Devious Mischievous

Concerts You're Going To Attend Or Have Been To Recently

166 posts in this topic

The only concert currently in the planning for me is:

10.12.2016: Delain, Paradiso, Amsterdam.

Including all the guest artists etc that will appear there <3

So jealous of you guys, so many concerts to enjoy! What I'd give to be there in Europe.

So far this year:

- Iron Maiden (March)

- The Gentle Storm (April)

- Avantasia (April)

- Kamelot (June)

- Maximus Fest* (September)

*From all the bands in that one I did enjoy a lot: Steave and Seagulls, Hellyeah, Halestorm, Bullet for My Valentine, Disturbed, Marylin Manson, Rammstein

Next ones:

- Aerosmith (October)

- Black Sabbath (December)

I'm getting tired of travelling to Buenos Aires for every single concert, I think I'm just going to keep on supporting local bands and save some money instead :laugh:

Coming:

Kobra & The Lotus, Fear of Domination, Whispered, Whorion

Ne Obliviscaris

Profane Omen

Russian Circles

Katatonia, Agent Fresco, Vola

Johanna Kurkela

Satan

Inquisition, Korgonthurus

Pain, Turmion Kätilöt, King Satan

Baptism, Thyrane, Vorum

Alcest & Mono

The Gentle Storm

Maybe:

Kvelertak

Powerwolf

I have already seen Dark Tranquillity, Starkill, Enforcer, and Sallow the Sun this past sunday. This firday I will see Sonata Arctica, Leaves Eyes, and Omnium Gatherum. Next April I will be seeing Delain and Hammerfall.

*blows the dust of this thread*

Feels like no one in this forum has been to any gigs in the almost past three years. ;) Yesterday I saw Battle Beast & Arion live. First show the European tour. Wondering why they called it that because the have already played four shows in Finland before the one in Bielefeld yesterday. Anyway, it was amazing. You can think what you want about the latest Battle Beast album but they are an amazing live band. They even played this Endless Summer track live, the audience seemed to like it anway. I also liked the support band Arion a lot, even had a short chat with the guys after the concert. Really cool people. Next planned concert I'm going to attend will be Epica in autumn. Already looking forward to that a lot.

oh yeah why did this topic die?

I'm (probably) seeing Loreena Mckennitt in June and Dead Can Dance a week later. Last time I saw DCD it was a wonderful night so can't wait! Nothing else planned for now, but I'm hoping for sth metallish in the next year.

I saw Cradle of Filth on the 11th of March after winning free tickets from a MetalSucks.net contest, so that was pretty fun.  I didn't expect to win anything, but lo and behold.  I arrived at the venue fairly late, so I only saw Wednesday 13 play one song...which is fine since I don't like them.  I didn't like the other opening act either (Raven Black) so I don't regret anything. :P

I have these next ones planned:
The Movielife w/Travis Shettel - April 5th
The Bouncing Souls w/The Bronx - May 7th
Coheed and Cambria w/Mastodon and Every Time I Die - June 23rd

After all the concerts I've attended during the summer festivals in Germany, I decided to take a little break. So, this year has been only so far:

- Bush (February)

But coming up next:

- Vuur/Delain (May)

- Avantasia (May)

- Epica (October)

I was going to buy my tickets for Iron Maiden in October, but if everything goes right and I finally get my tickets for Rock In Rio, I'll be travelling to Brasil to check some bands that month.

This year:

Cellar Darling (last month, Cardiff) - just unbelievably good!

Take That (May, O2 London) - no mirth please, I am sooo looking forward to this, as I am going with my wife and 2 daughters (16 and 13) and sister, and so it will be an amazing family night!  They are a brilliant pop band and their shows are supposed to be stunning. I can see it being very emotional.  My wife is just under 2 years since breast cancer diagnosis, has been through hell and back (currently fighting fit, I am glad to say) and some of their songs are going to hit the spot I know...

IQ (September, London) - my favourite band, British prog at it's best, and a new album launch show!

King's X (September, Cardiff) - one of my fave bands from the late '80s/early '90s, and I haven't seen them since then!  Their first gig in Wales, I believe....

Marillion (November, Cardiff) - another of my favourites, and in the wonderful St. David's Hall, will be amazing

Devin Townsend (December, Cardiff) - student's union of my workplace (Cardiff Uni), so will be heading in after work!  Earplugs definitely required, and if he can reproduce the new album on stage then it will be a magical night...

That, for me, is a very good gigging year:music:

I saw Luka Bloom on the 6/3. Hadn't seen him since his first set at Bluesfest in 2005 (had to choose between him and another band I wanted to see that had a set on a different stage at the same time... and the other band were only playing that set).  

Can't believe I haven't listened to his stuff more often in the last few years... guess that's what happens when you're busy with kids and uni :lol:

This is one of the songs he played on the night (and one of my favourites)

On 4/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Essexboyinwales said:

Take That (May, O2 London) - no mirth please, I am sooo looking forward to this, as I am going with my wife and 2 daughters (16 and 13) and sister, and so it will be an amazing family night!  They are a brilliant pop band and their shows are supposed to be stunning. I can see it being very emotional.  My wife is just under 2 years since breast cancer diagnosis, has been through hell and back (currently fighting fit, I am glad to say) and some of their songs are going to hit the spot I know...

Where do I start with this?  How about the fact that I was almost certainly the only person in The O2 wearing a Nightwish T-shirt....

Well they just blew me away!  Without doubt one of the best gigs I've ever been to.  For the performance, the energy, the stage show, the screen, the massive pacman/globe thing, the choir, the band, thesongs.  And the crowd!  It was just such a fantastic feelgood party.

Just frickin awesome:music:

Well, I can add these to my list:

Social Distortion/Flogging Molly - September 22nd
Clutch/Red Fang - October 13th

Rammstein in Vienna on August 23rd

Maybe:

As I Lay Dying in Munich October 5th

Machine Head in Munich October 15th

I'm going to see Bon Jovi this month at Wembley. Yay, I can't wait! :clap:

So I saw Bon Jovi this weekend at Wembley, and it was so amazing!! We got pretty good spots around the 5th row behind the golden circle.

Although they had the big screens and effects on it, it was not a show dominated by pyros and confetti and all that, it was a "simple" rock concert and it was GREAT! :good: 

Oh, and it was also fun waiting in line to get to the tube... :laugh:

(not my videos)