Meira

The Floor thread

2,324 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, L_Alpenglow said:

Thanks to Denise Hofs, once again, for the translation to English!!

Actually it was me this time! Denise just added them timed correctly to the vid because i was unable to!

42 minutes ago, SilentDawn said:

Actually it was me this time! Denise just added them timed correctly to the vid because i was unable to!

Ouch! Sorry, mate! But always grateful! :D

1 hour ago, SilentDawn said:

Great job! Thanks!!

Great job and great interview, thanks!

I think if they ever chose Floor as a singer for the Eurovision Song Contest, 'Winner' would be the song to go for. Floor's rendition has such a powerful and yet uplifting vibe to it.

Super ready for Phantom. And I hope NW play it again this tour.

4 hours ago, Ahasverus said:

Super ready for Phantom. And I hope NW play it again this tour.

with Henk as (su)poort?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.....

:yahoo:

Oh wow, Floor sounds wonderful in this snippet! Can't wait to hear the entire song, Saturday can't come soon enough.

Alas, "Beste Zangers" didn't win the award tonight. It got 31% of the votes, earning it a 2nd place while the winner had 55%. I guess music TV isn't everyone's thing.

Please, Floor. Since I will not be able to go to any of those concerts I beg you to release a live album, pretty please?:yes:

Floor jansen interview in Dutch newspaper NRC:

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/10/10/floor-jansen-heeft-de-bal-eindelijk-aan-het-rollen-a3976316

"Q: Now I hear the word Song Festival buzz everywhere.

Floor: "Yes, that's how it goes. Only one person has to shout that I have to go there, people will ask about it in interviews and before you know it I will read: "Floor Jansen wants to participate in the Songfestival." Well, Floor Jansen never said that. I think it's honorable that people are considering me to represent the Netherlands, but I'm in Nightwish and a new album is coming out in the spring and I'm going to prepare a world tour. So if it's possible, I wouldn't know."

Interesting part there about her solo shows:

Wat ga je precies doen tijdens die solotour?

„Het moet een avondvullend programma worden, met natuurlijk de nummers uit Beste Zangers, maar mijn hele geschiedenis komt aan bod. Ook After Forever, ReVamp, Northward en Nightwish, maar dan aangepast, wat kleiner. Geen heftige, scheurende gitaren. Nou ja een beetje dan, het zou raar zijn als die helemaal ontbreken bij mij.”

Translation:

What exactly are you going to do during that solo tour?

"It's supposed to be a full evening program, with of course the songs from Beste Zangers, but my entire history is covered. After Forever, Revamp, Northward and Nightwish too, but adapted, somewhat smaller. No tremendous, ripping guitars. Or well, a little bit, it would be strange if those were entirely absent in my show."

Sounds pretty much like what I expected. Can't wait :yahoo:

With all respect to people posts here ,I like Floor too but not keen on "everytime"  read-often write about her lol Seems a bit Floor fanatic :P

^Not sure what exactly you mean, but are you aware that this the Floor thread - aka the church of Floor!? :P

Seriously, what's wrong with enthusiasm when even the Dutch press has joined in raving:

"Floor Jansen is a masterful singer, a top talent who manages to amaze time and time again with her special voice and performance. Although a successful singer for over twenty years outside the national borders, her breakthrough in her own country now seems to be a fact. After nothing but positive reactions and phenomenal performances, Floor has recently announced that they will go into depth with six shows."

(Google translate from https://www.telegraaf.nl/entertainment/1801317842/wie-is-floor-jansen-eigenlijk)

Now, I have to stop rambling here as I have to do a quick instant celebration for one the last tickets for Heerlen I've been able to snatch... :yahoo:

6 hours ago, Speckofdust said:

With all respect to people posts here ,I like Floor too but not keen on "everytime"  read-often write about her lol Seems a bit Floor fanatic :P

This post might be lost in translation, but yes, this is the Floor thread so of course the posts are going to be about Floor, especially now that she is having such great success with Beste Zangers.

14 hours ago, Speckofdust said:

Seems a bit Floor fanatic :P

You say it like that is a bad thing. hehe.  In a world of emptiness and regret packaged and collected into empty, regrettable trending topics, there isn't much left among the human wreckage that is not a total disappointment..  Something that hits different than everything else out there.  Something that can still touch interface with your soul.  A voice you want to hear, instead of all the voices you are told to hear.  I just prefer the voice of an angel and warrior and beast and queen all in one.   I'd suggest Floor qualifies to be as fanaticism-worthy as any singer currently visiting our planet..and those who have left the planet as well.   We all probably had something better to do, yet we were still born in the place and time we were born, so we might as well try to enjoy life in whatever ways that can possibly be achieved.  

Just rewatched Phantom with Joacim Cans. Since this is the Shrine-of-Floor (apparently) I can offer the same votive as everyone else: she is just too appealing in too many ways!

What power or happy set of coincidences could have put Floor here for us to discover and enjoy? And of course so much respect for all her hard work!

So Phantom with Henk is upcoming. Should be interesting. This is a bit silly but I wonder how he'll come across just in terms of presence and physical height. It might be a challenge for Floor to get opera roles because she's just too much for the other principals and the leading man. Not such an issue in rock or metal I'd guess...

Looking forward to it.

I'm seeing claims all over the internet that in January Floor is going to do shows without her band for the first time. People claiming that have not done their research. I've always loved recordings of the shows she did with a string quartet near the end of After Forever's lifespan: