TheOneq

The Floor thread

2,503 posts in this topic

I know this is majorly off-topic, but LadyGrey, is that you in your profile pic?

Hahaha no, it's Anna Torv from the tv-series Fringe... People do say I look like her but it's not me :)

And now, back to Floor! ;) I keep listening to that 20-something minute "medley" video on youtube... I have to say that I didn't expect to love Floor with Nightwish that much. I thought the Nightwish with the high voice was something we'd never get to hear again so I didn't think that I missed it... Turns out I did XD

Nightwish has to be discussing asking her to stay at least, and she has to be considering the fact they could ask her. So, I'm sure when it's discussed, she'll know what she wants to say. NW can't let someone as amazing as her (vocally) come in and sing their songs, then expect the fans to just accept someone so different later.

Floor is very professional too (as is constantly pointed-out). I think she could handle the band without all the personal things getting in the way. I'd imagine she'd inform them about her previous burnout so that doesn't happen again, and her desire to continuing working with ReVamp, but it could be done :D.

Geez, I was looking around for minutes on the MUSIC Files for the Floor threads...it's moved back to Nightwish General...I think it's a good idea since she is part now of the bands history

Edit: OK, it makes me pinch my heart that Anette moves out on the renamed Anette Olsson thread.......... ( still so weird, did look the pix I have with her in the backstage of the venue in Luxembourg... )

All i have to say is - Dark Chest of Wonders; San Diego. She did amazing. in my opinion, she sang it better than Tarja

I think she has been developing her voice for a completely different kind of music. I don't her to join Nightwish permanently. It would be a vocal step back. Keep the mail focus in ReVamp, Floor!

Geez, I was looking around for minutes on the MUSIC Files for the Floor threads...it's moved back to Nightwish General...I think it's a good idea since she is part now of the bands history

Edit: OK, it makes me pinch my heart that Anette moves out on the renamed Anette Olsson thread..........

Same...

All i have to say is - Dark Chest of Wonders; San Diego. She did amazing. in my opinion, she sang it better than Tarja

I really loved it too!!! also Planet Hell and Dead To the World got chills !!!

I love it too! I wouldn't say it's BETTER than Tarja's, but just as good! It'd be nicer to have a better recording though :P She'd be really awesome in Nightwish....just saying...I don't want to get my hopes up though. Because this may only be temporary.

I used to imagine how Nightwish would sound with a singer like Floor and it was AMAZING in my imagination, but now that it happened like this, I am finding it hard to be excited about Floor being in the band, despite liking her as a singer. It's just such a weird situation and she might not even stick around. :S

I used to imagine how Nightwish would sound with a singer like Floor and it was AMAZING in my imagination, but now that it happened like this, I am finding it hard to be excited about Floor being in the band, despite liking her as a singer. It's just such a weird situation and she might not even stick around. :S

When I think about it, the situation could be much worse. And it has been for some bands :o I feel sorry for those bands...

I know, I'm trying not to get too excited about her being with Nightwish, because she may not stay. And it may not be fair to a new singer if all of us get the idea that Floor is staying for good and warm up to her...

It could be tricky for Nightwish if she doesn't stick around because the fans are already giving her a warm reception and she is doing quite well too. There will be no escaping Floor, Anette and Tarja comparisons if they get another singer, especially if it is another unknown one. Of course, that's just my guess and I certainly hope that any comparisons made will be a lot less negative and bitter, unlike the early Tarja vs Anette wars.

I also like her singing Dark Chest.. beacuse she shows her trademark which is powerful rock/ normal singing as compared to Tarja's more operatic approach (only bridge has some operatic touch left).I remember Arjen Lucassen during Star One session described her voice along with Russel Allen as one of the best powerful rock singers ever.

On the other hand she can sing very soft and delicate, gives her voice much more colors and emotions.She can sing any genre so i guess her versatility has no limits..she can sing DCOW and Slow Love Slow as well.

I am big fan of her voice ,so it will be a dream come true to see her in my favourite band pernamently :)

Wait what future brings...

p.s

If you really want to see her potential check "Alone" (Heart cover) sang by her, only piano and her voice.

It could be tricky for Nightwish if she doesn't stick around because the fans are already giving her a warm reception and she is doing quite well too.

^this!

there will be a major disappointment when we find out that she was only the replacement for this tour. It will feel like the next vocalist left the band even though she was never an official member. People will get used to her + she will be on stage @ Hartwall arena, one of the most important gigs on this tour.

How did I never hear of her before... Blasphemy! :wub:

There are more bands beyond Nightwish XD ... naah I'm kidding...I ask myself the same, I say it again: I can not believe people didn't know her, she is (in certain way) very known in the metal genre.

Listen to After Forever, this band is my second favorite after NW and she was the vocalist. ;)

I'd imagine she'd inform them about her previous burnout so that doesn't happen again, and her desire to continuing working with ReVamp, but it could be done :D.

ReVamp isn't an ongoing thing, though, so Floor's being in both ReVamp and Nightwish is probably not too different from Marco and Emppu being in other bands. She could totally do it.

ReVamp isn't an ongoing thing, though, so Floor's being in both ReVamp and Nightwish is probably not too different from Marco and Emppu being in other bands. She could totally do it.

Of course ReVamp is an ongoing thing. In the beginning it was hard because it wasn't a proper band, she had to find band members and songwriting partners, get to know them, get used to them. They would have a relative long tour for a band with only one album release but Floor got the burnout and they had to cancel everything. Now that the band has everything settled, leave ReVamp aside during its maturation period for Nightwish wouldn't be nice. I strongly believe it wouldn't be her wisest decision.

