em_j_ottermaster

Eluveitie

146 posts in this topic

New official video! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0Ot2wd-10

I really love the look at this. Beautiful landscape and Anna have so much charisma :) Nice song too. Wish Nightwish could have a video like this for the new album - landscapes and beautiful environments

Wish Nightwish could have a video like this for the new album - landscapes and beautiful environments

Agreed :)

It's so hot in my room atm, but the song together with these landscapes made me shiver. From the King and The Call Of The Mountains, I prefer this one. :)

Wish Nightwish could have a video like this for the new album - landscapes and beautiful environments

It's so hot in my room atm, but the song together with these landscapes made me shiver. From the King and The Call Of The Mountains, I prefer this one. :)

Agree!! :music:  :music:

Great video. Loved it! :wub:

I had a chance to see them with Wintersun and did not go. I hope I get another chance.

Cute and catchy, love the celtic parts and I don't think I've ever heard them sing something so softly as that instrumental part in the beginning and then near the end, it was beautiful! Now to the bad parts: the chorus sounds very much like A rose to epona and it's repeated too much and is that a modulation I hear at the end? Please please please don't go there, I realise it's a single, but no need to go into Eurovision song structure! I love you guys, you're awesome, don't cheese yourselves! Also I'm not sure I am too fond of this pushing Anna forward thing. I love her voice, she's lively and she seems like a sweetheart, but I don't think they need to go into female fronted bands territory, I always loved the fact that they didn't have a single member taking all the attention and that the female vocals were just a third of their songs, split with the grunts and the celtic instrumentals. Again, I hope it's because it's a single and that is not representative of the whole album or of their direction.

Oh, i just noticed they have another video, King, with grunts and without Anna, so it's ok, scratch everything I said! It's obviously not as catchy as the other one, but I get the feeling it won't become boring as quickly and the bridge instrumental kicks ass, so I'm happy :D

I listened to the whole album and I'm very excited. Again, the single doesn't do the album justice, The call of the mountains is by far the weakest song for me, all others are rock solid. They have grunts, they have Anna, they have pretty celtic instrumentals, they are full of energy and they are the perfect Eluveitie that I fell in love with it. I'm very pleased with the outcome, it's ten thousand times better then the previous. And Celtos is just :wub:

I saw these with support from Arkona and Skalmold last week. All three bands were amazing!

Here's a picture I took (sorry it's not too good, but it's difficult to take pictures in such an active crowd, haha)-

1779897_10205222234134064_10928834295732

Nice. I'll probably see them on February. I'm not a huge fan but i really like most of the stuff i've listened to. I love Slania's song. Also i like most of the new album although i haven't played it many times yet.

That's great! Slania's song unfortunately wasn't in the set last week, but it was a nice mixed set of old and new stuff- Omnos, Inis Mona, Thousandfold, A Rose for Epona, Call of the Mountains (in Swiss-German) etc..  Was a very enjoyable set.

Gonna see them next sunday, can;t wait. Really like those Celtic influences

I was wondering, does anyone maybe know what time the gig is over? (need to catch a train haha)

I was wondering, does anyone maybe know what time the gig is over? (need to catch a train haha)

I hope you have a great time Night*Star. They were unfortunately without a bagpipe player the other week when I saw them, but luckily for you, they've found a replacement in time for when you see them :)

Good luck getting the train without having to miss any of their set. They finished very early over here (10pm), but that was because here in England they like to rush everyone out of the venues so they can start a club night later on.

I hope you have a great time Night*Star. They were unfortunately without a bagpipe player the other week when I saw them, but luckily for you, they've found a replacement in time for when you see them :)

Good luck getting the train without having to miss any of their set. They finished very early over here (10pm), but that was because here in England they like to rush everyone out of the venues so they can start a club night later on.

Ah thank you very much! 

Didn't know about the bagpipe player, too bad he wasn't there when you went to see them.. :( 

Can;t wait for tonight;s show!

I'm seeing them this Saturday. I can't say i'm super excited because i'm not that big of a fan but i think i''ll have a good time.

Saw them last sunday with support from Skàlmöld and Wind Rose, it was incredible!

Here's a video I took during the french version of The Call Of The Mountains.

[media]

[/media]

That sucks :(, they are one of my top 5 bands. However, I will support both "parties" and appreciate their work.

Too bad, it was never a punishment to look at Anna live :woot:

Anna was a big part of the reason I loved this band. She is very unique. Not your usual Goddess of Metal. I hope they can replace her...but I don't see how she can be replaced...no one is like her.

This is very sad and unexpected news.

It looks like Anna, Merlin and Ivo will stay to complete the immediate legs of their current world tour, which is a relief for me, because I'll be seeing them live in two weeks. I'm glad that the split is amicable enough for them to allow that to happen. It's going to be VERY bittersweet going to this show, but I'm so glad I'll get to see them with Eluveitie before they leave. As a big Eluveitie fan, losing Anna in particular is really sad news because it means a huge part of their sound is going to disappear. If there's any silver lining to this, it's that with the band essentially splitting into two pieces, we will get two separate musical projects that have evolved from Eluveitie's original sound (assuming Anna, Merlin and Ivo form their own act, which I hope they do).

It's interesting to note that Anna, Merlin and Ivo were due to perform a solo show here (performing Anna's solo material and a few acoustic Eluveitie songs) in March, but it was cancelled at the last minute. It seems these guys are close musically and personally, so I believe them when they say the split is due to different musical ideas/directions/blablabla. It also makes sense that one leaving necessitates the others leaving too.

(Not sure if I should comment here or on the Liv topic :P )

It sounds weird! I'm not sure I've heard Liv singing like this anywhere else. And I don't think i like it very much. The recording is bad and the music also sounds weird though. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I like this better but it's sill weird!