angel_heart

Ayreon

417 posts in this topic

Electric Castle Live... and Other Tales :woot:

So they will also play one track from each of the other projects: Star One, Guilt Machine, Gentle Storm, Stream of Passion, Ambeon and Arjen's solo album. I wonder which Star One song it will be, since it'll feature five singers (Robert, Dianne, Marcela, Damian and Jaycee). So cool!

So I was bought Ayreon Universe for my birthday (well, I bought it and my wonderful wife wrapped it!) and I watched it in full a couple of weeks back.

How I wish the wonderful Mr. Lucassen would let this come to the UK, even for just one gig!  Awesome doesn't begin to describe it.  Disregarding the singers, how good is that band he has?!  Absolutely brilliant, every last one of them!

And what about those singers?!!

Highlights:

Valley Of The Queens

The Druids Turn To Stone (what a presence DW has on stage)

Amazing Flight

The Eye Of Ra (considering I had never heard it! Must get Space Metal....)

Arjen's short (!!) speech

There are a few concert DVDs that I have watched once and not got round to watching again - this will NOT happen with this one!

The man is a genius:music:

uuum Joost van den Broek just made a Facebook post about recording Ayreon drums? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

The comments mention something about a Christmas album? What?

2 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

The comments mention something about a Christmas album? What?

ok, now I want this, I don't see it happening but I still think it could be really cool. 

I remember seeing that Arjen asked Roy Khan to join on an album once. Now that Roy Khan is back, I hope that can happen. I'm excited for whatever new concept Ayreon puts out, really.

I’d love a new Ayreon album but I don’t see it happening so soon. Maybe they are recording something special. I’d love it to be a real album though. I’m thinking Dianne van Giersbergen May also take part. 

3 hours ago, Imagineer said:

uuum Joost van den Broek just made a Facebook post about recording Ayreon drums? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Most worrying.  Shouldn't Ed Warby be recording Ayreon drums?....................

Yeah, they' ve been saying in the comments that Ed said he is not doing Christmas music? I don't get it and I don't know what christmas album they are talking about :P

EDIT: IT IS A NEW AYREON ALBUM ssknsnwdlmkfnskldf

Joost says Arjen wanted a new vibe for this new release. Uuugh I want more info.

16 hours ago, Imagineer said:

EDIT: IT IS A NEW AYREON ALBUM ssknsnwdlmkfnskldf

Joost says Arjen wanted a new vibe for this new release. Uuugh I want more info.

Don't think much of the title!!

Great news though!  I hope he moves completely away from the whole timeline thing, it's been flogged to death, and although The Source was a good album, it wasn't one of his best (IMHO) and I felt it was one too many for the whole concept...

I kind of doubt it myself too. But Joost said that it is something Ayreon related. People say it may be extra stuff for the ITEC shows but I don’t know, why would they be “looking for a new vibe by using a new drummer” if it was for the ITEC shows where Ed will be playing the drums and he was also the one who played them on the album? It just seems illogical.

But maybe it’s something like bonus songs. Maybe more acoustic Ayreon bonus songs? I don’t get it. 

What do you think it is @Stargazer_Voyager ?

32 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

But Joost said that it is something Ayreon related.

Please tell me where he said that, because I've been reading his comments and can't find it :P

It's definitely not for ITEC live, for the reasons you already mentioned. It wouldn't make sense. I believe it will be a brand new project along the lines of Guilt Machine/The Gentle Storm/Arjen's solo album, but it will have a unique sound. Arjen always says his albums are a “reaction to” the previous album, and The Source was more on the heavier side, so it won't be anything similar to that. Not a Star One, that's for sure (which makes me incredibly sad).

At least this is what my Ayreonaut sixth sense tells me haha.

EDIT: I found the source of the confusion.

ayreon.png

Yup, that was the reason! I just saw he changed it and I thought I was going crazy :P It definitely said Ayreon till this morning. Damn, Joost, you can’t go around making mistakes like these! :P

So if not Ayreon, I’d say it’s either something completely new or a new Gentle Storm album. Can’t wait to find out!

Probably no. The dvd for the live ITEC shows will probably come out in a year or so though.

2 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Probably no. The dvd for the live ITEC shows will probably come out in a year or so though.

Im not interested then.. Only new album Im looking for.