There are more bands beyond Nightwish XD ... naah I'm kidding...I ask myself the same, I say it again: I can not believe people didn't know her, she is (in certain way) very known in the metal genre.

Listen to After Forever, this band is my second favorite after NW and she was the vocalist. ;)

I'm pretty surprised lots of people don't know her as well. The first song I heard from them was "Discord" about two years ago, and it left me listening to their other stuff off and on regularly along with my other "keeper" bands. Of course, I didn't realize that After Forever had quit all together, I just assumed that since Floor was always referred to as "ex-After Forever, Revamp" singer, that she left on her own free will, much like Vibeke from Tristania or Alexandra from Adastreia. It's nice that that's not the case though, because that meant that she enjoyed it a lot and she probably would have stuck with the project if they could have. I've listened to less ReVamp than After Forever, but I've listened to enough to know that it's quite different but still good. And I think her voice is getting better.

Of course, I didn't realize that After Forever had quit all together, I just assumed that since Floor was always referred to as "ex-After Forever, Revamp" singer, that she left on her own free will, much like Vibeke from Tristania or Alexandra from Adastreia. It's nice that that's not the case though, because that meant that she enjoyed it a lot and she probably would have stuck with the project if they could have. I've listened to less ReVamp than After Forever, but I've listened to enough to know that it's quite different but still good. And I think her voice is getting better.

About After Forever, actually, after their break they made a reunion to decide the fate of the band and she was the only one who wanted to continue with it. In some ReVamp interviews she complained how hard it was for her to leave After Forever behind, and how frustrated she got, and some of the lyrics of ReVamp album were written about that.

That's why I don't want her to join Nightwish permanently. After she finally formed a band again, she will put it on hold for another band where she will be just a singer? It wouldn't be nice with the other ReVamp band members. I bet they put lots of effort in ReVamp too and are willing to be a musician full-time when ReVamp gets bigger.

If it sucks to stop a team effort band when only one of the members wants to carry on, just imagine how hard it would stop a team effort band when all the members want to carry on and only one wants to stop. Not nice!

I'm with those who are surprised she's so unfamiliar to many NW fans. I discovered After Forever maybe a year at the most, before they quit, and I was in love. Floor's vocals, and the songs. I had been looking for a band with good classical vocals to metal (I'd discovered Epica before NW, actually, in 2004) that I loved and After Forever just dragged me in. I'm so happy she's continued with ReVamp. And while I know she can continue with ReVamp and do NW if she does front NW, I just hope the writing for ReVamp doesn't suffer. The first album was good, but I know it can be so much better.

If Floor is being considered by the band/Tuomas as a permanent member they are in a pretty good situation at the moment. They get to tour with Floor then decide on her becoming the next nightwish singer or not.

With Anette(or if they pick someone else) they didn't have that luxury and could only hope she fitted in on tour.

I think Floor would be beyond amazing on the next album. She has the perfect metal voice if their is such a thing. Power, emotion, versatility and a great stage presence. Yes folks Ms Jansen has it all.

Hehehe, before Nightwish I only listened to male-fronted bands, maybe that's why :giggle:

Really you can do no wrong with Moonsorrow... :wub:

I have been listening to After Forever lately as a matter of fact and I just bought their last album (figured I'd start from the bottom up :wink: ) I really like it and I'm hoping the mail won't take long to arrive :diablo:

Although I'm not sure what the boys want, I wouldn't mind Floor to stay in Nightwish, and I think if she were offered, she would take it--I read a few interviews with her and of course she says they were her big inspiration. Who knows? :dunno:

Hehehe, before Nightwish I only listened to male-fronted bands, maybe that's why :giggle:

Really you can do no wrong with Moonsorrow... :wub:

I have been listening to After Forever lately as a matter of fact and I just bought their last album (figured I'd start from the bottom up :wink: ) I really like it and I'm hoping the mail won't take long to arrive :diablo:

Although I'm not sure what the boys want, I wouldn't mind Floor to stay in Nightwish, and I think if she were offered, she would take it--I read a few interviews with her and of course she says they were her big inspiration. Who knows? :dunno:

Hi Shoshone, can you please point me in the direction of these interviews where Floor says NW was her inspiration. Pretty please. I'm having a discussion with someone who does not think this is possible because he thinks Floor started with Apocalypse sometime before or around the same time as NW. He's demanded that I provide proof but despite being sure I did read this somewhere, I can't for the life of me remember where! I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank-you.

I usually silently lurk within forums so please excuse me if I am breaking any rules.

Hi Shoshone, can you please point me in the direction of these interviews where Floor says NW was her inspiration. Pretty please. I'm having a discussion with someone who does not think this is possible because he thinks Floor started with Apocalypse sometime before or around the same time as NW. He's demanded that I provide proof but despite being sure I did read this somewhere, I can't for the life of me remember where! I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank-you.

I usually silently lurk within forums so please excuse me if I am breaking any rules.

Well, according to Wikipedia, what he's saying is true http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Forever

However, that doesn't mean NW wasn't an influence later in their musical career.

Good point...I only hear metal bands with female singers :P

I like After Forever at the same time I discovered NW like eight or nine years ago...When NW fired Tarja I was too sad but at least I had After Forever and then they suddenly quit...those years were not good to me (spoke about music :giggle: )

So can you imagine how happy I am with NW + Floor :wub: