Sign in to follow this  
Moon Willow

Lacuna Coil

170 posts in this topic

I like old albums... 

From EP1998 until Comalies 2002.

I miss that style... But music has changed, generally.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, PoorYorick said:

I like old albums... 

From EP1998 until Comalies 2002.

I miss that style... But music has changed, generally.

I miss it too. I love Comalies, and also some of the earlier softer and more melancholic music.  The music that Lacuna Coil nowadays makes is awesome, but you're right, music has changed. Noone makes anymore what bands were making back then. We can only treasure the albums from that time.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:42 PM, NighttimeBird said:

I miss it too. I love Comalies, and also some of the earlier softer and more melancholic music.  The music that Lacuna Coil nowadays makes is awesome, but you're right, music has changed. Noone makes anymore what bands were making back then. We can only treasure the albums from that time.

I think Broken Crown Halo is pretty darn good! I believe 'One Cold Day' takes you back to the old style...maybe not totally...but close. Cristina is so good on that song...using her powerful voice...she has in abundant power. I'm a big fan though...very biased.

When they will release their new album?? Seems like thwy don't thinking about it at all and care more about the shows/tour sadly becoming only a tour band ....

OMG - I just bought "Delirium" today (when I was a teenager I started to get interested in them and bought their best of album (which I loved)) but I somehow lost track and didn't care about them anymore... I have to admit, I love their "new sound". They do sound a bit heavier nowadays, don't they? - They remind me of a Korn/Evanescene hybrid somehow whilst listening to "Delirium". I love the growls, the bass-driven sound and they sound.. dunno.. a bit "more aggressive"? - So different to the two previous albums! - I am already impressed!

5 hours ago, Mainshow said:

They remind me of a Korn/Evanescene hybrid somehow whilst listening to "Delirium". 

Totally agree. "Blood, Tears, Dust" always takes me to the old Korn style. "House of Shame" reminds me of Slipknot in some parts. And "Downfall" in certain parts reminds me of LP/Ev. But yeah, I also love the overall sound, but mostly aesthetics. Loved the outfits they used for the tour and the whole concept of the album.

As it's not available in my country, I got my copy in Europe last month, I was extremly happy when I opened it for the first time :) just like when I listened to it on Spotify 2 years ago.

I'm quite the opposite...

I, to be honest, didn't like the new record though Dark Adrenaline was a lot better than BCH and Delirium. 

I still prefer the early sound though, that lasted until Comalies. I liked all the songs until that album.

Karmacode is still good for me, but totally lost it with Shallow Life. 

Dark Adrenaline was IMO much better, but I felt like BCH and Delirium is too repetitive for me.

I really don't like the new outfit. I don't get it either, to be honest. I mean, it's a satanic priest black metal look? I might not know every Lacuna Coil song (don't have all the albums), but I'm pretty sure there are no satanic black metal songs. So what's this outfit about??

The circus thing is also very creepy!

4 minutes ago, NighttimeBird said:

I really don't like the new outfit. I don't get it either, to be honest. I mean, it's a satanic priest black metal look? I might not know every Lacuna Coil song (don't have all the albums), but I'm pretty sure there are no satanic black metal songs. So what's this outfit about??

I don’t see anything satanic-priest-black Metal about it :P

Just the normal goth-whatever outfit. I think it’s mostly related to their older discography but I don’t think it means something. And its my favourite look of theirs. Cristina looks awesome!

32 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

I don’t see anything satanic-priest-black Metal about it :P

Just the normal goth-whatever outfit. I think it’s mostly related to their older discography but I don’t think it means something. And its my favourite look of theirs. Cristina looks awesome!

corpse paint and inverted crosses don't seem like "normal goth-whatever" to me...

They do to me :P

They always had a more dark/thrillery aesthetic. Especially in the last few years. Their Delirium stage outfits were full of “blood” and tears and stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

They do to me :P

They always had a more dark/thrillery aesthetic. Especially in the last few years. Their Delirium stage outfits were full of “blood” and tears and stuff. 

Yeah, but that was appropriate and very fitting with the album

My 1.19 Blu-Ray arrived yesterday, and  wow what a show! I was very sad I couldn't make it out for the show earlier this year, but, am happy to have it on DVD to watch forever. They really pulled-out the stops, and created a setlist that is phenomenal. I highly suggest picking this up if you're a big LC fan :) .