Meira

The Floor thread

2,324 posts in this topic

Floor's last tweet ist intriguing as it could mean that Henk appears with NW - maybe at the Ziggo Dome?

The twitter translator tells me that Floor suggested Henk to do Phantom for the duets and he said fine - if I can join NW on stage. She seemingly replied "we have a deal". ūüėÄ

I thought he meant they'll do the NW version. Where are all the Dutchies at? :P

I'm not Dutch but here is a  google translate from part of the interview she points too

In the next episode you will sing a smashing duet with Henk Poort. What makes you such a good duo?

"Because we as humans fit so well together, I think. It clicked right away! When I heard that Henk participated, I immediately said: we are going to sing The Phantom of the Opera together. Henk thought it was fine, but only if he and Nightwish was allowed to perform. Well, deal! "

With Nightwish no performance yet, but in 2020 Floor Jansen will perform in the Ziggodome and Henk Poort will also participate. It is already sold out!

Source 

https://www.superguide.nl/nieuws/interview-met-floor-jansen-ik-had-nog-nooit-van-chateau-meiland-gehoord-tv

THAT WAS AMAZING!

I happened to watch A Star Is Born for the first time earlier today, and then this comes from nowhere! Shallow does work better as a duet.

And that Phantom of the Opera... I'm just smiling ear to ear! :D Definitely consider bringing Henk to Nightwish's Amsterdam show for a one-off performance.

I have no words for this OMG. Please Toumas, consider packing this one back on the setlist for the next tour (I know he won't but hey let's dream). WOW

8 minutes ago, crypt said:

I have no words for this OMG. Please Toumas, consider packing this one back on the setlist for the next tour (I know he won't but hey let's dream). WOW

In the show it was revealed that Henk agreed to sing the Phantom with Floor under one condition: that he would also be allowed to sing it together with Nightwish. Assume it will only happen once during their concert in Amsterdam 2020, but still a nice bonus I think.

13 minutes ago, NeoGeorg said:

THAT WAS AMAZING!

I happened to watch A Star Is Born for the first time earlier today, and then this comes from nowhere! Shallow does work better as a duet.

And that Phantom of the Opera... I'm just smiling ear to ear! :D Definitely consider bringing Henk to Nightwish's Amsterdam show for a one-off performance.

13 minutes ago, crypt said:

5 minutes ago, Biased said:

In the show it was revealed that Henk agreed to sing the Phantom with Floor under one condition: that he would also be allowed to sing it together with Nightwish. Assume it will only happen once during their concert in Amsterdam 2020, but still a nice bonus I think.

ZIGGO DOME CONFIRMED WITH THE HASHTAG #PHANTOMOFTHEZIGGODOME

W THE NOTE ITS SOLD OUT

The question now is... have the rest of Nightwish also already agreed to this condition?

Having Henk play with them I mean. I feel it could happen!

Nice duets!!

But Shallow surprised me ! What a duet! :D

2 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

The question now is... have the rest of Nightwish also already agreed to this condition?

Having Henk play with them I mean. I feel it could happen!

You know what happens to people who do oppose Henk Poort:

(warning: video does contain violence. OK, staged, but still...)

wow! petition for phantom of the opera to come back to setlist right away hahaha

Haha love how the views on YT for this performance are going through the roof... nearly 60k already :D

Why can't we have Floor in Beste Zangers in all the next seasons???? :cry:I'm gonna miss her in this show sooo much :( Perhaps they could bring Anneke or Sharon next, that will be OK.

BTW, I think it's quite likely that we'll have Shallow on Floor's shows. It sounds as if it was written for her voice.

That was really good, although I feel like they could have raised the volume on her voice a bit during post-production. It was really fun to see him let loose a bit and sing with distortion towards the end. I really do hope they perform it with him as a special guest at least in the Netherlands. I'm also super curious to hear him being interviewed about having watched a full Nightwish live show as well.

No offence to Marco, but I definitely like this version of PotO. Where did you keep this Henk guy, he's great! Why isn't he known, like, everywhere in the world? 

The guys there act so surprised like they haven't seen what Floor and Henk can do. Seriously though, they put Floor and Henk on stage and then they are like, 'oh my, never knew it's gonna be so awesome!' Pfft, please... 

EDIT: also, may I just add, as a side note, how cute this Tim guy is... 

The big question for me is now: How do we get a professional live recording of Nightwish feat. Henk Poort in Amsterdam?

Not immortalising that rendition of PotO would be a crime.

I've been watching these every week like most NW and Floor fans, and WOW... I was not disappointed with the finale. Phantom gave me goosebumps. I am so jealous of fans in NL who will get to see that with Henk. It would be a treat if they considered bringing it back as a regular song on this one tour. I think many fans have hoped to see Floor sing it for years.

I have bought several of her songs from this show. I will buy them all before long. I loved each song she did. I even bought Emma's cover of "Strong." I really, really loved it. She has a great voice for that song.

Overall, I think this experience was incredible for Floor. I am so happy to see the success she is having in NL. I wish she would have the same success here in the US. But, I suppose that would only happen under the right circumstances. It's hard to break out here unless you are pop.

I did not. want. that performance to end.

Very nice to hear Henk will join NW on stage... and honestly,  I can't imagine Floor would have agreed to something like that without consulting the other guys, I'm sure she did.

Maybe Henk  and Floor can do Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean (or better yet, Pharaoh) together live :D 

12 hours ago, Somebody's Lass said:

No offence to Marco, but I definitely like this version of PotO. Where did you keep this Henk guy, he's great! Why isn't he known, like, everywhere in the world? 

Agree! He's THE BEST Phamtom ever! :D

12 hours ago, Somebody's Lass said:

EDIT: also, may I just add, as a side note, how cute this Tim guy is... 

Also agree! :D I don't know who is cutier Rolf or him!

Have seen the performances but waiting for Denise to see the full show. I'm also going to miss this show! They all had a great time and no matter what people think about the varied level of talent I do think everyone grew as musicians from this experience. It's like a master class but where they learn from each other (instead of from a master standing apart from the performers).

Not surprised Henk did this well. I mean, this is his career guys! The two of them do work very well together. Floor does make him look like a little guy, which I don't think is true - but all proportion is destroyed across many dimensions when Floor is involved!

But he brings a gravitas and we see them working together to make it believable. I love that he cups her head in gesture and here he's reaching up. But later she bends down a bit and there's eye-to-eye, the battle of wills. Then in the end she's at full height but there is some separation as he's demanding, sing for me!

Loved it!

One constructive criticism: Floor has done this ending with more abandon in the past. She kills it, don't get me wrong, but it's too straight. I mean, it shows this probably isn't even hard for her! But it should seem hard - this is the final surrender to the Phantom's power. A small thing and yeah they're not in character the whole time. They're enjoying the moment as friends too!

2 hours ago, Figment-of-me said:

One constructive criticism: Floor has done this ending with more abandon in the past. She kills it, don't get me wrong, but it's too straight. I mean, it shows this probably isn't even hard for her! But it should seem hard - this is the final surrender to the Phantom's power. A small thing and yeah they're not in character the whole time. They're enjoying the moment as friends too!

I noticed that, too. I wonder if perhaps they were asked by the producers not to let 'er rip all the way to make the song more digestible to a mainstream TV audience? 

As for the other song - let's face it, "Shallow" is a really lame song that thinks it's profound. I seriously cringe everytime I hear "Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?". It is, once again, to Floor's credit as an artist that she managed to elevate it the way she did.