Sign in to follow this  
Moon Willow

Lacuna Coil

170 posts in this topic

@stargazer yes they are touring http://www.lacunacoil.it/tourdates/ :clap: I think this new album is a lot more stronger and heaver then shallow life I think that album was their weakest album so fare and it was sooooooooooo American album and linkin park ish no wonder it was 16 on billboard chart but come on how did we know Lacuna coil ? by songs like heaven 's lie and swamped witch led us to comalies their best perfect album it was sooooo dark and sad and more progressive and that the lacuna coil im longing for and kind of I Have found that in this new album in such songs like trip the darkness and kill the light oh then im alive again even though this album has some touch from shallow life but still away from it my five songs are Intoxicated :music: give me something more it remind me a lot of unleashed memories :wub: and end of time and for sure trip the darkness but I did not like the cover song at all maybe I should hear it more to get it in my heart :happy:

and I like a lot the of the new images of the album too

lacunacoil2011new.jpg

Lacuna-Coil.jpg

LacunaCoil2011.jpg

Much better then this :yes:

up-lacuna_coilLG.jpg

Edited by HooPee
No posting in other colours, thanks!

sure ,they are pro !

I heard "comalies "and " karmacode" ,amazing , I guess 6 years ago , last year I heard "shallow life" ,that was awesome and suits my rock taste . the last album "dark adrenaline ,wasn't that good comparing to "shallow life" .

it's really an amazing band ,I like all their albums ,with no exceptions.

without Andrea ,personally ,I bet that band wouldn't have know such such through out these years (from 1996 till now) .

Cristina without Andrea :unsure: , by herself just like amy lee by ,the evanescense singer. I dare say ,I used to love evanescense in her first beginnings but I ended to forget her , and not listen to her anymore cuz her songs becoming more boring and doesn't rock me anymore . I guess I would have done the same with cristina if Andrea wasn't with her.

yeah ,his voice wasn't that convincing to rock you enough ! in contrast in in heaven's a lie song.

Posts merged.

Edited by HooPee

^Hey, Clupe, just a heads-up: the rules here say that you should try not to double-post. There's a button at the top of your posts that says 'Edit'...it's your friend. :)

As for Lacuna Coil...my partner used to really like them, but I've listened to some stuff from the new album and it is just terrible, IMO. The lyrics are horribly written, the music is generic, and the only redeeming quality might be Cristina's voice. She is good, but that male singer they have is, and always has been to my recollection, horrible. I don't know how he's kept a job as a vocalist all these years...just have him play, stick to what you're good at. :giggle:

I really don't care for their newer stuff. :unsure: I bought Comalies because of Swamped which I heard in my moment of glory after first beating Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. They're not my favorite, but their old stuff I like well enough, mainly because it's always nice to have a fellow contralto to sing with. :giggle: I'd give myself a hernia trying to match Tarja.

Lacuna coil are my all time favourite band! Im seeing them in norwich in october and am quite excited!!

All their albums are fantastic in their own way, especially unleashed memories.

I can understand how nightwish fans might not like them though...they are not to technical...just beautiful a d haunting

I've been a fan of Lacuna Coil longer than NW, actually. Discovered them in 2004, after getting into Evanescence and then being introduced to some other great bands (Epica and LC at the time).

I've seen them in concert 4 times and met them 3 times. Cristina is SO nice! Love that woman :).

My favorite album of theirs is Comalies, closely followed by In A Reverie, Unleashed Memories, and Lacuna Coil. Karmacode grew on me and I really enjoy that now too. And I like Dark Adrenaline much better than Shallow Life (although some select songs on Shallow Life are good, such as Wide Awake, Unchained, and Shallow Life).

Got to see them on the Dark Legacy Tour around the US, and it was the most amazing thing ever! They played so many great, old songs, and the acoustic set. It made me appreciate this band even more to put together a 23 song setlist for every show, for all the fans. Even if they didn't particularly have fun playing some older songs, they did it for us (and I talked to Marco before the show and he said himself he gets bored with the old songs, lol).

I LOVE UNCHAINED! My favourite album is either Unleashed Memories or Karmacode. But in all honesty, I love them all pretty much equally. For some reason In A Reverie is my least favourite...but that's possibly because I love the debut EP and I find it a little to similar in feel to The Gatherings Mandylion...but I adore them...I've played them to death and yet I still keep coming back to them...the new album is brilliant and I look forward to future releases...however I would like them to experiment more with their sound...another album like DA and it's gonna be like they are lost in A formula...I would love an acoustic EP of new songs...

Unchained is a great song :).

I think an acoustic EP is a great idea! I could see them doing it. I wish they'd record a DVD of the Dark Legacy Tour. That would be amazing, and I think better than Virtual Karma. Because there are better songs, and it's more intimate, in a club setting, with all LC fans ;).

