Slayed Dreamer

Slayed Dreamer's Covers

20 posts in this topic

Well well well.... Maybe it is time to dare and start to publish my own vocal covers in here, too.

I will begin with the song quite familiar to all NW fans. Hope I did even a little bit justice to the original :)

Got some random karaoke track from the net. I was never actually sang the song myself, though it is very familiar otherwise. On recording you can hear my second take. Doubled some vocal lines afterwards.

https://soundcloud.com/opj1974/while-you-lips-are-still-red

I will put some other stuff in here shortly, right after I complete the mixing part.

/Slayed

hey Slayed dreamer......

I quite enjoyed the two songs, especially the second one. played it a couple of times in a row  :good: (and looked up the original one      :music: )

you got a very pleasant timbre in your voice. The first Finnish one was also nice. I think it's a smooth language to sing in (without those harsh sounds which we have in Dutch) The last one I wasn't so kean on. 

:drinks:

Thanks, uhunebedbouwer :) I am just in the beginning of my journey as a singer. It is most educational to record your singing, publish it and put yourself on the line of fire so to speak.

Took me for awhile to realize what you meant with "The first finnish song"... "Hyvän Perheen Lapsi" is actually our bass player's own song/composition. He plays all the instruments and sing all the vocals in the song. Multitalent person, he is *jealous*.

Last one (iPhone kikkailua12) is just random raw demo from our second guitarist. I di like it. We'll see, if it ever will grow into a full song :)

:blush: Thanks July for the kind words! I checked your Greensleeves cover just a minute ago. As being bit of a multitasker myself, got lost here first, before writing on your thread. How I just love that double bass sound!

This time something else. ABBA with a little twist By Elsa & Kohtalon Lapset!

https://soundcloud.com/elsajakohtalonlapset/voulez-vous-abba-cover

EDIT. Oh, and this was the first time I was actually sound engineer/trying to record stuff with my brand now Logic Pro X.  AND the first time tried to mix all together as well :)

Edited by Slayed Dreamer

One full gig from my past Rainbow tribute band, Rainbow Night. On vocals Jukka Nummi, great voice!

And this is something from the studio on that time... with different vocalist

I have bad habit to sing in public places, especially the spaces which have cool natural echo. Recorded these two short clips in one early morning (something like 7 am) with my iphone at my work/office, that has lots of these echoing passageways. Just pushed record button and let it go - no reference tune/key or any preparing. Should do that more often, I guess  :)

Easy... or hard.

... and Hallowed be someones name :P

Nice Rainbow covers. I'm a fan of Stranger In Us All too... Ariel especially, what a great track. Nice singing too. Do you wanna join my band? :lol:

51 minutes ago, Unstrung said:

Nice Rainbow covers. I'm a fan of Stranger In Us All too... Ariel especially, what a great track. Nice singing too. Do you wanna join my band? :lol:

... Well, band rehearsals might be somewhat difficult, as I am NOT  Superman or even his cousin (although I am as tall and handsome than he is) - and teleportation has not yet been invented. Bummer.

EDIT. Yea, SIUL is hidden gem in Rainbow's production, mostly forgotten -  the 90s was not that good for this kind of music anymore. Ariel is one of the top 10 songs from them, one of my favourites too.

We did some live recordings with our band couple of weeks ago while training  - 8 songs altogether was caught on "tape" back then.  Vocals, harmonies, solos and snippet are recorded afterwards.

And as we know our responsibility towards nature, we left creatures called "click" and "autotune" alone in their natural enviroment, where sun usually does not shine.

First song out of eight is finished and just started to mix the second one. So here you are, the classic Queen song:

Here’s something new. Before others arrived to band rehearsals today, i decided to warm up my voice a bit :) my guitar playing is so bad, but try to cooe with it this time. Recorded with iPhone.