Baki

Tarja Turunen

2,475 posts in this topic

But yes, I'm with Negus and 777, when I got End of an era,

Negus? <_<

New interview Tarja and Harus, seems they work really great together.

I didnt know she had composed her own version of the Ave Maria, nice ....I want that dvd.

Negus? <_<

Oops. That's what I get for not looking up to check my references :blush: Many apologies.

And yes, Ethiopian king... You can take that as a compliment if you wish :unsure:

I'm looking forward to that as well. She did write Oasis on her first album (which just happens to be my favourite song of hers).

Oops. That's what I get for not looking up to check my references :blush: Many apologies.

And yes, Ethiopian king... You can take that as a compliment if you wish :unsure:

No problem. My name already means great, so if I add Negus I'd be the best king ever :P

Yeah, I agree. I find it slightly ironic that the only song of hers that I really, really love (Oasis) is also the song that she is supposed to have composed herself. If she can actually do something like that, she should do it more - but then again, I guess she also had a lot of input on many other songs. That song is just great.

It's so sad that a talented woman with such a range of voice, such a powerful voice ect, ect..sings like this. Vibrato??? AaAaaaAAAaaAAA this amplitudes... Her's vowels? Interpretation of world famous songs, tempos...sad, very sad.. :cry:

Vibrato is good... rabntom vocalixation is not. There is s ciuffrtrnvr yhrtr.

Byu the wayt, che dhiykc comoise more music, goir sure. What she hwads fone was reallt hgood... I want to het mote of this.,

Yeah, I agree. I find it slightly ironic that the only song of hers that I really, really love (Oasis) is also the song that she is supposed to have composed herself. If she can actually do something like that, she should do it more - but then again, I guess she also had a lot of input on many other songs. That song is just great.

As great as that song is, I wouldn't wanna hear album full of just piano and vocals, if that's what you ment. :ph34r:

Vibrato is good... rabntom vocalixation is not. There is s ciuffrtrnvr yhrtr.

Byu the wayt, che dhiykc comoise more music, goir sure. What she hwads fone was reallt hgood... I want to het mote of this.,

Excuse me, but why are some of your posts typed like that? Have you been smoking something illegal? :rofl:

Excuse me, but why are some of your posts typed like that? Have you been smoking something illegal? :rofl:

Naaah, she's our resident drunkard. A title that previously belonged to Nabs and Vlad, but seems that tadithoe is drunk more often than not.

A whole album of Oasis-like songs would do me just fine :happy:

Noooooo... Not for me anyway, I want some guitars and drums and bass too. :ph34r:

Naaah, she's our resident drunkard. A title that previously belonged to Nabs and Vlad, but seems that tadithoe is drunk more often than not.

I see. :rofl: So did Nabs and Vlad become religious or something? :giggle:

It seems she's doing quite an extensive tour in Russia. And I just checked and it seems that, depending on my luck (and a lot of other thing) I might be able to catch her on tour. I find most of her stuff truly boring, but I'd love to see her live sometime. I really would, let's hope I get lucky this time.

A personal opinion:

According to my opinion Tarja is still an outstanding artist. She was it in the time of Nighwish, and she still is it today. No matter, if she sang some lines not so exactly how she should. So... Why the heck is that so important? Can you do it better like Tarja? I for myself have a huge respect of her, and her accomplishment with Nightwish, and of her career after Nightwish. She's gonna get proof her courage with this step, starting a solo career. And hey, why not! Tarja's a really gifted person, and she convinced me totally with her style of music and the interpretation of songs.

Yeah... I'm really proud that I own two albums of her. And I really enjoy it to listen to her music. ;)

New Inteerview, she mentioned her next album.

We had the opportunity to interview by telephone TARJA TURUNEN, received a call from the record company and then told us to Card, after a few polite phrases, the interview began, and is now just hung up the phone, I have to say is a very nice person, fun and easy to carry and very communicative and good answers. I even said goodbye in Swedish at the end of the interview.

Release her fourth solo album next year, what can we expect?

«It has taken me long to write new material, to get to our songs and then do a tour from January to April, I have in mind to start recording again, perhaps in May. I've thought about writing again, and there will be a mix of rock songs, songs, symphonies and songs of fear as has been done before, a little crazy (laughs).»

Have you started the project Harus will release an album?

