Nocturna

What are you watching?

579 posts in this topic

I gave another try to Black Mirror recently (I gave up on it for a while after I saw the first ep), I watched a couple of random episodes now. It's built around ideas I find really interesting, but from what I've seen I often disliked/cringed at the way those ideas were depicted...

These days I binge-watched The Haunting Of Hill House. I loved it! Classic ghost-story, great characters, great cast, great acting, great directing. It's a very well done show, it deserves some awards if you ask me! (I read many comments about how scary it is, but it was around just the right amount of creepy for a horror show for me.)

2 hours ago, Sophia said:

I gave another try to Black Mirror recently (I gave up on it for a while after I saw the first ep), I watched a couple of random episodes now. It's built around ideas I find really interesting, but from what I've seen I often disliked/cringed at the way those ideas were depicted...

These days I binge-watched The Haunting Of Hill House. I loved it! Classic ghost-story, great characters, great cast, great acting, great directing. It's a very well done show, it deserves some awards if you ask me! (I read many comments about how scary it is, but it was around just the right amount of creepy for a horror show for me.)

I gave up on Black Mirror after the first ep too :P But then I tried again and watched the rest and loved it! Not all episodes, mind you. But some are great! My absoluute favourite is Hated in the Nation (3X6) followed by USS Callister and San Junipero. I also liked hang the DJ and I really enjoyed the whole concept of Bandersnatch. Which episodes did you watch?

I also loved The Haunting of Hill House. On paper, it seemed like a another family-moves-in-haunted-house story, and it is. But it just had something very unique and enjoyable.

20 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I gave up on Black Mirror after the first ep too :P (...) Which episodes did you watch?

Well that was... a no, thanks. :mda:None of the ones you mentioned, so I might end up going back to it again, haha. :laugh: I watched 1x2 (good idea, bad execution), 1x3 (okay-ish), 2x1 (eh..?), 2x1(good idea, okay-ish execution), 3x2 (eh...?), 3x3 (wtf?) and half of Bandersnatch (I had to go somewhere, and I haven't finished it since, up until what I saw was cool but from what I read about it might as well be a wtf? Idk yet.)

I also loved The Haunting of Hill House. On paper, it seemed like a another family-moves-in-haunted-house story, and it is. But it just had something very unique and enjoyable.

Yep, with that series the cliché part of it did not bother me at all, which says a lot I think. It was very well done.