em_j_ottermaster

Eluveitie

152 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Serena said:

New video!!!

Great song! Showcases well the talent of the new lineup. :) The song is also surprisingly heavy, kind of "back to the roots" for the style closer to the bands early albums.

It sounds very weird in my ears. I'm not huge fan of the original version either because Powerwolf are far from being amongst my favourite bands. Nontheless, the whole idea with bands doing covers of their songs is an interesting idea and it is cool that Eluveitie also took part in that. And I'm late for that but I really love Rebirth.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:48 PM, Serena said:

Look!!!

This is awesome! That woman sure can sing :o makes me look forward to their next album even more

Pitty the video is not on YouTube yet because YouTube has far better sound quality than FB, but there's this:

I've only just listened to it twice, but I already like it a lot. Sounds like Eluveitie, and I mean that in the best way :)

EDIT: it's on YouTube now:

Album is like Eluveitie albums always are, some great moments, some decent moments and some meh moments. 

5 hours ago, Imaginarium said:

Album is like Eluveitie albums always are, some great moments, some decent moments and some meh moments. 

Well, to me, this so far seems true with the new album, but it wasn't true for "Origins". That one is pure greatness to me, start to finish.

My initial impression of "Ategnatos" is that while I like it, it's not as good as the previous few albums. I really feel like some of the band's magic left together with the 3 members that quit in 2016.

I gotta give them bonus points for the digipak CD though. It's really nice that they have a booklet with not only song lyrics, but also thoughts and explanations about the songs, like the ones they put on YouTube.

Really enjoying the new album, probably one of their best.  The sound is great.  They don't seem to be missing the CD guys, which is also good news.  If they all still get on well, how about a co-headlining tour? :cool:

There's only 3 songs on the album that are as good as I hoped they all would be: Deathwalker, Threefold Death and Rebirth. Black Water Dawn almost makes that list, but the guitar solo ruins it imo.

I have to say though, "Deathwalker" is amazing. This one song is already worth the album purchase.

I really can't fault the album.  I'm guessing the clean female vocals are not to everyone's liking, but her voice is gorgeous, and I really love songs like Ambiramus, which really wouldn't be totally out of place in the ESC!  And I have to say it: the "spoken" female vocal parts (I'm not sure which member of the band it is) are as sexy as hell...

Love the extra acoustic versions too:good:

54 minutes ago, Essexboyinwales said:

And I have to say it: the "spoken" female vocal parts (I'm not sure which member of the band it is) are as sexy as hell...

On the song "Trinoxtion" it is former fiddle player Meri Tadic, who spoke this part also on the album "Slania". The rest is spoken by Fabienne, for example "Ancus".

I must say I really like the album. At first I feared that it will be not as heavy as the previous ones, but they surprised me. Songs like "Mine is the Fury", "Worship" and "Threefold Death" are brutal, dark and sinister. I love it! And also the new guitarist Jonas Wolf has brought some new vibes like djents, solos and metalcore-elements, which are integrated well in the folk sound. Eluveitie sounds now a bit more "fresh" and evolved than on "Origins" (which I still enjoy very much, but it brought nothing new at all).

I love the new album and I think it might just be their best one in a very long time. As someone entirely put off by the cheesier Call of the mountains-style tracks, seeing them not only step a bit away from that, but also use a darker and more serious sound makes me very happy. Threefold death is excellent, and Eclipse quietly echoing the main melody of Rebirth is an underrated gem. It's great to see them changing and evolving and bringing new layers to their sound. And I couldn't be happier with Fabienne, she kept exactly the parts of Anna that suited the band so well and discarded the ones that I didn't like. 

The album still hasn't really clicked on me but I still find their new lineup better, Fabienne especially is amazing. I really liked Evocation II and also saw them live on that tour, it was good although the sound live was bad. That venue always has bad sound though. At least the new album has a better production than Origins, not as thin and compressed. Still it feels too long and many of the songs sound familiar.