*Dandelion*

Anette Olzon

2,475 posts in this topic

here's the official one, sounds much clearer, much better, and I guess It's growing on me a bit, just still annoying when she sing "holdin" 

Well, what a surprise... :rolleyes:

"Rocky" pop, a rather bland song, basically just a background for the vocals. Lyrics don't really stand out either, at times they seem even bit random...

Shadow distant whisper

No one hear or feel my fear

Cursing those who took my heart

Knowing magic happens

Faith, cross, angels coming

Take me home, make me whole again

Right? :blink:

Also, it's a lyric video, so it's bit annoying that the lyrics aren't clearly visible from the background all the time. And there's mostly only one word of the lyrics displayed at a time, which is bit odd too.

So yeah, the song offers very little other than Anette's voice. If you like her voice, and that's enough for you, I suppose you'll like the song (and the album, if this song is any indicator)... If not, then, tough luck, I guess. :dunno:

I like it! But I'll be waiting for other songs.. I'm sure there are more pretty interesting songs in the album.

Well, what a surprise... :rolleyes:

"Rocky" pop, a rather bland song, basically just a background for the vocals. Lyrics don't really stand out either, at times they seem even bit random...

Shadow distant whisper

No one hear or feel my fear

Cursing those who took my heart

Knowing magic happens

Faith, cross, angels coming

Take me home, make me whole again

Right? :blink:

Also, it's a lyric video, so it's bit annoying that the lyrics aren't clearly visible from the background all the time. And there's mostly only one word of the lyrics displayed at a time, which is bit odd too.

So yeah, the song offers very little other than Anette's voice. If you like her voice, and that's enough for you, I suppose you'll like the song (and the album, if this song is any indicator)... If not, then, tough luck, I guess. :dunno:

Looking at those lyrics makes me think she learned something in her time with Nightwish after all :P  But I kind of view lyrics as a bonus in metal. Unless it's a concept album.

Looking at those lyrics makes me think she learned something in her time with Nightwish after all :P  But I kind of view lyrics as a bonus in metal. Unless it's a concept album.

Take me home? Nightwish lyrics tend to be more sensible imo.

And that's the problem exactly - this isn't metal. There isn't basically anything else than her vocals in this song, so the lyrics become more important. With a good and/or somehow musically interesting song the lyrics don't matter so much - sometimes even at all. But if both music and lyrics are pointless, the end result isn't probably very memorable.

I like the song a lot, a haunting melody. It's not a big masterpiece or something, but it serves the purpose. However, I still like Invincible more, vocals there are special.

I'm really not liking Falling on first listen. I honestly feel that this is even a poor vocal performance by her. The song itself might be good even if the production were better... I hate to say this but the whole thing just sounds amateur to me!

I agree with cursarion on the lyric video part, it's annoying that the lyrics just appeared word by word and thanks for showing me the full ones or I just won't be able to get what the song is talking about, and I also agree with calinn on the mixing part, sounds amateurish at some points, to me the song is good if it's more well-arranged, it'd be more memorable

The song is sooo great, I liked it a lot, I definitely will follow Anette's career :D

The song is OK, IMO. I found it a little bit bland and unmemorable, and it's not one of her better vocal performances, but it's certainly not terrible. I'm quite interested to hear finished versions of Floating and Invincible, as I found them to be a little more interesting, albeit a lot lighter and slower.

I'll certainly check out Anette's solo stuff, though, I'm not expecting miracles from her first outing as a solo artist- it'll be interesting to see where she goes with her career.

I was really hoping to like Anette´s first single and although I can kind of see what they were trying to achieve with this song, the song just isn´t strong enough. It is not bad but not strong enough to be a first single either. The song sounds a bit dated and it might as well be an Alyson Avenue song. I think it is the production, isn´t the AA guy involved in producing it? Somehow this song has that same 80s vibe to it.

In addition to making the songs sound more fresh and modern, they should utilize Anette´s voice better. For example that Swallow the Sun is a great song and Anette´s voice sounds amazing. Hopefully this will not be another case of "great potential but lacks good song-writing" as somebody already mentioned. Good luck to her, hopefully the album will have some nice surprises!

At first I thought it was an interesting song but after listening to it a few times I'm rather disappointed... uninspired and a bit repetitive. Still I'll give Anette's album a fair chance and reserve judgment.

She has posted an interview in her blog.

http://www.menaiset.fi/artikkeli/ajankohtaista/ihmiset/nightwishista_erotettu_anette_olzon_bandin_pojat_paattivat_puolestani_kaiken_1

Could someone translate it or point out the most important parts? :thankyou:

Oh, no!

Now Anette has started the dirty laundry washing concerning Nightwish. She makes incredible statements, e.g. in financial issues. I won't translate Anette's interview but probably someone will do it.

I have tried to read it using Translator Google but I can't understand most of the things in this interview. I don't want to rely also on Translator cause it translates word by word and not the whole sentence, and at the same time, it could have a different meaning.

E.g.

Anette Olzon though he had a dream washed vocalist of Nightwish

I was like seriously, washed!?

Well I knew there were Nightwish related questions since it's an interview for a Finnish magazine and Anette would state her point of view of what happened. My intention wasn't to cause any drama by asking someone for a translation. But thank you for the replies :)

I hate using Gloogle Translator coz it makes it even harder to make heads or tails of what's been written.

^ Yes, she is entitled for her own opinion on the issue, but I think numbers about financial matters shouldn't be publicized. I believe this interview happened a long time ago!?

Edited by roestseel