Carol

Imaginaerum

1,845 posts in this topic

Well, going to give my opinion...

I think a video of my face while listening at it could be a more fitting explanation of my feelings, I can't put them into words properly, they're too various! From the childish excitement of Storytime to the anxiety of Ghost River, the melancholy of Turn loose the mermaids and so on...

At the moment, my favourites are "Slow Love, Slow", "Turn loose the mermaids", "Rest calm" and "The Crow, the Owl and the Dove", the latter reminding me of the fairy tales I read when I was a child.

Just one word for Imaginaerum? Phantasmagoric.

I trully fall in love with the birdie song and it's lyrics, this are so beautiful, I have no words to describe this feeling but just beautiful *.* ...Great choice for a single. :wub: I can not believe some people get bore with this amazing song.

^ + 1… Although I like other songs better in the album, I also think it's a good choice for a single. The lyrics are impressive.

He pronounced "Kitee," "Hietala," and "Rammstein" wrong, and DPP was not made in 2006.

Anyways, he is a damn good reviewer. I was laughing throughout the whole thing (that creepy list killed me), and his Ziltoid shirt is amazing. I need to listen to more of this guy's stuff.

Normally I hate YouTube reviews of things but this one's hilarious. Captures what I love about the album, though I don't agree with him on the parts he didn't like (predictable, considering I'm posting in this thread at all :P )

Really like Imaginaerum, it does remind me of a movie soundtrack, very bombastic and has poppy songs, celtic ballads and metal crunch, all which makes it a great album.

Ok i just read the interview too, and i dont think they are going to cut the song out from the movie completly, but they had to cut out the original idea for it becouse it was too expencive, i think.. (and hope) they are just making a different scene than what was first intended ^^,

also yes, they must play it live! :3

Yay!I hope so! I think you're right :)

Cutting out an entire song just seems so wrong, it's a part of the story.. it's probably just gonna have a cheaper scene :)

I just got Imaginaerum yesterday. I have listened to it once, very loudly. (perhaps too loud for my neighbors) Of course I loved the album. Everyone in band continues to progress. Kudos and thanks to all involved. Nightwish, never stop.

Call me dumb for my taste or whatever but my favorites in this order:

1. I Want My Tears Back

2. Scaretale

3. Ghost River

4. Storytime

Very bottom is "Slow, Love, Slow" and I don't like the Arabesque much either. And what the HECK is "The Crow, The Owl, and the Dove" about anyway? It sounds okay but because I don't understand it it's near the bottom half of the list when it comes to how I like the album.

I recommend you to listen more carefully the ''birdie'' song, lyrics are so beautiful and together with the acoustic music is a magical sound and the vocal of both singers sound incredible awesome, I think is one of the best Imaginaerum songs.

^ Agreed. I'm not crazy about ballads, but the birds are indeed lovely. :giggle:

Very sorry that I did not speak English to a greater extent, to the fullest to describe my feelings . :sorry: (((( But I still try)) not judge strictly :tomato:

The album is great! Especially Ghost River, I want my tears back, Scaretale .... easier to say "all" Imaginaerum !!!))) Every track in its own very good! But especially I was hooked Song of Myself, in particular, Love ....

Album listened to in one breath!

Taikatalvi like a music box, opens the door for us into a magical world in which all true dreams and fears comes true!

Storytime on to say that it is "a story about stories," she would put us right atmosphere. Ghost River is a very powerful product. Very energetic music, vocals Marco. And the text is very deep, I would even say philosophical.

Slow, Love, Slow ... quite an extraordinary thing ... As usual our hearing Nightwish music perfectly fits into the rhythm and blues sound of the 30s of the 20th century.

I want my tears back. Energy is similar to the Ghost River, only more positive))) And how gorgeous Anette sounds!

Scaretale .... ooooh, it's generally a different story!))) But, to put it briefly and clearly, the more theatrical tracks from Nightwish was not yet! I'm excited!

