Sign in to follow this  
Nienor

Conception

76 posts in this topic

I am completely and totally in love with these new songs!  Khan sounds like he's in really good shape, he sounds better than he did on "Poetry for the Poisoned".  Sounds like a very natural progression from what they were doing on "Flow"!

35 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

Khan sounds like he's in really good shape, he sounds better than he did on "Poetry for the Poisoned"

Agree!!!

Oh god, Roy, I missed you so much! It's so good to hear him sing again! I wish there wasn't so much voice distortion though... I had to check my earphones to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with them.

28 minutes ago, Leila23 said:

I wish there wasn't so much voice distortion though...

It sounds better than in Poetry....

Oh, wow. I love the songs, they have such a nice atmosphere. And yes, I missed his voice so much, it's so good to hear Khan sing again. Can't wait to get my EP!

I am absolutely in love with these new songs, they possess such a timeless magic and can transport me to a beautiful place regardless of where I am. I have really been missing Roy's musical talents. And Conception's sound is so mature and grand now. They are a band for modern prog fans (who didn't already know about them) to watch out for, as this material is on par with my prog favorites and promises more to come. "Feathers Move," by far, exceeded my expectations. It's a new favorite of mine now. There is just nothing to compare to Roy's emotional vocals.

Has anyone been able to guess the lyrics yet? There's some words that are way too blurry for me to understand :P

Feathers Move is really gorgeous. @Gargoyles_pathI second all you said!

EDIT: found this on Amazon
51hka80HquL._SS500.jpg

All of Seth's (singer of Septicflesh) covers are great <3

By the way, it's so nice hearing that voice of an angel again, after many years. The music scene needed him back so bad.

Seth is a great artist and musician! :D Well, I'm certainly glad I pledged for this and I'm hoping I get my EP soon!  They said a few are getting theirs early, so...well, I'm desperately hoping I'm one of those people.  I kinda doubt it but I'll keep an eye on my mailbox. :P

I understand that Feather Moves is a bonus track and will not be on the EP (or at least a guy on Instagram said so).

As often happens, my favourite songs are always the bonus tracks. Epilogue, Escapist, Into the Sun, Purple People... so much melancholy in bonus tracks!

Question for those who bought the signed CD-single in the campaign: Did you receive yours? I got my shipping confirmation 10 days ago on the 2nd, but I am still waiting for mine :dry: I am slightly worried that my CD got lost in the shipping process, because normally it doesn't take so long to ship something from Norway to Denmark. 

They released an update about shippings today, they said that those who purchased both the single and the EP will receive everything on November 23rd to avoid doubling shipping costs. So I don't know if this is your case,  The Name of The Wind  Otherwise I'd reach out to them or wait and hope :| 

I've listened to just a couple of songs from the album so far. But I am very happy Roy is back too, I have to make time to listen to the whole album soon!

The EP came out today! I don't have my signed album yet, but I've been listening to it on Amazon music unlimited and it's phenomenal. I was too hyped and shocked the first time I listened to it to formulate much of an opinion, but I kept replaying the songs, and the more I listen to them, the more I love them.

Majestic. Mature. Magical. Dark romanticism. All the unique touches from Roy Khan coupled with backing musicians who are unafraid to experiment and take the songs in surprising directions. "Quite Alright" is the sort of heartbreaking, romantic song we've come to know from Roy Khan, but the sound is so fresh.

"Into the Wild" is strange and mystical. I love Khan's deep, dark tones in the beginning and the way it segues into a more ethereal chorus.

"The Moment" sounds like it could be the ending song to a musical, and the Asian-sounding strings at the end truly make it. 

"My Dark Symphony" is the show-stealing track, a gloomy homage to classical art. It perfectly mates symphonic metal with progressive metal, with the guitars blending with orchestral strings and echoing classical movements. It has gorgeous lyrics from Khan, and his vocal twists are always surprising. He rocks it.

Conception called this EP a beginning, so I'm deeply holding out hope for more content! This EP is the perfect blend of metal styles for me, almost like a cocktail mixed to my tastes. The instrumentalists are fascinating and mature, and Roy Khan, of course, is one of my favorite vocalists and lyricists. Leprous, as an example, is another band that is tailored to my tastes like this, with the classical sound, lovely vocals, and dark and sentimental themes. It's nice adding another band to my list of bands to be excited for :)

I gave the EP a listen on Spotify and sounds great, but I'm waiting to get my CD. Where is it, posts? Being the kind of prog that it is it deserves full attention and several listens, and I can't do that just sitting at my laptop, I get distracted.

EDIT: at 2nd listen, Feather Moves is still my favourite. It's just so good.

The album is the EP, it came out on November 23rd https://conception.lnk.to/MDSWE
There's no full album planned so far.

EDIT: after a few listens the tracks I like the most are Into the Wild, Quite Alright and Grand Again. My Dark Symphony will need some more time because I still haven't got it and it's a big track, while The Moment has a weird vibe that I'm not sure I like, but I love the beginning and the ending.
Anyway, what amazing musicians. I'm so happy to hear Roy's voice backed by such great drumming. I was always unhappy with Grillo's drums in Kamelot since The Black Halo, I found it uninteresting at best (not a technical opinion, just my taste).

EDIT2: finally got my EP <3 So happy to see Miro in the credits for keyboards and orchestrations, I've always loved what he did with Kamelot.

On 11/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, Calinn said:

The album is the EP, it came out on November 23rd https://conception.lnk.to/MDSWE
There's no full album planned so far.

Oh. I'd better get my hands on it, then... I was expecting the full album and didn't want to "spoil" myself with the EP, but if that's the best we're going to get, I guess I should just listen to it and be happy there's even an EP to be talking about, after all the slumber.

Yep, I'm also craving for more but that's all we have for now. I wish there was an edition of the EP that included Feather Moves, but I'll do it the old way and make it myself. 
They'll be performing in some festival and they'll do a couple super intimate shows in their home town I'd really love to attend but I live on the other side of Europe and all my attempts at growing money trees so far have been unsuccessful.