N0One

Endless Forms Most Beautiful - 2015

2,471 posts in this topic

And please no bad titles like "I Want My Tears Back" this time!

Here's hoping, Such a good song. Such a bad title. Then again, I'm still not fond of Imaginaerum as an album title either. I really wish they could have stuck with Imaginarium (but I get that they ran into trouble with that name). Emporium would have made a better alternative title, I think.

Endless Forms Most Beautiful is an amazing album title though. On par with Dark Passion Play and Angels Fall First.

My favorite album title has always been Century Child. There's something so... mythical about it. And Endless Forms Most Beautiful is a wonderful title as well.

Guys, do you think the new album will be the best NW album? The expectations are extremely high from what I've seen so I guess most expect it to be the best NW album.

I was wondering if Nightwish will do another live DVD like the one in Wacken 2013 (Showtime Storytime) with the new album? I know it's extremely soon for that but I'm just wondering. I enjoyed the Showtime Storytime DVD so much so I'm hoping they do another one with a set list of the new album of course. That will be beyond amazing. I'm dying to see Floor sing NW songs that are written for her live and I would love to have the live version of the songs of the new album. I would certainly buy that. Anyway, I will just keep my fingerscrossed for that to happen.

- Posts merged. First part of the post deleted because it was the same as posted inside the Floor topic. -mojo

I still remember when people complained that "I Want My Tears Back" suuuuurely would be some whiny thing like For The Heart I Once Had... those were the times ^^ IWMTB is a logical choice, though (seeing as it is the main chant, and the title is as simple as the song's message). What were people expecting? "Humpty Dumpty on a nighttime voyage"?

And I, personally, find that "Imaginaerum" has more class than any of the other titles (including EFMB). That pseudo-latin "ae" gives the thing kind of a historic wickedness, which maps quite well to the album, I think. ... and it fits awesomely well on a wine bottle. Which "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" would do, too.

I am a little bit worried about the fact that two days ago Mika Jussila posted that this weekend the whole band will listen to the new album and maybe he will have some extra work because Nightwish will find something to improve. And now we can see photos of Tuomas and mastering engineers celebrating that the album is ready. Seems like Tuomas made decision without the rest band members before final listening. 

I am a little bit worried about the fact that two days ago Mika Jussila posted that this weekend the whole band will listen to the new album and maybe he will have some extra work because Nightwish will find something to improve. And now we can see photos of Tuomas and mastering engineers celebrating that the album is ready. Seems like Tuomas made decision without the rest band members before final listening. 

That's exactly what I thought. This band is falling apart right before our very eyes, such a shame! 

Oh well, life has to go on, I guess....

That's exactly what I thought. This band is falling apart right before our very eyes, such a shame! 

Oh well, life has to go on, I guess....

Damn. Such negative thoughts. Hopefully nothing bad happens. 

I'm not sure what to think about the 24 min song. That's just too long for a song! Even if the song turns out to be good/great, I'm not sure I'm gonna listen to the whole song everytime I play the song. I will probably just play part of it and then play another song. Same thing I sometimes do with "Song of Myself" for example. 

Wait, Baki's comments on this page were so over the top I assumed he was trolling. Is he for real?

Wait, Baki's comments on this page were so over the top I assumed he was trolling. Is he for real?

I really hope he is trolling lol xD 

I'm not sure what to think about the 24 song. That's just too long for a song! Even if the song turns out to be good/great, I'm not sure I'm gonna listen to the whole song everytime I play the song. I will probably just play part of it and then play another song. Same thing I sometimes do with "Song of Myself" for example. 

So are you assuming you won't like the song or you won't like some parts of it? Or, you are saying that even if you like the whole track you will skip some parts? 

i do skip some parts of a long song after listening to it many times, for example I think Ghost love score is very beautiful but find myself skipping the instrumental parts, not bc it's boring or anything, just bc I've already known it well and just wanna speed it up to the vocals for stirrings. Same thing goes to TPATP or SoM. Well, I personally think that long songs are good for exploration and find it totally normal if you skip some parts later to save time if you know it well enough, there are also some parts you don't really like too.

I'm not sure what to think about the 24 song. That's just too long for a song! Even if the song turns out to be good/great, I'm not sure I'm gonna listen to the whole song everytime I play the song. I will probably just play part of it and then play another song. Same thing I sometimes do with "Song of Myself" for example.

So are you assuming you won't like the song or you won't like some parts of it? Or, you are saying that even if you like the whole track you will skip some parts?

Hmmmm your 2nd question is quite tricky. I'm expecting to love parts of the song not the whole song. If I love the WHOLE song (which is something I don't expect), I will listen to the whole song when I play it more often than not. Not always but usually for sure. However, I might skip to my favorite parts of the song between now and then. I usually do that with some long songs and I believe I'm not the only one. Hopefully the 24 min song surprises me and I love the whole song.

Are you going to listen to the whole song everytime you play it (assuming you like the song)? Interested to hear your opinion.

i do skip some parts of a long song after listening to it many times, for example I think Ghost love score is very beautiful but find myself skipping the instrumental parts, not bc it's boring or anything, just bc I've already known it well and just wanna speed it up to the vocals for stirrings. Same thing goes to TPATP or SoM. Well, I personally think that long songs are good for exploration and find it totally normal if you skip some parts later to save time if you know it well enough, there are also some parts you don't really like too.

Good post. I totally agree.

Guys, don't know if this is allowed, but I think I found the tracklist on this site:

http://www.weltbild.de/3/20048027-1/musik/endless-forms-most-beautiful.html

1. Shudder Before the Beautiful

2. Weak Fantasy

3. Èlan

4. Yours Is An Empty Hope

5. Our Decades In the Sun

6. My Walden

7. Endless Forms Most Beautiful

8. Edema Ruh

9. Alpenglow

10. The Eyes Of Sharbat Gula

11. The Greatest Show On Earth

Beautiful titles, now I'm really excited!

Yep, an hour early .. but hey .. who cares. :D   It's the real deal :) 

Yep, an hour early .. but hey .. who cares. :D   It's the real deal :)

Oh, sorry for bursting that announcement :P But jeeey, got too excited! Thanks for the confirmation :)

Wow, a song about the Afghan girl, that sounds interesting. Maybe the band is not falling apart after all? 

Edema Ruh are travelling performers in fantasy book series 'The Kingkiller Chronicles' by Patrick Rothfuss and The Greatest Show on Earth is a tittle of a science book by Richard Dawkins about evolution. I've loved both the fantasy series and Dawikins's book. This is great!  :)

Interesting song titles to say the least. Why am I afraid that "Yours is an empty hope" will have to do with religion?

Might be, but doesn't have to. If it is, then Dawkins' participation definetely isn't solely for his role as a scientist, as it was claimed by all the official statements on the issue.

It could simply be a love song (of sorts). We'll see. :-)

Is the 24 minute track Endless Forms Most Beautiful or The Greatest Show On Earth? I got the feeling that the longest song would be the last track.