angel_heart

Ayreon

417 posts in this topic

Ayreon is a project of Arjen Lucassen and is a mix of proggressive metal, proggressive rock, folk and electronic music. The only permanent member is Arjen himself, but there is a whole collection of amazing voices to join him and bring his stories to life.

There are 7 albums, each bearing some sort of connection with the others (some more obvious then the others) and while for now it seems that the story is complete, Arjen doesn't exclude the possibilty or writing another Aryeon abum.

Discograhy

- The final experiment (1995)

- Actual Fantasy (1996)

- Into the Electric Castle (1998)

- Universal Migrator part 1: The dream sequencer (2000)

- Universal Migrator part 2: Flight of the migrator (2000)

- The human equation (2004)

- 01011001 (2008)

Oh, I have almost forgot Ayreon! I listened them some years ago quite a lot but then I lost my cds. The music is very versatile and addictive. It took a long time to got in to it but after that Ayreon's every cd has sounded so great. I think The Human Equation is my favorite, it's hard to choose only one.

Ah Ayreon. :wub: Truly an awesome project Arjen has crafted. :D I love "The Universal Migrator" the most, though "The Electric Castle" is also quite impressive as well. Aside from "01" I haven't had a chance to check out the other albums yet. First on my list is "The Human Equation" though, always liked James LaBrie. :)

I really like all Arjen projects especially Ayreon and Star One. That's nice that we will hear new Ayreon album, I hope he will change a bit the formula because he sometimes too much repeats himslef when it comes to the melody and arrangments

but still it is a great artist

I once found interview from 2000 where he mentioned among others that he want to invite Tarja ;), On his albums we can find many famous singers so maybe someday someone from NW-Camp will sing (Tarja,Marco,Anette), He probably doesn't pay that much attention to female fronted metal, for instance maybe his is not aware of power of Marco voice ;)

OGMYGOD there will be another Ayreon album!! :swoon::yahoo:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!

I actually screamed of joy when I read this! I'm so happy! :wub: :wub: :wub:

^Me too I've actually been walking arround with a big grin on my face just because of this news. :rofl:

Firstly the vid is so adorable haha. Secondly, that sounds absofflutely amazing!! It has the 01 sort of amazingness sound.

I dunno whare it's confirmed but Devy tells me Anneke will be on it. Which other vocalist do you guys hope will be on the album? :) My first picks are Jorn Lande, Russell Allen and of course Floor. Hansi would be awesome too. As for new ones, I'd die to have Lori Lewis on an Ayreon album. Arjen knows how to bring 200% out of his vocalists and I'm very curious what he would make my favourite female singer sound. :wub:

I'd love Anneke, Jorn, Floor, Russel and Hansi to be back, they are by far my favourites. Also Magali Luyten, Michael Akerfeldt and Daniel Gildenlow and I would DIE for Bruce Dickinson to be back, but I remember he and Arjen being on relatively bad terms, so not so much hope there.

I hope Simone stays away and I'm really sorry Steve Lee isn't around anymore :(

Other then that, I haven't thought of new singers for this album, but Lori would indeed be awesome. And I would love to have Nils Patrick Johannsson and Tony Kakko. Matt Barlow would be incredible too, though I'm not really holding my breath for either of them.

Too bad for Steve Lee indeed

I'm not sure what will happen if Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) and Mariusz Duda (Riverside) sing in this album - masterpiece or war of prog - egos. But deffinatly will become something big :D

I'd love Anneke, Jorn, Floor, Russel and Hansi to be back, they are by far my favourites. Also Magali Luyten, Michael Akerfeldt and Daniel Gildenlow and I would DIE for Bruce Dickinson to be back, but I remember he and Arjen being on relatively bad terms, so not so much hope there.

I hope Simone stays away and I'm really sorry Steve Lee isn't around anymore :(

Other then that, I haven't thought of new singers for this album, but Lori would indeed be awesome. And I would love to have Nils Patrick Johannsson and Tony Kakko. Matt Barlow would be incredible too, though I'm not really holding my breath for either of them.