Arabesque is perceived as a natural extension Scaretale. But their means of expression is a very original creation, worthy of comparison to the classic works of late Romanticism in music.

Turn loose the mermaids ... yes, probably so it will look like our last trip ... it would be nice))

Naturally looks Rest Calm after Turn Loose the Mermaids. And according to the text, and sound. And what a melodic chorus!

The crow, the owl and the dove. The beautiful ballad. Very sensual, gentle. By the way, the content (compared to the animals or birds), it resonates with Russian fairy tales)))

Last ride of the day. That ends our adventure. Indeed, this track is similar to a roller coaster. Well, or at least amusement park, which invites us Anette))) Abracadabra))) Carnival of Life!))) This song can be taken apart to quote;-)

Song of Myself ... now I have two favorite songs of Nightwish, more than 10 minutes in length. This is a Beauty of the beast and the Song of Myself ... But Song of Myself more epic, grandiose, one might say pathetic))) Inimitable melodies. Insanely sensual, soulful part number 4. Love ... if I was doing things against the background sounds of the number 4 - I stop ...listen ... and repeat the words as though I find myself in these words. But this is all true! All of these words - a reality! And Troy... he's great! His voice is so mesmerizing ...

And the epilogue. Imaginaerum. How does all sound pretty basic melodies performed by orchestra! Especially Storytime)))) As in those sounds positive energy !!!)))

Indeed, Imaginaerum radically different from the DPP. It is more brighter! Over the contrast! Well, finally, a more interesting! I'm happy that I bought the album and will be at a concert in Moscow))) The first in my life concert of Nightwish!

Yeah!!! I did it!!! :yahoo:

I love that Song of Myself references the lyrics and titles of the previous songs! I just cannot get over how incredible this album is.

Apsara , thanks for the high appreciation of :thankyou: I tried :blush:

Edited by NightCaT

No doubt Imaginaerum surpasses all previous albums, which is quite expectable considering that Nightwish is not a "a prisoner of format"(btw Tuomas was very pricise having said that), they grow up note by note literally speaking.

this piece of a great work represents a high level of composer's professionalism. NW did a great job.

my favourite song is Last Ride of The Day

I'm just in love with the lyrics of "The Crow, the Owl, and the Dove." They're so deep and beautiful if you get all the symbology behind it. I may not really understand its full depth, but I read enough into it to really love it.

After some weeks of listening I can say that Imaginaerum is still my favourite Nightwish-album. Until the release of Imaginaerum Century Child had been my favourite album because of personal reasons, but the fantastical compositions and the diversity of the new album is hitting that a thousand times, I guess. I really set store on the deep and personal moments of the album, namely Song of Myself or The Crow, The Owl and The Dove.

I dont consider this album beautifully lyrical (except the birdie song)...their previous album were much more emotional and with incredible lyrics.

I have to say this album has inspired me to write my poems and songs again, like I had so long ago! All I can say is Thank you Nightwish!!

Friends, I got the album since early January... and since it, I JUST CAN`T STOP LISTENING TO IT! @_@

I feel like my own dead imagination came back to life. ^_^

This album is divine!

For me, the strength of this album is the common theme, the whole universe that is depicted through every song. I found that very refreshing after Dark Passion Play total lack of unity and consistency (I don't like this album much).

I especially appreciated Scaretale, a kind of perfect mash up of Diablo Swing Orchestra, Danny Elfman's music and Tuomas crazy side. It's a daring song and that's what I really liked about Imaginaerum overall; I felt they took (calculated) risks and I love that.

My favourite songs are Ghost River, Scaretale, Rest Calm, Last Ride of the Day and Song of Myself.

The ones I like without being crazy about them: Arabesque, The Crow [...], I Want My Tears Back, Taikatalvi.

The ones I like least: Storytime, Turn Loose the Mermaids and Imaginaerum. I enjoy listening to them but I can't say they make me feel anything special.