*Dandelion*

Anette Olzon

2,464 posts in this topic

This topic is here only for any appropriate discussion related to Anette's musical activities. Anything that doesn’t fit the purpose of this topic will be deleted without any warning.

Anette Olzon is a Swedish singer, best known as the second lead vocalist of Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish. She is also the former vocalist of Swedish AOR band Alyson Avenue.

Anette+Olzon+Anette.png

Alyson Avenue

Studio Albums:

• Presence Of Mind (2000 / Re-released in 2009)
  • Omega (2004 / Re-released in 2009 as Omega II)

Nightwish

Studio Albums:

• Dark Passion Play (2007)
  • Imaginaerum (2011)

Guest Appearances

• 2006: Two Of A Kind (Michael Bormann)
  • 2006: Will We Remain (Cloudscape)
  • 2008: Heart Full of Fire (Brother Firetribe)
  • 2008: Follow Me, Feed Us (Pain)
  • 2009: October & April (The Rasmus)
  • 2010: Open Your Eyes (Sweden United)
  • 2011: Changes (Alyson Avenue) (Background vocals on ”Liar”, ”Into The Fire”, ”Always Keep On Loving You”, ”Fallen”)
  • 2012: Cathedral Walls (Swallow the Sun)
  • 2012: This Love This Time, Lay Down in My Arms (Sapphire Eyes)

(Taken from Wikipedia. For further information, please check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anette_Olzon )

Her website (not updated for a long time though): http://www.anette-olzon.com/news.html
Her blog: http://anetteolzon2.blogspot.se/
Her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/anetteolzonofficial

She is finally going to release her solo album on February 28th. Can't wait, but at the same time I'm not quite sure what to expect. I think he sound is gonna be a bit different from Nightwish and that she's gonna have a lots of ballads, but I hope she's gonna include some more "heavy" tracks as well as ballads..

It's going to be quite interesting for sure. But I have no idea what to expect. Moreover, I'm also wondering if there are going to be any NW references in some of the songs.

I think music wise it's gonna be something like Liv Kristine's solo albums! Especially Libertine! 

The album will be called Shine by the way and it will be released by Ear Music.

Here's the whole press statement:

It is with great pleasure that earMUSIC welcomes another great woman of rock, joining the group of exciting female voices releasing their work through the Hamburg-based rock label (among others: Tarja, Skunk Anansie, Chrissie Hynde and Lisa Stansfield).

The woman in question is Anette Olzon.     

Talking about Anette’s first solo album, there is a name that can’t not be mentioned... 

So let it be… Yes, Anette Olzon – as every metal fan knows – has been the front woman of Finnish symphonic-metal superstars Nightwish for five years before having to leave the band in late 2012. 
Although the circumstances belong to the past and Anette is the kind of artist and person who only looks forward, it is a sure fact that those five years have established Anette as one of the highlight of the rock music map on a global scale.
“Does it sound like Nightwish?” It’s the question that everybody would probably like to ask… It doesn’t but it definitely does, would be the most accurate answer. Certainly more precise than denying it does or confirming Anette’s new songs sound like her previous band.

“Shine” has been produced with the collaboration of some of the most successful teams in rock and pop in Scandinavia: the producer Stefan Örn (songwriter and producer of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest winning track ‘Running Scared’), Johan Glössner and co-produced by Anette Olzon and Johan Kronlund. The album was mixed by Kronlund, Nicklas Flykt and Ronny Lahti (known for his work with Loreen and Roxette). 

The album will be released on February 28th, 2014 by earMUSIC.

"I am so thrilled to finally release my first solo album,” says Anette Olzon. “I’ve been working on it for a long time by now... The album is very personal with songs I have started writing already in 2009 but also very recent songs. The overall message of the album is that life can be really dark and filled with hardship and sadness, but you can always choose to see some light coming through, to make you stronger and full of life - making you SHINE… no matter what." 

And what about the musical direction?
“In the end, it is a rock album,” says Anette. “Well, a pop rock album maybe, or would you call it pop metal?” We have heard this one before, didn’t we?

Whether we can define “Shine” a metal album, rock, pop or “pop rock” what would be hard to miss is how strong the songs are and what an extraordinary album it is. 
It exceptionally masters the borders between melancholy and hope, between fragility and power, because it showcases an artist who doesn't rest on her laurels but heads boldly into the future. Because it shines. 

Follow the link to watch what Anette has to say about “Shine”: https://www.facebook.com/anetteolzonofficial

That press release is quite poorly written. Doesn't look professional at all. But I'm slightly excited to hear what she's come up with and I'm happy she's been involved in the writing process. As for pop metal and sort of sounding like Nightwish, but at the same time not - I think it will sound fairly close to some of the music Tuomas has produced for others. Wouldn't be surprised it reminds a bit of Indica.

She did say "Enya with guitars" in an old interview, so maybe a bit like that?

I hope "Song inside my head" will be on the album.

you probably mean show :P but yes i like this one too!And also the other she sang at that concert that i can't remember it's name right now!

Great to hear this, but actually, I was always hoping that she will make a band with her boyfriend from Pain. Just like Liv Kristin formed Leaves Eyes with her husband  after releasing pop albums at first. 

I checked some of the songs that are already on the youtube. Invincible is awesome, but I am not quite sure about the rest. I don't know what is it going to be like. I have a very VERY bad experience with solo albums. Just take Tarja, or Liv Kristin for example. 

I will wait for it, and hopefully a duet with Tarja would be just fine, without surprise haha. Anyway I still bear in my mind that Shine would be like My winter storm 2, lyrically at least

I'm sooo excited for this album!

I've heard the songs she performed live last year(or was it earlier this year?), and I really think it's going to be an awesome album! <3

Wow! Good to hear this! Invicible and Show inside my head are awesome songs! I wonder when will she reveal the album cover and track listing!

@Magnus: yes, the words used were quite off for a celebration, ya know.

^ woah! I only heard Invicible and Show inside my head. Where did you listen to it and how was it?

Oh again i misread a post. Yeah, samples ain't that bad and will be so pleased to listen to them.

I'm glad she finally got around to her album. :) I'm looking forward to it. Even if she isn't one of the most technical vocalists out there I love her voice.

Is it just me or didn't people use to comment Blabbermouth articles before they forced people to do it with their Facebook profiles and real identities? :P

I guess so to avoid spams! That's also a good alternative with Disqus commenting widget, since it doesn't allow you to just post a comment more than once, and needs a user login.

Back on topic:

Upon seeing the comments, hatred never stops so I guess it's a challenge for her still, but I have high hopes with her own work.

3 short questions 2013

Ladies first as they say. So when we start of Three Short Questions 2013 Anette Olzon will be first out.

Anette are one of those singers who played on the small circuit and got a break. From Alyson Avenue she got to front Nightwish. Today she’s getting ready to launch a solo career. Let’s hear what Anette has to say about her 2013 and future plans.

1. How would you summarize 2013

2013 started out wonderful with the birth of my third child Mio in march. Then I had some months of doing some songwriting but mainly being a mum full-time until a month ago when I started working really hard on my album due next year so it´s been a great year for me!

2. Will you give any New Years resolution?

No, I think it´s better to make new goals and promises during the whole year if I feel I need to change something.

3. What do you expect from 2014?

The release of my solo album and going out playing my songs live finally feels exciting! Can´t wait to go on stage again and meet all the lovely people coming to listen to my stuff ;=)

Source: http://www.planetaor.com/?p=9424

Fixed the colours -- Cursarion