*Dandelion*

Anette Olzon

2,475 posts in this topic

And also this one..

I like Invincible of all her solo songs..

Floating seemed to be a cool song also..

I\m no so sure about it, I don't think I like Falling very much, her vocal just sounds stretchy at some points which is irritating. Invincible sounds more soothing to my ears

Uhm, I like the music but the vocal lines not really. I actually don't like this particular performance much, at the second listen. There's something off putting about the way music and voice mix, I can't really put my finger on what it is, though. And I agree about the Evanescence-ish genre and about the nasality.

It's a nice track but it absolutely lacks something, but I don't know what, maybe some interesting rhythm.

agree, It feels like the mix is not well-blended, things are disconnected and her voice was sunken in the middle of bombastic instruments

Invincible: I rather like it, the tempo is nice. I am not a vocal expert so I am blissfully ignorant to whatever issues she may have in this track. If anyone here likes the closing themes to Inuyasha, I can say that it feels like one of those, that deeply beautiful mood those songs produce.

Floating: This is the Anette I love, sprite-like and jaunty, it's her element. I also enjoy the fantasy synth feel of the melody. Pretty and whimsical.

This will likely be my soundtrack while sitting outside in the humid high-noon of summer, amongst the flanger of the local Japanese beetles. If the rest of the album is like this, I would buy it just for the sound of these two tracks. All three Nightwish ladies have strong solo work, which is fantastic, I love it so much.

I swear I could not tell this and every Eurovision mid-tempo ballad-style song apart. Sorry, I find it absolutely... neutral. Nothing. I know that nothing does not mean bad, and I am not saying this is bad. This is neutral, which is worse for me. Nothing interesting, nothing special, I can't even remember the melody after listening to it.

And a bad choice for a first sample of her new work. I expect more songs to judge her.

^ This makes me glad that I don't know Eurovision very well or have burned out on that style of music. I would probably feel the same if I had. To me this is fresh in contrast to the rubbish that is popular here in The States.

Honestly, this track, no matter how insignificant to my ears, is times better than 99% of the stuff Eurovision has been putting out in the last 10 years. Trust me, I follow it every year. 

Well I mean if you're going up against lazy songwriting and nonsensical lyrics a la Grenade from Bruno Mars, yeah you can pretty much only win (and Eurovision songwriting is even more lazy because of the hillarious time limit) :P But we don't want to lower our standards quite that much I think. 

To me it's comparable to pop-music in this sense though: It comes down to the voice. It's not that much about songwriting. If you love her voice you will love those songs I think, and if you don't then I guess there is not much else there. I recently like Taylor Swift a lot, but if it were someone else singing I think I wouldn't like her songs nearly as much. It's very singer-centric. To me those songs by Annette fall into the same category. I don't think I would like "Falling" at all if you just played me the melody, but her singing it? I like it.

Aawww didn´t like it at all :( I was imagine something different but no. I guess I´ll have to wait and listen the whole album to give her another shot :)

I truly liked it ,her worm voice is stills giving me chills ,Im so looking foreword to get shine in my hands ,I hope the other songs are cute as this song <3 

You know what? The mix sounds off but maybe that's due to the low quality of the clip, but the vocals really sound like they're from a 1-take demo. And IMHO the music is too bombastic to suit the melody. I think it would really benefit from a different arrangment (this one is also kinda monotonous, but I like the intro part). I admit I'm on the boat of the midtempo haterz.

her worm voice

That little typo was so deliciously cute that made me giggle. Btw, seriously, it doesn't really sound like her. Not that much. She sounds younger, I think.

I like Falling too, I suppose am weird or something. I can see where it could appear to be generic, but again, this is way better than the local pop stations. Also, it is Anette, sue me for being singer-centric.  :P

Listened falling clip. Awful mixing, drums esprcially are really bad. Something else is bothering me also... Feels like everything is just glued together, layer by layer and then everything is brought right up in front of your face. Song itself was pretty decent, modern AOR - can't really taste it or smell it, but it does not bother you that much either. I believe it will get plenty of radiomair time (in scandinavia).

Agreed for the mixing part. It's really "special". ;) Reverb all over the place to no end, pretty hard to sing that one live. :D

Why does this song reminds of a very, very slow Nightwish Sahara version? (I can clearly imagine some slow hep, hep, hep, too  :P ) All in all: This song, not my cup of tea. :)

even though she is not that young but always her voice seemed young to me through nightwish songs or her coming solo album I think her voice will melt the winter storm ,,, sooooooo yehhh we will listen to my spring storm <3   XD

her worm voice

That little typo was so deliciously cute that made me giggle. Btw, seriously, it doesn't really sound like her. Not that much. She sounds younger, I think.

Didn't she say she has been working on this songs since 2009? If that is the case then i am very disapointed..i mean it's 2013,..or maybe i expected too much...Eurovision song contest hello ;)

even though she is not that young but always her voice seemed young to me through nightwish songs or her coming solo album I think her voice will melt the winter storm ,,, sooooooo yehhh we will listen to my spring storm <3   XD

her worm voice

I cannot say that Tarja's Winter Storm can truly be melted, but I will say that I already like these songs over a lot of stuff from What Lies Beneath.

I think it's ok. Not brilliant, but decent enough for her (I'm saying that because the previous demo songs were incredibly cheesy and meh-ish, at least I'm gonna remember this one tomorrow. The other two, I just listened and I don't remember a single note).

After 2 days I only remember the end line of the chorus "I'm falling withooout". As I said, the melody works even though it's nothing too original, it's a pretty melody, is the arrangement (and the terrible, terrrrrible mixing) that kills it for me. It also sounds half produced, imho there's a huge difference in quality between the intro and the chorus. At 99% it's not even Anette's fault .

mid-tempo songs like this one makes my head weary, cause it sounds like the melody was stretched a mile 

her worm voice

I cannot say that Tarja's Winter Storm can truly be melted, but I will say that I already like these songs over a lot of stuff from What Lies Beneath.

I totally agree (Y)