On 10/16/2017 at 8:34 PM, Serena said:

Coool!!!!

But... it's... actually good.

Wow.

I was not expecting it.

On 10/16/2017 at 5:05 PM, JRA said:

Dead to Me is¬†¬†ūüĒ•

Addendum: questionable breakdown, and no guitar solo,¬†but this is still¬†ūüĒ•

And no keyboard solo, and crappy drum sounds.
I have no qualms with the middle eight/breakdown, just how it transitions in and out of it. I hope they just shaved a few bars for the single edit.

But still cool.

I like Dead to Me as well. I'm happy that this woman has finally made a good decision in regards to her solo career. People who like it should buy and support this so that she and Jani get rewarded for their hard work and motivated to continue. And then she can at last move on from being the bitter ex-Nightwish blog lady. She's struck gold with this and I hope she realises that. This is clearly the album that people who wanted to see her do well and supprt her work outside of Nightwish have been waiting for.

And yeah, anyone who likes this should also check out Cain's Offering. This is basically that band with Anette replacing Timo.

On 17/10/2017 at 0:39 PM, Heaven said:

I think that he talks about the clip of SHINE and the videos AO posted on her social medias where she sang BRING ME TO LIFE for example in her appartment.

I died a little everytime with each one of these.

Yes, more of this please. I will definitely purchase the album when it comes out (though at this rate half the songs will probably have already been released by then :P).

I realise that this was intended as a one off project/release, but I wonder if the two of them might work together again in the future if this is well received?

4 hours ago, Magnus said:

I like Dead to Me as well. I'm happy that this woman has finally made a good decision in regards to her solo career. People who like it should buy and support this so that she and Jani get rewarded for their hard work and motivated to continue. And then she can at last move on from being the bitter ex-Nightwish blog lady. She's struck gold with this and I hope she realises that. This is clearly the album that people who wanted to see her do well and supprt her work outside of Nightwish have been waiting for.

I really, really liked Shine, I think it's a very solid pop album, with good songs and vocal melodies that show off Anette's voice to advantage. I'd be happy to see more releases like that from her BUT I see your point that a ballad heavy pop rock album is probably not the release that many Nightwish fans were hoping to hear from her.

I don't disagree about her vocals. While Imaginaerum played to some of her strengths, Anette was never a soprano and most of the songs on Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum are slightly too high for her range, which is why the high notes got so screechy. Shine showcased her tessitura better. But the songwriting was just so bland.

Yeah damn, that new track is ah, as the kids say these days 'totally lit fam'!

Pre chorus is pure business, very powerful. It's one of the songs where the pre chorus teases before it goes back to the verse, but when they come back to it with the chorus oh lord, I got a tingling.

She sounds great. I don't recall being impressed by her vibrato in NW but this is really good.

Could do without the 'djent' breakdown though. 

Here's to You is my favorite at the Moment. :D

i am really looking forward to the release! im defnitly going to buy the Album :) 4 Songs,  1 i dont care for, 1 i think is cool, and 2 im really enjoying.

after shine i wasnt expecting anette would ever release music with that kind of sound&quality! im kinda happy for her, though i would not count myself a fan of her. still happy  for her, she seems to enjoy what she is doing in that project.

This album is gonna be fire. I'm really excited. 

Wonder if the project will continue, maybe with a bit more time they'll come up with a more "grand" album. Not that their current style is bad, far from it, it's nice to have straightforward, melodic metal, but you never know. Maybe Anette will get her second Imaginaerum. 

Looking forward to listen to this album a lot. The songs they have already relased are really good and very catchy. I have to admit that I didn't even expect that. And I already like it more than her solo album though it had a few nice songs. This project really fits her vocal range. Jani did a good job with writing the songs.

3 hours ago, Ahasverus said:

This album is gonna be fire. I'm really excited. 

Wonder if the project will continue, maybe with a bit more time they'll come up with a more "grand" album. Not that their current style is bad, far from it, it's nice to have straightforward, melodic metal, but you never know. Maybe Anette will get her second Imaginaerum. 

Probably it depends on how much they earn on this album and if the label wants to continue but I wouldn't expect Anette being fully committed to any full-time musical projects since she wants to be a nurse and she doesn't like extensive touring :P we'll see... Anyway TDE is much better than Shine, if her voice was a little less overtuned I would like it even more!

Shine was great though, surprisingly good songwriting, I'd say that album doesn't have a bad song inside.

But yeah, her voice sounds far more dynamic here. For all the whining about Anette having a pop voice, she shines (ha) more in rock. 

^ There is "Like a Show Inside My Head", but the rest are solid.

The samples in the background of the "Making Of" video sound good too. Nothing groundbreaking, but you don't need to reinvent the wheel to make an excellent album. The only bit I'm not sure about is the intro to "My Sweet Mystery", it reminds me strongly of Storytime. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it doesn't really seem to match the rest of the song. Hasn't stopped the chorus from getting stuck in my head though.

Wow I listened to the leak. This album is pure fire. Congratulations to  Anette, will buy two copies actually, one for me one for a friend. 

Finally, some news about Anette that doesn't have to do with her blog. She chose a good collaborator to co write.