Carol

Imaginaerum

1,876 posts in this topic

Hey, is there a list somewhere with who says what in the poem of Song Of Myself?

No, just some guesses.

I thought Carol said she'd ask Tuomas? I'm not sure whether it was here or on the T-H.com forum, though... And can't remember when. Need to check. :D

I thought Carol said she'd ask Tuomas? I'm not sure whether it was here or on the T-H.com forum, though... And can't remember when. Need to check. :D

Sorry I forgot to paste his reply

"Haha, it`s no secret I got the idea for the poem from "Now, Voyager". I thought it was such a beautiful idea that I wanted Nightwish to do its version of it. I carefully asked Troy what he thought if we borrowed his idea and he was cool with it. Troy and Pip are among the people reciting the poem, yes, but we shall keep the identities of the other immortal loved ones in secrecy. "

"Haha, it`s no secret I got the idea for the poem from "Now, Voyager". I thought it was such a beautiful idea that I wanted Nightwish to do its version of it. I carefully asked Troy what he thought if we borrowed his idea and he was cool with it. Troy and Pip are among the people reciting the poem, yes, but we shall keep the identities of the other immortal loved ones in secrecy. "

We've already recognised those two :P

There are a few more easy recognisable ones but after the keeping loved ones secret, we will just let people suspect and guess at the others. Think of it as a game =)

Definitely! And besides, all the voices have already become visions of my own, who and what they are, and what they feel like. I don't think they rhyme with who the people behind these lovely voices really are, and they don't have to. :) One of them is a talking television (which is absolutely not an insult, on the contrary!), so go figure. XD

I'M GOING TO KILLL THE POSTAL SERVICE..I'M GOING TO KILL THEM!!!!! MARK MY WORDS!! TWO WEEKS AND NO DISC. If I'm still like this for next week, I'm gonna sue their asses off, so much that their own grandchildren, of their dogs and of the cockroaches that live in their cellar will still owe me money!! GRRR!!!

^ I feel your pain. Mine's still not arrived. Though today I shouted at Amazon some more and they said they'd send me another one so I'm really hoping I'll get it within the next few days... *fingers crossed*

Amazon takes forevvvvver... Lucky I went through e-bay! lol I just got my copy!!! Can't wait to sit down with my nearest and dearest, and blast it, while drinking copious amounts of eggnog :yahoo:

*Comes out of the shadows

Imaginaerum Chart positions (week 1):

ch ch.gif H. Pos.: 3

at at.gif H. Pos.: 9

nl nl.gif H. Pos.: 24

be be.gif H. Pos.: 44 (Flanders) be.gif H. Pos.: 65 (Wallonia)

se se.gif H. Pos.: 3

fi fi.gif H. Pos.: 1

no no.gif H. Pos.: 17

* Retreats back to the shadows

Magnus and other Swedish people on the forum: what do you make of this review? I think this is the local newspaper where Anette lives. And who is in the band photo but Tarja. Three out of five stars but the album is labeled as children's music, even though not that bad, with some "beginner hardrock" out of which the parents will want to save "Slow Love Slow" for themselves.

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/kultur-och-nojen/musik/skivrecensioner/article1591091/Ingen-dalig-barnmusik.html

Troy and Pip are among the people reciting the poem, yes, but we shall keep the identities of the other immortal loved ones in secrecy. "

Damn! :swoon: That was going to be my question for the OSA interview! Now I have to think of something else... Just when I thought I had something good... :sorry:

I'M GOING TO KILLL THE POSTAL SERVICE..I'M GOING TO KILL THEM!!!!! MARK MY WORDS!! TWO WEEKS AND NO DISC. If I'm still like this for next week, I'm gonna sue their asses off, so much that their own grandchildren, of their dogs and of the cockroaches that live in their cellar will still owe me money!! GRRR!!!

I pre-ordered my copy from Nightwish shop, priority shipping which is supposed to take 5-10 working days. It was posted on the 28th. and STILL it didn't arrive, probably its the post office which are too lazy to send it -_- I have a feeling the album arrived but the postal service sucks here... sometimes If i order something, it arrives 10 days before they deliver it to me

:angry:

But what can we do?!! :notme:

We can only wait :cry:

Magnus and other Swedish people on the forum: what do you make of this review? I think this is the local newspaper where Anette lives. And who is in the band photo but Tarja. Three out of five stars but the album is labeled as children's music, even though not that bad, with some "beginner hardrock" out of which the parents will want to save "Slow Love Slow" for themselves.

http://www.sydsvensk...-barnmusik.html

Sounds like a joke... :swoon:

On the other hand - children music? Yeah, my kids really like some pieces, altough they definitelly preffer While Your Lips.. But it's a lie that parents will want to save SLS, LROTD and IWMTB suit my taste much better :P

After two weeks of waiting, it finally arrived!!! I spend 70€ for the box itself + 30€ for the shipping + 20€ for the customs (I hope they drop dead), but it was worth it! Number 699/1000. :D

388188_2840155840429_1155289260_3088399_646760511_n.jpg

@Fatality, the shipping and tax sucks. I can't remember how much shipping I paid now. I like the edition, I do still think it's a bit overpriced. More so when noticed the mirror doesn't seem to be made of the quality I'd expect for the price, however does look cool displayed on the wall.

