Meira

The Floor thread

2,281 posts in this topic

It seems a bit early, and everyone thought it would happen around Christmas, like it has happened before. But hey, if we are getting the first single in two months, maybe announcing it on Christmas is kind of late? Still, I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. :P

Yeah, I know it's probably a bit early. Unless they're ahead of schedule? Either way, interesting to see what it is! 

I was wondering if Floor, Sharon and Simone did a project like The Sirens sometime in the future (the Dutch sirens, though). :P They all know each other and are the frontwomen of the three biggest bands in the genre. That would be awesome. Even if it was a small tour with them performing music from their bands, dueting and maybe one or two original songs on the set. This thought just crossed my mind now.

Quoting random Reddit user:

So Floor was on a Dutch radio show this morning and kinda spilled the beans on what's happening tomorrow (or today I guess?)...

Sadly it has nothing to do with Nightwish.

As most of you probably know, she was on a Dutch TV show and suddenly became very mainstream famous around here (metal is a niche in the Netherlands). As a result of this she is doing a mini-tour around the Netherlands in january/february 2020 and tomorrow she is going to announce an extra (big) show because the first concerts were sold out in less than 24h.

Sounds plausible.

That's just great! Happy for her and all the Dutchies.

Now to be just like everyone else: Floor, when will you play my continent/country/city? Please?! :teehee:

58 minutes ago, Undertow said:

Here we go :)

Edit:

How do I show the tweet and not just the link text? :scratchhead:

Edit: Fixed - Serena

Am I happy for her? Yes! :D

There are 11 small videos uploaded now in which Floor talks about singing etc.. I hope the link works:

https://www.google.de/cameos/SNjgPop5/Ke89PC?hl=de

If not, simply google Floor Jansen and you should find them on the right side in her "profile". Thanks to that guy who led us there in the discord :D

I especially enjoyed the video about her routine right before the show :) It seems you can ask those questions via an app.

44 minutes ago, crypt said:

There are 11 small videos uploaded now in which Floor talks about singing etc.. I hope the link works:

If not, simply google Floor Jansen and you should find them on the right side in her "profile". Thanks to that guy who lead us there in the discord :D

I especially enjoyed the video about her routine right before the show :) It seems you can ask those questions via an app.

None of my browsers can play those videos. Is this some ploy by Google to make people download chrome??

9 hours ago, GhostHell said:

I was wondering if Floor, Sharon and Simone did a project like The Sirens sometime in the future (the Dutch sirens, though). :P They all know each other and are the frontwomen of the three biggest bands in the genre. That would be awesome. Even if it was a small tour with them performing music from their bands, dueting and maybe one or two original songs on the set. This thought just crossed my mind now.

Throw in Charlotte and my heart will EXPLODE FROM AWESOMENESS!

7 hours ago, crypt said:

If not, simply google Floor Jansen and you should find them on the right side in her "profile". Thanks to that guy who lead us there in the discord :D

That was very interesting! Thanks for sharing

4 hours ago, Eilenna said:

@NighttimeBird

Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Does that work?

Really great, thanks! Curious how these came about.

Lots of good advice here. My own interjection is that a supportive community really helps. That is especially true for a community of performers. We listen to recordings and see shows from polished performers and it can just seem like a bridge too far.

First, not everyone needs to be at that level. If you love music and have some aptitude you can get great results and great pleasure without aspiring to a pro career. And if pro is your goal, bless you and my best wishes for success! (I so admire those who made this commitment no matter how it turns out or where it takes them.)

So #11 first.

But I'll also say #8. Floor is something special for many reasons. Let's be realistic too. Do this for love but if you've been around a while you'll get a sense where you stand. You can love basketball but know you just don't have the height. But you can sometimes redefine the game too. Many famous singers have terrible voices but are great performers, or brilliant lyricists, or make terrible part of the act or the effect.

Floor has a fascinating and amazing voice. Of course she knows it - she's musically gifted and experienced so she knows what's out there and her relationship to it. Very lucky for her. But she made that choice and followed through which is also lucky for us!

She is quite right that results come from doing, and especially focused and effective doing. Talent and gift just help things along - understanding in the rarefied limits great talent is probably a necessity. But by the numbers, that's not a concern for almost every musician on earth. So love what you do, have a personal high standard, and don't beat yourself up!

10 hours ago, NighttimeBird said:

None of my browsers can play those videos. Is this some ploy by Google to make people download chrome??

Yeah it seems you really need Chrome for watching these :(