«We have released a live album (HARUS - In Concert - Live at the Sibelius Hall, 2009), and has become very popular, but we have played together since 2006, so it is not exactly new, but it was thought to launch the Live album to reach a wider audience, even though we already have many fans. We have not provided an exact date to record a studio album, but we are at that stage. And it's nice to present our music in the churches, and with instruments like the organ, which really suits the atmosphere.»

He has also done some opera concerts in recent years, is something that will continue?

«I hope so! I think it's great fun to bring the two worlds, the metal and opera and build bridges between them. I have already presented with classical pieces, I did a concert in Bulgaria, and the combination of opera and chorus worked very well, so I hope to do a tour of its kind in the year 2013.»

And in recent years been studied in different schools of music, have you ever thought of teaching others?

«I have! (Laughs). I have given private lessons and have had very few students, it has been difficult in recent years because I have been very busy, and you have to use the time when it manages to be at home for at least 2 weeks. I have to say that you learn a lot of students, and the relationship between students and teachers is very delicate and special.»

We know you can sing opera and know you can sing in a symphonic metal band power, is there any other genre or style you would like to try?

«We must be constantly evolving in terms of technique, voice, different styles and power, and continually trying to give high grades. It's very different rock opera and singing for a rock show, it is difficult, because it is more physical ... running across the stage at a rock concert for 2 long, while you stand still singing opera (laughs). I feel very tired after the shows, so try to stay in shape.»

What is the biggest difference between writing songs in Finnish and English?

«I think I'm very bad at writing songs in Finnish (laughs), there are many other Finnish composers are better, so it's a little humiliating. I feel like it puts a lot of the staff, but I prefer to be close to the text, should not really be clear what the song is about.»

You've done a Christmas album and even several collaborations, Christmas, is a special time for you?

«Through out my career I have lived a long time out of my country, my home Finland, so now I'm here, I feel closer to my family. After the death of my mother, has become even more important to spend time with family and being together anywhere in the world and celebrate Christmas together is special. I love my family very much and miss them when they leave, but with the Internet and Skype in particular, becomes more personal and really I can have video conversations with them from home, is very different from when you could only send e-mails . On the other hand, I love to cook and eat (laughs) Christmas food and also to sing, especially in the churches.»

We know who sings and plays piano, is there another instrument you would like to learn to play?

«Now, I'm not good at the piano (laughs), I started playing very young, but now I'm "okay". I also played the flute in my youth, and just told my husband the other day that I would learn to play the cello. I wanted when I was younger, but there were no teachers then, and when I started playing the flute instead of the cello. I believe that this instrument has a sound very nice, very beautiful and we have also included in my music.»

Edited by Cursarion
removed colours

He has also done some opera concerts in recent years, is something that will continue?

«I hope so! I think it's great fun to bring the two worlds, the metal and opera and build bridges between them. I have already presented with classical pieces, I did a concert in Bulgaria, and the combination of opera and chorus worked very well, so I hope to do a tour of its kind in the year 2013.»

That event was called "Bauty and the beat". Judging by the videos and some comments from people, who had been there, it must have been an amazing show! I hope this tour is going happen. At this event Tarja also performed Swanheart and I like it a lot (and it was great to see a live version after such a long time):

[media]

[/media]

OMG I haven't seen that video, thank you so much, I was reading some comments of people saying she is losing her voice, lol...I think her voice is better than ever.

I agree with sahara, when I first heard her solo work, her voice nearly beat me up. And I mean that in a good way. XD But I must say that I don't like what she did to the song in this video. Swanheart on From Wishes To Eternity, now THAT'S epic!

Well, Swanheart from FWTE dvd is just difficult to replace with another recent performance but I liked more the ending in this video than in the dvd

When Tarja accounced for the first time (back in 2006 or early 2007) that she would perform NW songs at her solo-concerts, I wasn't too excited. I thought that it's part of NWs history and I was afraid that Tarja's band might mess the songs up or that it just wouldn't be the same.

Today I can say that - after having seen Tarja live for quite a few times - I enjoy her performing the old songs a lot! It's definitly not the same (and I have seen her live with NW), but it's sort of...kinda like walking down memory lane. I also think it's great that she performs songs, which NW haven't played for many years or not at all. For instance, it was wonderful to see and hear Lappi live :)