Sign in to follow this  
geoman286

Evergrey

39 posts in this topic

The new Evergrey album is officially done!

Thanks to all involved and right now most definitely a massive thanks to the King of all kings Mr Jacob Hansen Hansen Studios! 
We CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN SHARE THIS WITH US!

New Evergrey album is done! Woohoo! This year is just becoming better and better. Cant wait!  :yahoo:

Thanks for posting this information. I'm not staying up to date on one of my favorite bands...you just helped me out.

Soooo... the new album called The Storm Within is coming out on September 9th. And, we will have one very well-known voice there. None other than our beautiful Floortje  :laugh:

Details about tracklist, preorder, etc. and also a tasty short teaser here:

https://www.facebook.com/Evergrey/videos/vb.133190223399201/1194309053953974/?type=2&theater

And the artwork is just gorgeous and beautiful.

So excited and happy now!  :woot:  :dwarf:   :yahoo:

Oh, yes!

Evergrey can do no wrong. Plus I've wanted to hear collaboration between Tom and Floor ever since I listened 01011001.

I became a ware of  Evergrey when they released Hymhns For The Broken and I must I admit It's my favourite album  for the last 5 years and Tom S. Englund  is my favourite male singer alongside Marco ever. He is a real master of conveying emotions. Last 6 months have been really barren when it's comes to new releases and  I have really high hopes for the Evergrey's latest one.

I just think Evergrey packs a lot of emotion into songs. I also...for whatever reason...love the guitar playing of Henrik Danhage. Is he a great guitarist? I believe he is...just my opinion. you don't need one or two minute solos to be a great guitarist. i feel like his guitar playing style is one of the biggest reasons i love Evergrey....that and the song writing by Tom S. Englund.

This first single is not quite in the same league as "King of Errors"  9/10 was from their previous album, but still quite listenable 7/10.

A new single, The Paradox of the Flame, featuring beautifully talented wife of Tom Englund, Carina. Enjoy!  :music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzvFfuYGxoU

Just got done listening to The Paradox of the Flame...once again Evergrey produces a great ballad...another great song. This is also a very good video...too bad The Grand Collapse video wasn't this good.

The two songs with Floor are great, although Disconnect is not really a duet but "just" Floor providing some (beautiful) vocalisation in the background from what I could tell. I guess she was invited to sing with them on In Orbit and then they spontaneously decided to record a bit more while they were at it.

Passing Through is an awesome song, def. the best one on the new album. 

A newish single from their upcoming album "The Atlantic" (out January 25th, 2019.)

Perhaps not in par with singles from their previous two albums but decent anyway: