Magnus

What are you playing now?

608 posts in this topic

As you might have guessed, this thread is dedicated to video games. Need I say more?

No, you don't :)

I like to play in Dota and waiting for Dota 2. Also, i playing from 12 of november in Skyrim. Very like it!

I'm more of a console gamer myself.

• Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Disgaea
  • Tekken
  • Soul Calibur
  • Mortal Kombat

Those would be my favourite series.

Console....i would like to play in Halo series or in Mortal Combat, Kill Zone, God Of War. But i don't want to spend money and buy console only to play those games :)

I just started to play Skyrim tonight, at about 10pm, which was way too late. Because it's now 4am and I haven't gotten anywhere yet and oh my god I want to continue playing but I need to sleep and I have a feeling I will be playing this game A LOT the upcoming weeks (months? :/)

... that doesn't sound promising for me :P

In other words, I've so far spent 75 hours on MW3, which I see as quite an achievement giving I have uni pretty much every day and I've only had proper internet at home for 4 days!

Playing Serious Sam 2 and Quake 4 at the moment and I must say, Quake 4 is really really good! Wouldn't have expected it to be that good, they really mix things up very nicely and keep a great pace!

Serious Sam 2 is IMO a very underrated shooter, it is so adorably over the top in every aspect that it's hillarious all the way through. Nothing better to just shut of the brain and relax for some time.

Still need to get my hands on/find the time to play the new Deus Ex game. I heard great things about it.

I've clocked in 60+ hours on two characters in Skyrim.

I regret nothing.

I've clocked 65+ hours only on one character. Developers promised 300+ hour of gameplay. When i heard this, i didn't believe, but for now it really seems like to be true. Very, very long game.

Still need to get my hands on/find the time to play the new Deus Ex game. I heard great things about it.

Yeah, play in it! It's really interesting game. My gaming style was stealth and for the whole game, I never shot, exept bosses. Now i want to play one more time but i want to shot all enemies :)

I'm all over the place with games, I like a few atmosphere-y survival horror games (Fatal Frame I & II, Silent Hill 1-3, Amnesia: The Dark Descent), some cutesy games (Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari), and then some odd ones here and there like Kingdom Hearts (currently replaying it and getting really tired of having to just hang around places to gain more exp :/), some of the Final Fantasy games, and the Ratchet and Clank series. I'd probably like some of the games for XBox 360 and PS3, but I never really get access to either of them because the XBox is my brother's and he's constantly on it, and the PS3 is in the living room so people prefer me not to play out there. :/

Yeah, play in it! It's really interesting game. My gaming style was stealth and for the whole game, I never shot, exept bosses. Now i want to play one more time but i want to shot all enemies :)

Sounds just like the first game! Thanks, I'll get my hands on it eventually.

I've been a PC gamer all my life, but I want a PS2/PS3 just so I can play the damn God of War series. The trailers look so gorgeous.

For now, i'm speding quite a lot of time into Skyrim (40 hours so far), and Shogun 2 Total War...

I have Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassin's creed revelations to begin on the PS3, too! I need more gaming time :dwarf:

Another one playing plenty of Skyrim interspersed with little bits of Arkham City for some unwinding. Thoroughly enjoying Skyrim and spotting the various little Easter eggs in them. A couple of them I've found from the Dark Brotherhood... (not quest related but spoiling for y'all.

The young child vampire Babette seems to make a couple of references to Anne Rice and Interview with a Vampire. Louis' first love is called Babette and he turns a small child into one.

Remember the annoying "Adoring fan" from Oblivion? According to Ciceros journals he "posed as a starstruck fan" before assasinating the grand champion of the Arena. I am incredibly shocked as it was often killing him that got people into the Brotherhood in the first place!

Jaime: Ever read Let The Right One In?

I felt like the girl was a reference to the vampire in the book/movie who was also turned very young. She used some guy's...pedo tendencies to make him kill and harvest blood for her. In Skyrim Babette tells a story about using her young appearance to lure a man and kill him. She quotes him and his comment is a bit pedo-ish when he is talking to her.

Guest Irkalla

I like WWII shooters. Battlefield 1942 is a favorite of mine. But the best WWII shooter series ever has to be Brothers in Arms. I love how tactical the gameplay is, and how you just can't run and gun to pass a level. The story is pretty cool too.

As for the Assassin's Creed: Reveletaions. Does anyone play in multiplayer? My friend bought it couple days ago (the price is funny - only ~15$) and he says that it's AMAZING, much better than single.

I play multiplayer on it.

