*Dandelion*

Anette Olzon

2,464 posts in this topic

Can't say I didn't like the song. It is pretty decent, but still.. wouldn't call it a triumphant comeback or anything like that. Hopefully the album as a whole will be much more interesting, cause I do miss Anette's voice a lot.

As for the possible live shows, I must say I quite agree with what Symphoniker implied. We all know Anette isn't used to touring, no matter how much of it she had experienced with NW. She might have fun for the first 2 shows and then boom, and she complaints about hotel's beds and how she misses her kids and how incompetent show promoters are etc. And to make the tour profitable an artist needs to perform intensively, otherwise it's just a huge loss of money and efforts, unfortunately.

It's just about her fickle character and attitude, I think. We've witnessed countless examples of her changing opinions and first being all cheerful and then throwing a tantrum while she was in NW. She keeps doing so nowadays too, just recently she posted smth like 'some guys at work f*cked up the schedule, and I didn't get enough sleep. Made me think if I chose the right job".  Anette never changes :)

On 8/30/2017 at 0:56 AM, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

I'm sorry, am I the only one noticing how much it sounds like After Forever?

Hmm it sounds nothing like After Forever. But it is really close to Battle Beast's Touch in the Night

3 hours ago, Hevein said:

Can't say I didn't like the song. It is pretty decent, but still.. wouldn't call it a triumphant comeback or anything like that. Hopefully the album as a whole will be much more interesting, cause I do miss Anette's voice a lot.

As for the possible live shows, I must say I quite agree with what Symphoniker implied. We all know Anette isn't used to touring, no matter how much of it she had experienced with NW. She might have fun for the first 2 shows and then boom, and she complaints about hotel's beds and how she misses her kids and how incompetent show promoters are etc. And to make the tour profitable an artist needs to perform intensively, otherwise it's just a huge loss of money and efforts, unfortunately.

It's just about her fickle character and attitude, I think. We've witnessed countless examples of her changing opinions and first being all cheerful and then throwing a tantrum while she was in NW. She keeps doing so nowadays too, just recently she posted smth like 'some guys at work f*cked up the schedule, and I didn't get enough sleep. Made me think if I chose the right job".  Anette never changes :)

THANK YOU! I can't believe the hyprocrisy of most people around here. You read around this thread and will find people complaining exactly about the things I said. I did not say anything offensive. I just stated what we all know. I did not say that she sucks at singing or that she's a mediocre singer. I simply said that she's not made for touring. Something even Anette herself admitted to. And most people try to justify this fact by saying "This was 5 years ago, this was only with Nightwish" Yeah, but has she ever toured again? She tried to and failed. So I REALLY doubt things haver changed for herself regarding that aspect.

And yes. The song is good. But it's not a masterpiece. It's justa that because it's Anette, who hasn't done high quality metal since leaving NW, so people were not expecting much from her, so the expectations were rather low, and therefore a "Good" song becomes awesome. It's like a student who constantly gets average results, and suddenly gets a good grade. People are gonna be surprised,even congratulate him.  

And the fact that the song isn't anything outstanding is proven by exactly the way people are saying how much it reminds them of other bands. It's nothing that hasn't done before. Don't get me wrong. It's good, but not awesome.

Still, if they ever tour, and if the setlist consists of SA and NW songs, I'll be there.

I think Anette should have had a collaboration like this after NW and not have a go with a solo career, which she has mostly herself to blame that it fell apart. 

And indeed, with the exception of the intro of "Dark Element", which has a strong resemblance to some Modern Talking songs I truly hate :bad:, the song is good and really fitting to Anette.

Sounds great but most of these also sound like rumors. I hope they'll start announcing things on the new album in the next couple of months.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:39 AM, Magnus said:

The song is okay. I mostly dislike the lyrics. But I'm glad she found people to work with to release something more worthwhile than her debut album.

Did you (or anyone else here) find the official lyrics to this song? I cannot understand half of the things she sings...

This is what my ears tell me, and I think I've been able to get most of it right!

Verse 1

She lives in me and she lives in you, it is true.

It's in our nature, so let's all burn.

An old ritual, our corruption perpetual.

Flesh is always weak, so let hear speak.

Follow me, your dead heart queen, one more time into the fray.

Chorus

Diligent! Dissonant! Eloquent! The dark element burnt.

In our hearts it always burns.

???! Clinical! Beautiful! The dark element burns.

She's inside of her song. Dark elements!

Verse 2

Don't starve at the feast. The world is yours, give into the beast.

Claim what you deserve. Just let her serve.

A ??? so suitable. Desire irrefutable.

Bridge

Just one life, just one try. So play to win or not at all.

Embrace the dark, let it in your hearts. Take the world, it's all for you!

