Sign in to follow this  
Moon Willow

Lacuna Coil

193 posts in this topic

I love the new album. Sounds like their old stuff. Like it more than Dark Adrenaline & Shallow Life  to be honest.

The album is now officially out!! I highly recommend it for fans who did not like "Dark Adrenaline" and "Shallow Life." It harkens back to their original sound more with a mix of their newer sound. I have been playing it since I got it :D.

I finally started listening to Broken Crown Halo (bought it on Tuesday). I love it so far. I can't wait to get out of work so I can listen to the rest of it.

I love Comalies. I think Comalies is one of the best recordings I own, but I don't know much about the rest of their work. I love the single "Trip the Darkness" from Dark Adrenaline. Should I go see them at the Rex Theater in Pittsburgh?

I just got the album and listening to it now. I like what I'm hearing so far.. I think this will pull me back to them after the last 2 records.

Comalies is also my favorite LC album, and the first album I had! All their earlier releases are also my favorite especially Halflife & Lacuna Coil EP.

EDIT: Just had the first listening to the new album and I must say that I find it an enjoyable album and a good one for those who liked their last 2 albums.

Dark Adrenaline sounds better than Shallow Life but this one's like a perfect mixture of Dark Adrenaline & Karmacode plus few backdrops from their previous albums.

Songs that I like so far: Zombies, Hostage to the Light, I Burn In You & One Cold Day.

Victims could be a good song, but somehow I was turned off with the bridge part (semi-rap lines by Cristina).
Edited by roestseel

My rankings for Lacuna Coils albums are like this:

1. Karmacode -10/10
2. Unleashed Memories- 9.5/10
3. Dark Adrenaline- 9/10
4. Comalies- 9/10
5. In A Reverie- 9/10
6. Broken Crown Halo- 9/10
7. Lacuna Coil EP- 8/10
8. Halflife EP- 8/10
9. Shallow Life- 7.5/10

Lacuna Coil are my all time favourite band!

I've been told Unleashed Memories is very good. Would you agree?

Despite a few issues with the thin production (they didn't have the same budget then that they do now), Unleashed Memories is one of the most beautiful albums I have ever heard.

Posts merged. Please use edit-function when latest post is less than two weeks old. -HooPee-

Thanks Laputa! I will try to remember your posting is here when I order my next Lacuna Coil album. I don't know them as well as you do (they are your favourite band). Lots of people I have asked say "Unleashed Memories" is a great record. "Comalies" does not have any bad songs on it. Your top three ranking is very interesting to me because I do love the female singers voice. I would likely enjoy all three albums.

Thanks Laputa! I will try to remember your posting is here when I order my next Lacuna Coil album. I don't know them as well as you do (they are your favourite band). Lots of people I have asked say "Unleashed Memories" is a great record. "Comalies" does not have any bad songs on it. Your top three ranking is very interesting to me because I do love the female singers voice. I would likely enjoy all three albums.

the list is my opinion only! For some reason,, Karmacode gets a lot of hate but I adore the eastern vocal inflections of Scabbia and I love all the songs soooo much! Unleashed Memories and Comalies are brilliant as well. Have fun selecting their music! Don't listen to naysayers, make your own judgement.

I can see you like Karmacode best. If I like Unleashed Memories, I will have to remember your post. Since I do love the sound of Scabbia's voice, I might like all of their work.

I can see you like Karmacode best. If I like Unleashed Memories, I will have to remember your post. Since I do love the sound of Scabbia's voice, I might like all of their work.

If you love her voice, Karmacode features her at her most exotic and powerful. Broken Crown Halo, the latest, is another good place to start.

Okay after a more decent listen, I now find Dark adrenaline much enjoyable than the new record. But then, at least, the new record has some flavors of Karmacode and previous releases. "One Cold day" keeps on playing in my head.

The "Trip The Darkness" video is an obsession of mine. Love the lyrics. Love the cats too!

Me too, Laputa! I still have to make a final ranking on my LC stuff! DA is still battling with KC.

1. Comalies

2. Unleashed memories

3. In a reverie

4. Karmacode vs Dark adrenaline

5. Lacuna Coil EP + Halflife E

6. Broken crown halo

7. Shallow Life

Did buy the new album, hasn't blown me away TBH. Would have liked to see them try something a little different but it sounds just like all of their other stuff to me. I don't dislike it, just think it's rather average.

A new video is out! I love it! :D

Ok...I adore every song on the new album...but for some reason I Forgive is my favourite! It just sounds perfect. But I cannot really find any major faults with BHC, the first since Karmacode!

Still my favourite band, alongside Rush.

Bump! :P

Is anyone else going to the Dead & Rising tour?  I'm going!
Also, "Black Crown Halo" is probably their best album since "Karmacode", though I do enjoy "Dark Adrenaline" personally.  Actually, the only LC album I genuinely, truly dislike is "Shallow Life"...  DA was a grower, SL gets worse every time I give it another try.

I'm going to see them in Bristol, UK on Halloween. Very excited!

Broken Crown Halo is really growing on me - I wasn't too sure about it at first, but I would agree it probably is their best since Karmacode for me as well.

Hapfairy: How was the show in Bristol? I'm gonna see them next week in Cologne and I'm really excited! :)