Fun as hell and I usually hate multiplayer.

I can't get into the story that much because I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Currently, I'm playing through Arkham City. Asylum was probably my favorite game of all time, so I was hyped like mad when the sequel came out. What do I think of it?

Well, it has one gigantic flaw that keeps it from being one of the greatest things we humans have done as a species: There's way, WAY too much side stuff as compared to the main story! I'm sorry, but side quests and stuff were supposed to supplement the actual main storyline, not the other way around. That's why it's called "main" and the others "side". WORDS MEAN THINGS, DAMNIT. And, don't get me wrong, I love diversity and non-linear storytelling, for instance, I thought it was awesome that you could choose from three or four missions in Wings of Liberty, but this... this was just so chaotic.

It's the same problem I had with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and why I think AC2 kicks its ass any day of the week. I just found it frustrating that the actual main quests took maybe 6-7 hours to complete (which is pretty weak btw), but all the while my attention was being pulled in 10 other meaningless directions: Borgia towers, renovating the city, training apprentices and on and ON. Same thing with City.

So I have this incurable blood disease and I'm racing around looking for a cure, but WAIT I have to track down where that goddamn phone is ringing. Ok, that's done WAIT, now I have to save a political prisoner. WAIT now I have to hunt down TITAN containers for Bane. Not to mention the Riddler's puzzles. And on it goes. Not to mention that some of the side quests just didn't make sense to me. There's one separate mission where all I have to do is go talk to a cop. That's it. Um... there's a word for that: It's called padding! And don't even get me started on those stupid "augmented reality" trainings. What was their point apart from adding maybe an hour or so to the gameplay?

Let's put it this way: Currently, I'm probably two thirds into the main storyline, and I've completed almost half of the side quests, and the game is still only 42% complete! That's just ridiculous to me, and probably why I won't be playing Skyrim any time soon.

That being said this was still an amazing game. The improvements to the fighting mechanics and the wide-open spaces that allow you to glide on rooftops were brilliant. Also, I have nothing but praise for Rocksteady because of the emphasis they put on the detective aspect of Batman. That was long overdue. I mean, when you think of Batman, one of the first thing that comes to mind is "world's greatest detective", and it shows here. Yeah, it was present in Asylum as well, but it was kind of downplayed in favor of crushing mook's faces in. But here, it's really crucial, and some of the interrogations are just hilarious.

The story is extremely engaging as well, with some amazing swerves thrown in. Most of the side quests are really smart as well, I just wish they had been able to tie them together differently. And the fact that you also get to play as Catwoman was a nice touch. It's brilliant how they managed to keep the same core gameplay mechanics with her, and yet, you feel as though you're playing a different character, not just a palette swap.

So, overall, is it better than Asylum? It's a tough call, because Asylum was very well-rounded and I can't find much to criticize about it. City on the other hand has this one huge flaw that really brings it down, but has improved in almost every other aspect. And the stuff that it did improve, hoo-boy...

I love the side quest element of it all :blush: it just felt a lot bigger. I thought that Asylum once you got past the (very enjoyable) story that was it and I just couldn't be arsed with trapsing around trying to find the trophies and solve riddles when I finished the story, I played on but that didn't last long and was where I fell short. I'm just saving up the side quests so I have mini stories to carry on with once I've done the main story line. Don't need to run off and do them instantly :)

If anyone wants to get the game "Trine", wait a few days! Trine 2 is coming out on december 9th and the collector's edition, only slightly more expensive then the regular one, includes a free full version of the original game, plus a 40 page artbook and the soundtrack!

If you don't know what I'm talking about then do yourself a favor and check this game out, it's amazingly beautiful and amazingly fun to play: http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php

Trine 2 is here: http://trine2.com/site/

Holy Hell, the latest Football Manager is just pure digital genius. I thought there was no more to improve and that they couldn't improve it any further but... they found a way.

Finished NFS: The Run and LA Noire. Both lovely.

Nothing new in The Run, just a bit too short for my taste.

From Rockstar Games one should expect some kind of GTA. Which LA Noire kinda is :). Maybe the shoot'em up side missions are somewhat simplistic, but I love the car chase stuff. Also, lots of jokes/stupid remarks to hear on the streets :) if you have the mood/patience/guts to roam freely.

Edit: For ppl with outdated rigs/graphs: you may get stuck at 30 fps. If so, add this command line to the L A Noire launcher:

-npd -str -nonv

Works like a charm.

Playing new mmo Star Wars The Old Republic around work... evil game already has me hooked.