Devious Mischievous

Annoyances

2,408 posts in this topic

WTF? I can't post in other topics? I just tried to post in the sexuality topic, and I clicked on the reply field where you're supposed to type, and I couldn't type anything. But this one works... weird. :P

Oh, and annoyance II: A couple of nights ago, I was trying to sleep and around four in the morning this dude -he's on the staff here- started shouting/talking really loud outside my door. Not that he was specifically targeting my door, you see; his room is next to mine, so I guess he was outside his room, practically shouting into his cellphone. Loud enough to wake me up, and considering I'd just slept through a party, that was pretty loud. He was insisting that just because he'd sucked three dicks in one night, it didn't make him a slut. And repetition about how many dicks he'd sucked, how much he liked it and how that didn't constitute sluttery. He was at it for several minutes... at four ***** o'clock in the morning! And this wasn't the first time, either. :angry:

Guest Irkalla

My internet. It's getting so ridiculously slow (or just not connecting at all) that I only have 10-15 minutes here and there, and now my brother's computer is acting up too so it might not be my computer's fault after all. Kind of hoping it's not so I won't have to send my laptop off and can just bitch at the Comcast people instead, we've had to switch modems more times than I can remember at this point.

I have the same issue. It's Comcast. It is nothing wrong with your computer. Call them and tell them what's wrong, and keep doing it until they send a technician out. They actually discovered a problem with my internet, said "yeah we'll send an engineer out to fix it." Of course that never happened. Or I guess you can wait a few days for it to cycle out of being *****, since that's what mine does, but just know that the cycle is going to be constant.

^ We've had problems with Comcast since we got wireless internet in this house (3-4 years ago), I can't stand them but they're literally the only option we have where I live. I guess we're going to have to have them come over again because over the phone, they're useless, they've never solved a problem without sending someone over.

Guest Irkalla

Yeah Comcast is the only option for me too, and I absolutely despise them. Shittiest customer service EVER. All they've ever done is drop the call when I have a problem too difficult for their idiot reps to understand/solve. Good luck on getting a technician out there. Even more luck on actually getting your issue resolved which truthfully, you probably won't.

Oh my gosh, YES, the dropped calls are the worst because it only takes about a million years to actually talk to a real person and when you finally get someone, they don't have a single worthwhile thing to tell you and then suddenly you realize there's no one on the line anymore (usually when they're trying to "transfer" you to someone else) and you have to go through the whole process again.

Guest Irkalla

yeah so I've learned not to ask Comcast to help me solve problems. luckily for me I know lots of computer nerds who can help me out with issues. issues I shouldn't have had in the first place because comcast is a horrible ISP.

I've been having a lot of problems with my internet (Comcast) lately too, and it's just on the Mac, but it's not the Mac, because I can connect to and stay connected to the internet anywhere else. But the non-Apple computers connect to it just fine. So WTF??post84125168357274.gif

Guest Irkalla

Me and a bunch of people are going to raze comcast. Who cares to join us?

Los: That's exactly what was happening to me a couple of days ago. :/ Now my brother's having issues, though, so I'm confused on who to blame. post-84-125168357274.gif What's really annoying/funny is that my mum's crappy old laptop has had no problems at all (yet), my phone connects to our wi-fi just fine, and so does my brother's Xbox. I'm just...deeply resenting my reliance on the internet for entertainment at this point. I love reading and playing video games, but there are so many times when I think, "Oh, I wonder if [something related to my book or game], I'll look it up!" and then my computer's all, "WOOPS, Connection timeout! Sorry, honey :D" I hate the internet. And Comcast. ADlfkjadf.

My gripe today is about a special kind of fool. :fool: Here - in all it's glory is an actual letter to the editor of a local newspaper The fool's name and location as well as the exact store's name have been removed. Everything else, however is word for word how it appeared in the paper:

I recently went to the (store that shall not be named) with my wife. I headed to the cafe, grabbed a beer and sat down while to wait for my wife to shop.

I quickly was confronted by a store employee who said I had to pay for the beer immediately, even though the sign at the entrance said to pay the cashier before leaving.

So I got up to pay and she took away my beer because I did not have identification on me.

I said my ID was in my car, but that wasn't good enough for (store that shall still not be named). I had to fill out some kind of form and I might have to go to court over this.

My wife spent more than $300 and I was reprimanded over one bottle of beer that I never even sipped.

In the future, I won't go to the cafe for a beer or one of those overpriced sandwiches. I'll either shop with my wife or stay in the car.

Fool

Redneckville

Now, to explain just how stupid this guy is, :dash: There are signs ALL OVER that cafe (I know, as that was my first ***** job.) which say "We card everyone!" (to avoid being accused of profiling and such) and "Beer consumed on site must be accompanied by food" But this fool thought he could just crack open an un-paid-for beer and drink it without so much as showing an ID. So, what? If a 12 year old walks in and grabs a beer and starts drinking it the employees should just wait till he's done to ask for ID? The sign says to pay for beer before leaving the cafe because no other registers can process it due to the strict regulations placed on alcohol in this state. The form he talks about was an incident report, because by stealing beer he created an incident. Weather he drank any or not that bottle is worthless to the store now so it's still stealing as far as the loss to the store is concerned. What, you buy a lot of food so the rules don't apply to your stupid ass? Sorry God, I didn't recognize you. <_< You should wear a name tag next time you steal something. And to top it all off, he didn't just make a fuss on site, he went home and wrote to the paper about it! :mail: Dear god... Just stay in the car ass hole, trust me, no one will miss you.

Okay. I feel better now. :witch: Off to the next thread!

@Los - These kind of questions are going to be noticed more in contact the mods rather than normal topics. It was decided to disable the negative system and seems members that commented on the like system agreed to have positive system only.

On topic: I'm annoyed as I've been awake with my stomach being crampy most the night, just fell asleep then heard my son wake up.

Guest Irkalla

Los: That's exactly what was happening to me a couple of days ago. :/ Now my brother's having issues, though, so I'm confused on who to blame. post-84-125168357274.gif What's really annoying/funny is that my mum's crappy old laptop has had no problems at all (yet), my phone connects to our wi-fi just fine, and so does my brother's Xbox. I'm just...deeply resenting my reliance on the internet for entertainment at this point. I love reading and playing video games, but there are so many times when I think, "Oh, I wonder if [something related to my book or game], I'll look it up!" and then my computer's all, "WOOPS, Connection timeout! Sorry, honey :D" I hate the internet. And Comcast. ADlfkjadf.

Weirdly enough my phone has no issues connecting to the wifi. Only the computers do, but all four people in my apartment, including myself, have issues. It's got to be a Comcast thing.

Okay my copy of Imaginaerum STILL hasn't arrived. Amazon, this is so not cool. Not cool at all.

^ Have you at least listened to anything of the album?

Ok, I'm sick. I hate it. It's annoying and frustrating....

^ I listened to the Soundcloud samples, and Storytime and the Birdie Song. But that's it. :cry:

Aww. :patpat: I'm sure you'll get it soon, maybe tomorrow? And you'll like it (let's hope it's worth the waiting) ;) Storytime is one of the weakest for me anyways.

Guest Irkalla

my charger has decided that it no longer wants to work. so now I just blew $45 bucks on a charger and one-day shipping when I have less than no money left, because if my laptop dies, so does my phone, because my wonderful roommate stole the wall charger for my phone. awesome.

Still at university for just over a week and in exactly one month, I'll be back from the holidays already. In the 3 weeks of holidays which I have been really looking forward to, I have to write an essay for a topic I don't understand anything about, write a practical report containing statistics I know nothing about AND revise for all of my exams which start the day we get back from holidays. Oh and the essay & report are also due in on the day we start exams. That's great. It's not like I wanted some time off to spend time with family I haven't seen for over 2 months. ARGH. I hate the psychology department. They're pretty good to us in terms of work load during the term, but when we actually want to relax, they give us every deadline they can think of. Bye bye holidays.

Okay my copy of Imaginaerum STILL hasn't arrived. Amazon, this is so not cool. Not cool at all.

That sucks, I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived bang on the 5th :blink:

^ WHAT?!? Mine was dispatched on the 5th, delivery date was yesterday. And it's not here.

In which case I guess I should blame the postman actually. Pff.

Nero Wave Editor is bugging me! >_< I was going to make two seperate files of Song Of Myself (the song and the poem), but the stupid program is being the pain in the ass! Oh yes, sure, I can hear the entire song. But can I see it? NOOOOO! That would be too much to ask. >_<