Sign in to follow this  
Moon Willow

Lacuna Coil

229 posts in this topic

Hmm, can't say I like this one much. I mean, I don't dislike it, I just don't really care. Forgettable song imo.

33 minutes ago, NighttimeBird said:

I mean, I don't dislike it, I just don't really care. Forgettable song imo.

Agree!!

4 hours ago, crypt said:

The video fits Friday 13th :D Sounds really interesting! Maybe it's just me but the guitars are giving me some Korn-Vibes :D

I'm getting the Korn vibes since their former record. And I love it.

Enjoyed Layers of Time but really, really dig Reckless. Delirium was one of my favourite albums and I'm so hyped for this upcoming one too. I hope they tour Australia again because I'll definitely go and watch them again. 

I love this song & the video is so good. Finger nails scene not withstanding.

I think this may be the first LC I actually get into. I mean, I've always liked them by playing random tracks but I've never been a huge fan, but this & Layers of Time seem really promising.

I also love the high notes Cristina hits in this song.

I can't believe that we are finally getting a new album by Lacuna Coil tomorrow! I pre-ordered it earlier this week...hopefully, I will get it by the end of tomorrow, can't wait! 

Already released here. Wow! I really enjoyed this album, moreso than Delerium. Although I'm still not a fan of their ballad-type songs. They're forgettable to me.

Favourites Sword of Anger, Layers of Time, Reckless, Now or Never, Under the Surface and Save Me. Anima Nera was a nice intro too.

I am absolutely blown away by "Veneficium". Unbelievable, did not expect that from Lacuna Coil. Also, I've only listened to about half the album, so I look forward to finding any other potential gems :)

Edit: Sword of Anger is definitely another favorite of mine!

I'm listening to it for the third time and I already like it much more than the first. I'm not a huge fan of the mix, Cristina's vocals seem buried at times. Also, she uses her "nasal" voice much more this time around I think and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Let's see how it will grow on me.

"Anima Nera" almost reminds me of The Birthday Massacre for some reason.  I have no idea, perhaps there's something wrong with my ears.  In any case, it's a pretty good intro and certainly sets the mood for the rest of the album quite well.  "Veneficium", "Under the Surface", the title track and "The End Is All I Can See" are currently my favorites.  Gonna have to listen to this even more, as I really enjoyed it!

Also, my preorder is apparently not gonna be here until the 15th, according to the Century Media site.  I want my book and tarot cards, dammit. :P 

1 hour ago, Werewolf said:

"Anima Nera" almost reminds me of The Birthday Massacre for some reason.  I have no idea, perhaps there's something wrong with my ears.  In any case, it's a pretty good intro and certainly sets the mood for the rest of the album quite well.  "Veneficium", "Under the Surface", the title track and "The End Is All I Can See" are currently my favorites.  Gonna have to listen to this even more, as I really enjoyed it!

Also, my preorder is apparently not gonna be here until the 15th, according to the Century Media site.  I want my book and tarot cards, dammit. :P 

I went to my favorite CD store and apparently, my pre-order didn't arrive either. They had the standard version in stock but I decided to not buy it and listen to the new tracks. Gonna wait (even though it's hard). 

At least, I'm glad you guys seem to enjoy the new record! 

My favourite band, I am blown away by Black Anima! My album of the year.

OMG I can't with the thong she got from the claw machine :P

Absolutely LOVE this album. I feel like it's a more mature version of "Delirium" with some surprises in there. My favorite song is definitely "Veneficium" by far. Cristina really experimented with her vocals on this album, and she sounds amazing. I hope she will continue to explore her talents moving ahead. I feel like this album needs more listens to truly sink-in, but, I love it with the several listens so far.

Aaaand it happened! I love this album! I liked it at the first listen, but I was quite overwhelmed tbh. I don't know why I expected to immeditaly like it, it took me months to get into Delirium (although, I wasn't really an LC fan back then). i really like all songs now. My favourites are Anime Nera, Sword of Anger, Veneficium, Now or Never, Save Me and Black Anima. Lol! I am still not a huge fan of the mixing though. It sounds very muddy.  But I love the overall darkness of the album and how heavy it is! I hope I get to seem them live again this tour!

I finally got my limited 2 discs edition of the album and I'm blown away. The tarot cards look flawless and so fierce! I don't know what's their purpose but they look amazing! :D 

I prefer Lacuna Coil's darker and heavier tracks in general and since "Black Anima" seems to be their heaviest album to date, I'm blown away. 

Why has anonye mentioned the amazing album opener yet? It's one of the best intros I've ever heard, tbh. It's eerie, seductive, captivating and makes you feel like you are getting obsessed by purely listening to it. 

Some parts of the album sounds almost Korn-esque, especially "Sword of Anger" whilst other tracks sound kinda "experimental" or modern. I really believe that Lacuna Coil are shaping the sound of Metal in the present.

My favourite tracks so far are:
- Sword of Anger
- Reckless
- Veneficium 
- Black Dried Up Heart

5 hours ago, Mainshow said:

The tarot cards look flawless and so fierce! I don't know what's their purpose but they look amazing!

You lucky bastard :D They're supposed to be connected to each song, if I've read correctly some weeks ago.

As days go by, I'm loving this album so so much. Everything looks so awesome. I can't get over Reckless official video (and I've got that chrous stuck in my mind for days).

13 hours ago, Mainshow said:

Why has anonye mentioned the amazing album opener yet? It's one of the best intros I've ever heard, tbh. It's eerie, seductive, captivating and makes you feel like you are getting obsessed by purely listening to it.

I agree! It's too good. I actually hated it a bit initially because it was stuck in my head for days :laugh:

This adorable picture is also interesting. Is it too much to hope for a collaboration? That would be beyond awesome! One can dream...

75220624_10156180137571706_5379729473505591296_o.jpg