em_j_ottermaster

Eluveitie

126 posts in this topic

I also like more the one you posted Imagineer! A Rose For Epona sounds.... well weird

News from official FB!!

Dear friends, fans & fellow metalheads

We're beyond excited to share really awesome news with you!
Because we can now say: FINALLY! The time of waiting has come to an end. 
For our future line-up as a band is final now, WE ARE COMPLETE AGAIN!
And it feels so incredibly good. :) From all our hearts we wanna thank you all for your patience, for your support and for staying with us all the way through these months of uncertainty! You are the best!!!
You might wonder who the new band members of Eluveitie are. 
Well, we won't tell you for now. 
But stay tuned - in exactly one week, on thursday, December 15 we will launch our brand new website (www.eluveitie.ch)!
And it will start off with a countdown calendar to reveal the new Eluveitie line-up. One by one each band member will be revealed with pictures, videos, interviews and you will even get the chance to have chats with them!
The countdown will end on January 5, 2017. And you see where this is going, right? 
Exactly. WE'RE SUPER EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR UPCOMING ELUVEITIE & FRIENDS FESTIVAL WILL BE THE VERY FIRST SHOWS WITH OUR NEW LINE-UP!
So don't miss this! Join us to celebrate!
Informations on the festival and tickets you can get here:
And if you wanna join the meet & greets and meet our new band members in person, then quickly get a VIP upgrade, as long as they're still available:
VIP UPGRADES JAN 6: http://bit.ly/2gyyH02
VIP UPGRADES JAN 7: http://bit.ly/2fEJrW3
We cannot wait to see you & celebrate with you!
Cheers & sláinte

Have you heard the new singer, Fabienne Erni?? She's good!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STUvYj1hFEs

I like her, her voice is soft, melodic. I think I like Anna more, but she does a great job too. Her phrasing reminds me of some of my favorite singers who keep a similar style (Alanis Morisette, Dolores O'Riordan, Anneke) and at some point her vibrato sounds so Anette-ish XD (aiaiaia). I'm looking forward for next album!

I like her too, in this moment I am listening to Evocation I, which is truly a great album. Chrigel said that Evocation II, which will be released in spring or summer, will be more "back to the roots" and rougher.

Here is the complete line-up. I am happy that Nicole returned, she is great. :dwarf:

• Chrigel Glanzmann – vocals, mandola, whistles, pipes, gaita, acoustic guitar, bodhrán, harp
  • Kay Brem – bass guitar
  • Rafael Salzmann – lead guitar
  • Nicole Ansperger – violin, backing vocals (returned in summer 2016 after she left in 2015)
  • Matteo Sisti – bagpipes, whistles, mandola
  • Alain Ackermann – drums (session member since summer 2016)
  • Jonas Wolf – rhythm guitar (session member since summer 2016)
  • Michalina Malisz – hurdy-gurdy (session member since summer 2016)
  • Fabienne Erni - vocals, celtic harp, mandola (new)

Yes, Nicole is great, even though I'm new to this band, I'm impressed by that woman's talent, so I'm glad she returned :)

And having listening recently Evolution I, if the new album sounds at least a bit similar, I sure will like it :D

Yes, Nicole is great, even though I'm new to this band, I'm impressed by that woman's talent, so I'm glad she returned :)

And having listening recently Evolution I, if the new album sounds at least a bit similar, I sure will like it :D

Thanks for posting that video! I'm just very happy now. This young lady sings beautifully...and sang Anna's vocal patterns very well. I love Anna's vocals...and didn't believe she could be replaced...i'm so glad they found someone. Wow! i cried with joy over this performance.

Thanks for posting that video! I'm just very happy now. This young lady sings beautifully...and sang Anna's vocal patterns very well. I love Anna's vocals...and didn't believe she could be replaced...i'm so glad they found someone. Wow! i cried with joy over this performance.

You're welcome ;) Glad you liked her! :D I think she will be warmly received and I hope she doesn't have to be in the same situation of Elina and Emmanuelle!

17 hours ago, Serena said:

New song!!!

Immediately hoping this is a Legend of Zelda reference! :D

Thought that too!! :D

41 minutes ago, Marius said:

Immediately hoping this is a Legend of Zelda reference! :D

:giggle: Funny idea. It is about the ancient gallo-roman godess Epona, who was a protector of horses and particularly a goddess of fertility. It is a great song and Fabienne fits very well.

"Evocation II- Pantheon" will be released on 18 August. Each track ist about a celtic deity. Here is the tracklist.

1. Dureððu    
2. Epona    
3. Svcellos II (Sequel)    
4. Nantosvelta    
5. Tovtatis    
6. Lvgvs    
7. Grannos    
8. Cernvnnos    
9. Catvrix    
10. Artio    
11. Aventia    
12. Ogmios    
13. Esvs    
14. Antvmnos    
15. Tarvos II (Sequel)    
16. Belenos    
17. Taranis    
18. Nemeton    

I am courious how the sequels of Sucellos and Tarvos will sound like. Sucellos (part one) is one of my favourite songs:)

I'm really exсited about the album! I was understandably unsure what to expeсt after all the line-up сhanges, but Epona was simply wonderful, I сan't stop replaying it.:music:

I like Fabienne's voice!! :D

The parts Fabienne sings don't sound much like Eluveitie, but the track sounds awesome nonetheless. She has an interesting voice, it adds even more of a folkish vibe (mostly because of that gliding she does), so I'm really excited about the new album. I'm pretty sure she'll fill Anna's spot without much difficulty. 

And speaking of Anna, Youtube treated me with Cellar Darling, which is the other half of Eluveitie, and it doesn't sound half as good as Epona sounds. Anna has a lovely voice, but the music is kind of dull (pretty much the A call of the mountains-like part of Eluveitie that was starting to get on my nerves on their last albums). Maybe the separation was a good thing. 

The album was released today, what do you think of it? After the first listen I think it's good, but gotta give it a few spins to fully sink in. Fabienne's vocals sound beautiful.

I really like the new album. I noticed many reviewers complaining it's not metal, but Evocation I was also acoustic, so what did they expect? To me it's great that they can show this kind of emotion, as opposed to their normal bounciness and energy. I know I'm a sucker for Celtic music, but what they've done is truly beautiful. The only thing that bothers me is the collection of instrumentals at the end, it gets a little slow after a point. And Fabienne is a great pick, she fits Anna's shoes perfectly and even adds something of her own (I love her vocals in Artio, so sweet and suave)

I've never listened to Eluveitie before, but am really loving this latest album, particularly Epona, Lvgvs, Catvrix, and Ogmios. Catvrix manages to sound very heavy despite being acoustic, which is very cool!

Loving the Cellar Darling album, so trying out Eluveitie.  Evocation 1 and Helvetios so far, both brilliant!  Guess the new one will have to follow...

Good decision with Catvrix, it's the most memorable song of the album!