I also expected the image cards to be smaller so finding out they were a lot larger and double sided was a nice surprise.

@Carol What sucks the most about the customs tax is the fact that not all the packages are "taxed". It's just a matter of luck if they decide to do it or not. I didn't have any luck this time... As for the mirror, it is just what I expected, the quality of the material and work etc. I also expected that the whole package would be much smaller - I was amazed when I saw the size of the box! :)

Look. I don't like the new record. I just don't. It's only got the smallest element of what I used to love about the band's music. I'm glad the band are diversifying and more people are getting into it. Thats the most important thing after all. I've been into the band since 2004 and there's a lot of water under the bridge since then. I kind of miss the way I used to feel about this music because honestly I've never been able to get that back with any other band. I just don't hear anything here that appeals to me anymore. Maybe my time with NW is just passed.

In terms of sound production they've at least done a better job than DPP which sounded weak and a bit horrid because they had to pull back all the sliders to cope with the lack of power behind Anette's voice. It sounds a little fuller now and the parts sound richer at least. It seems that Marco's proper growly bass has been permanently disposed of in favour of a lighter tone and the guitar tone has been pulled into Boss Metal Zone territory whereas on once it hit like 10 hammers. That's not to mention that Jukka is hyper compressed and almost inaudible in some of the gutsier tracks like 'I Want my tears back'. They should have called that song 'Turisas want their gimmick back'.

I'm currently listening to Slow, Love, Slow and as a massive fan of blues I'm just hearing confusion and a half baked idea – it's frankly a tad nausiating. I mean the whole record just sounds like Hans Zimmer joined the circus and not in a way that I like.

Man. I just don't know. Have I gone all Metallica styley 'Anything after Black Album is Gay' Snob on my previous favourite band?

I never wanted to be that guy. I really wanted to like what I hear but I simply don't. It's a bit sad. I always look forward to a new NW record. The only day better than the day that Once came out was the day I discovered Wishmaster when I was 16 – now I'm 24 and my most significant musical moment is still the time I put that disc into my Walkman. When I got this today it was on a whim.

I guess I just came back to the forum after such a time away to say, from the perspective of someone who was around a lot in the early days, that maybe the time for all things pass and we can't love some things forever. Maybe some of you are lucky enough to have loved it all the way through. I wish I was.

I just don't feel the magic anymore like I used to. I put a comment on the youtube on the Storytime video to this effect. I just noted I didn't like it like I used to. Then a bunch of fans pounced on me and accused me of sucking off Marcelo and wanting to root Justin Bieber. I'm not naive about the way youtube works but I just feel back in the day we used to be a much more enthusiatic bunch and far less offensive. Culmination of factors kind of ruined the band for me in a way. Kind of a lame thing to say I know...

Burning Flame, if its any consolation you aren't the only one who feels that way. Even with DPP, which is in no way my favourite Nightwish album, I listened to it for pretty much 2 weeks straight. This time round I played the album twice and now its sitting gathering dust on my shelf; I haven't even been bothered to transfer the two or three songs I don't mind hearing onto my mp3 player. People change and move on, I guess. It's sad, but there you go. I don't even really listen to Oceanborn anywhere near as much as I used to, and that's my favourite NW album. *shrugs*

(Good to see you're still floating around cyberspace, by the way!)

I kind of miss the way I used to feel about this music because honestly I've never been able to get that back with any other band...

I just don't feel the magic anymore like I used to...

Sad, but true! I felt the same when DPP was released - no more magic, the music I loved so much was dead...

Well... now I look from a different angle - the magic lives, my AFF, OB, WM, CC cd's are never on the shelf :)

And iRum... just pretend that it's released from a completely different band and you'll like it. It's not that rich, powerfull, magical, full of passion, unique music we used to get from Nightwish, but it's still better than the average ***** the music industry usually floods us with.

Anyway... it's still sad, 'cause I do not believe I'll ever feel the way I felt 11 years ago, when I met The Wishmaster for the first time...

P.S. About Metallica, why "snob"? They just dissolved their music into the abovementioned ***** after '91. Nothing snobby to admit this. I still like their '83-'88 period.

Seems we won't get any Storytime DVD. I'm guessing they'll release the music video as an extra on the film release then?