some insight on his HDK project. 

I'm not going to post all the videos from it but here's two notable ones, both really flesh out AF behind the scenes:

Seeing everyone having such a great time and generally being super-cool in the first place is really heart warming. I didn't know this, but Floor and Sander were once a couple some time back then. Looking at the awesome times they were having in the videos and the magical stage dynamic they had makes me a bit sad things didn't work out for them and the band shortly after.

I was so sad when they split up. But obviously, everything happens for a reason  ;)

My top 10 songs:

1) Monolith of Doubt

2) Discord

3) Beautiful Emptiness

4) Envision

5) Equaly Destructive

6) Emphasis

7) The Key

8) Estranged

9) My Choice

10) Leaden Legacy

Hey those are really great videos!I didn't know that Sander had a YT account, neither a FB that I just found out as well hehe.
It kills me to see the South American tour video, knowing that I couldn't go to any of their shows in Brazil.People really praised them here at the time  :I 
Thanks for sharing!

It was a long time since the I've listened IC... Need I say how much I love this album and how much I'm mad there's no DVD of it?

Just listen to them - the stellar songwritting, the time changes, the playing, the vocals... everything is at insane high level.

Thanks for those videos from Sander's YouTube, will definitely check them out later.

Top ten AF songs:

Monolith of Doubt

Transitory

Between Love and Fire

Sins of Idealism

Withering Time

Estranged

Beneath

Leaden Legacy

Living Shields

Beautiful Emptiness

Too bad it's the radio edit. I didn't know that the full song was the way it was because this video was the first version I saw.

What amazes me is that I only discovered the Digital Deceit video only a month ago.

http://youtu.be/vQexXgxWavo

It's a bit awkward, but the effects were really cool, especially when there were multiple Floor(s) in a single shot moving independently.

---

My top 10:

1.) Line of Thoughts / Beneath

2.) Invisible Circles (album) - Taking apart a concept album is wrong because it's one big song.

3.) Free of Doubt

4.) Only Everything 

5.) Envision

6.) Living Shields

7.) Strong

8.) Dreamflight

9.) Transitory

10.) Glorifying Means

*) (Outro for List)  Taste The Day

Remagine is my favorite album if you can't tell. I don't mess with Mark Jansen AF, I only like Monolith of Doubt so far.

^ Awesome interview, i'm still reading it, lol.

Haha, it looks like I sort of 'lead' this topic nowdays.

I found this rare music video of My Choice and I love it. Look at that wonderful outfit of hers, it's my favorite one for sure.

This video is a little awkward, but that is what makes it awesome.

---

Is it just me, or does it seem that The Floor Thread is a giant catch all between three bands? I feel as though I should post this there too.

I haven't seen that video in a while. The video and the making of are on the dvd side of the Exordium EP. I should watch the dvd again.  :)

About the Floor thread. She does have various musical projects that wouldn't fit in a Nightwish, Revamp or After Forever topic. And an After Forever video is not just Floor it's about After Forever as a band.

I really miss this band! I must say, one of the only times in my life I've truly been sad to see a band break up.

It's hard to pick just a top 10 favorite songs, but 'Decipher' is definitely my favorite album overall.

Wow, is it really Amanda Somerville singing ? I really didn't recognize her voice until her name appeared O.O

I was not aware of this project, and since I love Amanda and this sounds like my type of music, I'm so happy you made me discover, thank you *___* *runs to listen to HBK last album*

Yes I loved the first HDK, it seems this new one will be "Less-heavy" the first one was extremely heavy.

Sander and Amanda are engaged.

At the suggestion of most of you here, I got my first After Forever record Decipher yesterday. Listened to it all day today. Floor Jansen truly is more powerful than Simone Simons. Decipher is as good as Epica's DYU or DC. Still love Epica though.

At the suggestion of most of you here, I got my first After Forever record Decipher yesterday. Listened to it all day today. Floor Jansen truly is more powerful than Simone Simons. Decipher is as good as Epica's DYU or DC. Still love Epica though.

I love Decipher , such a powerful album, her vocals are amazing in that one, and yes, her vocals are way more powerful than Simone's

You could also try Remagine or self-titled After Forever. Much better than Decipher, IMO.

Decipher is as good as Epica's DYU or DC.

No wonder you liked it - after all this was the last album with Mark Jansen. After that he formed Epica and recorded more polished and less atmospheric version of it. :P

But my advice is to listen the records from Exordium to After Forever - they are way more complex and experimental.