em_j_ottermaster

Eluveitie

126 posts in this topic

Ooh you got yours already? That means mine should be coming in soon too! :DD Although...I will admit I did listen to it already. It does have some good tracks but a lot of it is totally forgettable. Overall it's a decent album.

Yep! I received a signed poster, too! (I thought I wouldn't end up getting one as I didn't pre-order the album when it first became available for pre-order).

Click

That's so awesome! I hope mine comes with a poster...hopefully. Too bad the cat isn't included. :P

Sigh my friend pre-ordered this for me for my birthday... but then said he didn't have enough money and canceled it..lol

Reviving the topic, and advertising while I'm at it :D

JK

Watch these guys: And tell me opinions!

Prologue:

Helvetios:

Woob woob I was so right in deciding to listen to Eluveitie :clap:

Anyone who (pre)ordered their new album/remake 'The Early Years' from the bands own webshop? I was too late with the special offer of no sending costs <_<

Nope, still busy with listening to Helvetios which is going to belong to my favourites of 2012.

I am still in love with A Rose for Epona and Alesia!

Saw them last week (with Sabaton) and they played them both!

Would have loved to see a longer set! There was not a single song from Everything Remains as it never was (if I did not miss one)

Why is 90% of their set made out of Helvetios songs? I get it, it's their last album and they're promoting it, but enough is enough, they have four more awesome albums behind and there are barely 2-3 songs from a whole discography.

I'm rather disappointed because after three times I missed them, I finally get to see them and everything revolves around my least favourite album of theirs :(

About 90% songs were from Helvetios? If they are coming to Finland with setlist like that, I'm not sure if I wanna go.

Well it seems like they played the full album (at least Tempe in USA) and well youHelvetios songs can like it or not, but that explains why there are 90 % (in fact 75 %)

And as I saw them with Sabaton they also played most Helvetios songs but as a support I thought that was quite normal (though I would have loved to hear more old songs)

And as I saw them with Sabaton they also played most Helvetios songs but as a support I thought that was quite normal (though I would have loved to hear more old songs)

Yeah, that's quite normal because their time is very limited but when you're main act it's different thing. And I wouldn't mind it if I like Helvetios' songs but I don't care about that album so...

Maybe it's 75% when they have more time as headliners, but as support act they're giving up the older songs instead of the Helvetios songs, so it does rise up to almost the whole set.

Yeah, that's quite normal because their time is very limited but when you're main act it's different thing. And I wouldn't mind it if I like Helvetios' songs but I don't care about that album so...

Yes I agree and I don't Luke Helvetios that much but the only time I saw someone play an album full length I was totally in heaven and thus I like that in general :P

Maybe it's 75% when they have more time as headliners, but as support act they're giving up the older songs instead of the Helvetios songs, so it does rise up to almost the whole set.

Well as I saw them as support there were 2 non Helvetios songs out of 8 Songs or something so it is quite the same in percent though I agree that it felt less ;)

I will be seeing them at a Festival next year and I hope that it will be different there and they will play there most known songs

Anna is sick and had to go back to Switzerland :(

I hope she gets well soon and she's able to do the European leg of the tour, things wouldn't be the same without her!

Eluveitie is one of my favorite bands, but as many of you said, last cd was not very good at all. I prefer Slania and Everything ramains as it never was.

Awww man, Anna is still sick and won't be in the tour with Sabaton either. That's very disappointing news :(

I suppose Meri will replace her with the vocal parts, but you know... it's Anna. And the hurdy gurdy. And it's not going to be the same without her :(

She has been sick quite long. Since December, right?

I saw them live last night, and while I had a lot of fun and they were really good and energetic and full of good vibes as always, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't even try to replace Anna. Chrigel did all of her parts and it was a bit monotonous without her, her vocals added a lot of colour to the band. They could've tried to have another girl sing her parts. The setlist wasn't brilliant either, but then again I already knew it was going to be mostly stuff from the last album. At least they played Inis Mona, which was SO AWESOME! Everyone was singing and jumping and headbanging, it was a lot of fun.

^ I'm realllllyyy hoping she is going to be back for when I get to (finalllllllyyy) see them, and meet them :D I would be really devo if I couldn't meet Anna cause she is my fav and the reason I am desperate to buy a hurdy gurdy. And thats unfortunate they didn't even bother replacing her vocals with Meri...

I however, will be quite happy with a Helvetio-heavy set. I actually really like that album, whereas I find there are only a couple songs of Everything Remains that I really love.

eluveitieoriginscd.jpg

New album "Origins" will came out in 5th August. So excited about this one! Not much of a fan of this band but I really like their music.

Tracklist:

1. Origins

2. The Nameless

3. From Darkness

4. Celtos

5. Virunus

6. Nothing

7. The Call of the Mountains

8. Sucellos

9. Inception

10. Vianna

11. The Silver Sister

12. King

13. The Day of Strife

14. Ogmios

15. Carry the Torch

16. Eternity

They are also touring in Europe with Arkona but not in Finland. Well, better luck next time I hope.