I'm almost certain it's "A crucible, so suitable."

And where you're hearing "diligent" I hear "primitive."

I thought I heard crucible too actually, but it just seems like such a random word which is why I didn't write it down. In the second part of the chorus I also think it sounds like she's singing pretty-something but every other word has three syllables so I'm not sure about that one either. Don't hear primitive though. Seems to me the first three words definitely all end with -t.

I think it starts:
She lives in me and she lives in you, it is true.
It's in our nature, so let her burn.
An old ritual, our corruption perpetual.
Flesh is always weak, so let hear speak.

Would match better with the rest of the verse. Other than that, I understand nothing. :D

So, I listened to the track many times and tried to decipher everything she says, but I cannot understand the first word of the chorus (I cannot even make a wild guess what she says). And I am also not quite sure about the "flat-like element" part, but this is what I heard the first time and now I cannot un-hear it. :sunny:

The Dark Element

She lives in me
And she lives in you
It is true
It’s in our nature
So let her burn

An old ritual
Our corruption perpetual
Flesh is always weak
So let her speak

Follow me, your dead-heart queen
One more time into the fray

“——————“
Dissonant
Eloquent
Flat-like element (Burnt)
In our hearts it always burns

Primitive
Chemical
Beautiful
Flat-like element (Burnt)
She’s inside of us all
Dark element

Don’t starve at the feast
The world is yours
Give in to the beast
Claim what you deserve
Just let her serve

A crucible so suitable
Desire irrefutable

(Repeat chorus)

Just one life
Just one try
So play to win
Or not at all

Embrace the dark
Let it in your heart
Take the world
It’s all for you

(Repeat chorus)

PS. In Apple Music, usually there are official lyrics for every song they have (provided by the record label most likely), but this one doesn't have any. :(

^ Nice work Magnus & fatality! I still think the mystery word in the chorus is "primitive," though. :P

And as for the "flat-like element" part, when I first heard the song I thought "What on earth could she be saying??" But I think the answer is anticlimactic: it's just the song title: "The dark element burns..."

Edit: Magnus you're right - I think the first word of the second part of the chorus is "primitive," but that first word does end with a t, and I also have no idea what she's saying! 

On 1/9/2017 at 0:00 PM, Hevein said:

When did she say that? 

I really like the new song from The Dark Element, it was a pleasant surprise. It's been stuck in my head since it came out and it's nice to hear Anette doing something more metal again.

Swedish interview with Anette regarding The Dark Element: https://www.hd.se/2017-09-15/anette-olzon-gor-comeback

The last questions and answers says it all :P

"Q: Regarding Nightwish, do you have any contact with the boys anymore?
A: No, not at all

Q: Isn't that kinda weird? 
A: Yes, but that's how these boys go. They did the same thing with their previous singer as well (Tarja). It may happen that we run into each other on some upcoming festivals in the future and I can tell that's going to be a very awkward moment...

Q: So, sounds like there's not going to be any Nightwish reunion with their previous singers in the near future then?
A: No, I don't think that will happen. Then they have to pay me a large amount of money, haha "

I cannot believe this; who forced her to dye her hair black again? 

Before, it was the evil  guys of NW, especially Tuomas, but now?  Poor Anette, it never changes for her. 😳

2 hours ago, Minni said:

Before, it was the evil  guys of NW, especially Tuomas, but now?  Poor Anette, it never changes for her. 😳

Lol! Is that a troll? Her hair has been like that for at least a couple of years now.

4 hours ago, Imagineer said:

Lol! Is that a troll? Her hair has been like that for at least a couple of years now.

No, sorry, not a troll. 🙃

I just haven't followed her career for many years, but I do remember how she accused the guys for making decisions about everything, even her hair colour.

So, I simply wondered who ordered her to dye her hair black this time. 😳

7 hours ago, Minni said:

You act just like Symphoniker (no intention to offend any of you, sorry, but you are so rude with her). Don't you think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, she grew to like black hair? She even says that she knows it's a fact that she looks better with black hair (her husband and her mother also prefer her with black hair). Don't bring that stupid "Anette says that NW are evil" thing again.

Could someone who has access to Hd. interview post it please? No need to translate, the swedish version will do.

On 17/9/2017 at 10:18 AM, WhiteLagoon said:

You act just like Symphoniker (no intention to offend any of you, sorry, but you are so rude with her). Don't you think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, she grew to like black hair? She even says that she knows it's a fact that she looks better with black hair (her husband and her mother also prefer her with black hair). Don't bring that stupid "Anette says that NW are evil" thing again.

Yeah, poor, poor Anette, she's so innocent and a really mature person :'(

I'll go back to lurk in the shadows.