Could not agree more..and some vintage recordings would be nice to. Even if they are poor quality, it would show how far they have come, and there was a certain way they used to perform that we no longer see...

I think their next album has potential to be amazing...DA feels like a test run for something BIG!

Well well WELL! A Lacuna Coil thread! I had not noticed it sooner! Shame on me...

I've loved this band even longer than Nightwish, but I was a very little girl when I started listening to them :P All the same I was entranced. Unleashed Memories is still a masterpiece of an album--so rich, so atmospheric, it pulls you away to another place. And of course Cristina Scabbia is one unbelievably HOT woman...but that is neither here nor there... :whistle:

Has anyone ever figured out the meaning to 1.19?? :scratchhead: Back in the day it was such a mystery and the band refused to talk about it...

The band refuse to reveal its meaning...but it is related to the distance between one place and another...but that's all, we know nothing else! I love the mystery behind that song!

I got into this group about the same time I discovered Nightwish, first album I got was "Comalies". "In a Reverie" I tried to get into, but it just didn't stick with me, and "Unleashed Memories", I don't know I don't think I allowed that album enough time to grow on me. "Karmacode" got me through a rough period, so that album will have a special place close to my heart. Can't comment on the other albums. I'm really enjoying "Dark Adrenaline". It's more accessible to newer fans, but it is still very much metal, and Cristina sounds fantastic as always. :D

They're definitely one of my bucket list bands. ;)

This has been the MAIN reason why I became a fan of metal music. This band introduces me to Within Temptation, Epica, Theatre of Tragedy and many more metal bands.

Lacuna Coil just aren't like any other female fronted metal band. The closest is The Gathering, but even then only the early years. I like bands like within temptation and nightwish, but I can't say its because they are in the same vein as lacuna. Lacuna have more in common with bands like Paradise Lost and maybe of late various american bands. I am playing songs right now like Falling Again and Fragile. No one else on earth could have written these songs, not one.

O my days, I would struggle to survive without my beloved Lacuna Coil.

Karmacode is just...heavenly...but I couldn't be without any of them!

Lacuna Coil was with Theatre Of Tragedy and Nightwish the first "gothic" metal band that I listened to in the late 90's. Since Karmacode they kinda lost me and their simple pop structured songs started to annoy me more and more.

I always sensed a strong melodic vibe in their music. My Wings...Cold Heritage...Senzafine...Unspoken...Stars...I love the new stuff, but I would appreciate it if they went for a less mainstream producer. Don Gilmore hasn't ruined Lacuna, but I think he has had his day I the sun.

I really like Comalies a lot, I've started with this album btw. It's my favorite and yet somehow the start of their commercial(?) release.

Karmacode was a bit like Comalies but with a different approach. Unleashed Memories, Halflife and Reverie are unique in every ways, IMO. For me, Unleashed Memories was their way best release so far!

My favorite album is still Comalies. After that I think it's In A Reverie, then Unleashed Memories. I didn't like Karmacode for a long time, but now it's one of my favorites.

Dark Adrenaline is a great album. I just had to really give it a chance. And the songs work amazing live.

I'm positively surprised by this song. I didn't like neither shallow life nor dark adrenaline, but I have to admit that this song sounds nice.

Yeah I like it too, it has grown on me quite a bit after a few listens. I agree Shallow Life was disappointing but I actually quite liked Dark Adrenaline. Seen them live a couple of times, thought they were really good.

Surprisingly good. Reminds me of Karmacode mixed with their earlier releases (Halflife or In A Reverie). Never liked Shallow Life that much and I thought Dark Adrenaline was so-so. Let's see if this new album would surprise me. :)

I love everything they have ever done, and I absolutely love this new album era so far! I have heard NSIOW, Die and Rise and also I Forgive (But Won't Forget Your Name), and I love them all!

I adore Shallow Life and Dark Adrenaline as much as all the early stuff, so this suits me fine.

There was a special vinyl release in US record stores this week. An early release of "Broken Crown Halo" and I was lucky enough to find one at a local store.

The new album is a fantastic album!! I agree with the review from EmptySpiral (http://www.emptyspiral.net/reviews/broken-crown-halo/) that it's a bit of a mix of "Karmacode," "Comalies," and "Unleashed Memories." Of course much more of "Karmacode" with their more current sound, than the other two albums. But, it feels as if they "found" themselves again. The album is very solid and very "Lacuna Coil." If you were a fan of "In A Reverie," and "Unleashed Memories" and hoped for a return to that sound, unfortunately I do not think that will ever happen (just as Within Temptation will never return to "Mother Earth" or "Enter"), but. the new album is certainly worth the money in my opinion and I hope most LC fans aren't disappointed! :D