Wait, Gotthard's Steve Lee (RIP) was on an Ayreon album?! :swoon:

Yeah, on an 01011001.

It does sound vaguely familiar now; I must have forgotten about it though because there's usually a TON of singers involved on the Ayreon albums. :D That reminds me I've been meaning to check out that live CD/DVD the band put out that was one of Steve's last shows; I believe it was even filmed in the band's hometown. Such a great voice he had. :cry: LOVE Gotthard.

[media]

[/media]

Is anybody familiar with this singer and if she sings in other bands? According to one comment her name is Marjan Welman.

Love her voice.

She's the singer for a band called "Autumn", you should check them out.

By the way, I have some news. I e-mailed Arjen and he answered me :P Basically I asked him what was going to be the next Ayreon album about and he said he did not want to spoil the surprise, but that it was going to be more or less the same, but very different. And I also kind of asked him if he could ever consider asking one of the many colaborators Therion has ever had ( such as Snowy, Lori, Kat, Mats or Thomas) and he said he was thinking on it, that it ias a really good band and might consider one of them, I also asked him for Mr. Hietala, and he said he was also an option :)

It may seem unplausible, but I have the mail, I'm just to lazy to copy/paste it XD

That Arjen, he's such a tease!! But yayyayyaaaaaay for new album!! *does happy dance*

Oh my, I really like the girl's voice on the live video Biased shared! I know nothing about music and ranges etc, but if Nightwish can't make Floor stay, I wouldn't mind this girl either. :P

Google says this is her main band: http://www.autumn-band.com/

In fact I already had searched & checked "Autumn", but the few Autumn songs I was able to find sounded quite different, so I wasn't sure. However now Symphoniker confirms it is Marjan Welman, it must be her, because in case of doubt, the moderator is always right! :P

@Snater: she really has something special, hasn't she?

New Ayreon album, more or less the same, but very different, YES!

My personal Ayreon wishlist / dreams: female duet betweem a clean and a 'colored' voice, one soft and one strong. E.g.

Sharon den Adel & Floor

or

Anneke van Giersbergen & Tarja

Think Anneke & Floor could also result in a magnificant duet, not so shure about Sharon & Tarja. And obvious I am dreaming of more Marjan Welman...

Edit:

@Nocturnal: many thanks for posting the video!

I'd love if he would get Heather Findlay (ex-Mostly Autumn) and Irene Jansen there. It would be so awesome, they're _great_ on The Human Equation and it's a shame that I haven't been able to hear more of Irene Jansen. She sounds to be, if not as good as Floor, at least close to her talent. Love her voice.

Of course Floor would be cool too but I would be not be that excited than with Irene since I've heard more of Floor than Irene. The best option would be to get they both there but they're too similar to each other that I doubt Arjen wants them both there.

And having Anneke somewhere is always relevant, can't even describe my love for her voice. Perhaps my all-time favourite among female singers.

I don't wish for Marco joining, I've heard too much of his voice in his endless projects and I must say, I'm a bit bored in his voice nowadays. Not my favourites, although he surprised me on Scaretale.

OH, and DAMIAN WILSON! I'm soooo in love right now with his voice (the latest Star One album and the newest Threshold album <3) and the way he uses it so I would listen to him singing basically anything.

I just want any guy that has been with Therion. Hansi Kürsch notwithstanding, he has already been with Ayreon. But Mats Levén, Snowy Shaw, Thomas V or Lori woul be just awesome...really,.

I'd like to see him bring on board Liv Kristine, Charlotte Wessels, or maybe even Kai Hansen. Also, maybe this is just because I'm developing Coheed and Cambria fever, but what about Claudio Sanchez? He's no stranger to sci-fi it seems. :) I'd love to see him collaborate with Huge Flores; his two progressive metal bands Project of Creation and Factory of Dreams are highly underrated IMO.

Arjen revealed the name of upcoming album, The Theory of Everything it is. (Spotted from facebook).