Sign in to follow this  
Funnybear

Nemesea

18 posts in this topic

Searched for them but seems nobody has started the topic yet. 

If you havn't tried them already, do so. Very good. 

Working on a new album as well. 

Bought the Mana album after hearing "Threefold Law"... wasn't really impressed with the rest of the album, to be honest. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. Never really followed up on any of their releases afterwards.

I almost forgot about them. I remember I listened to Mana (because back in the day they had all those comparisons to Epica), but I did not like the album very much. I don't like how every song starts in a very bombastic manner, and then gets boring. I don't know about the newest releases, I did not check it out, but I heard that there was a big style change.

The last album I quite like. Re-investigate. They ain't all that bad. Honest. Hehe. 

I agree with you. The Quiet Resistance album is good and the song you posted 'Afterlife' is great. Listen to the lyrics. I enjoy the video very much. I believe the video could be about our inner-self. Our inner-self loves, hopes, and wants us to be happy. The woman is clearly an alcoholic and very unhappy. In the end she realizes she loves herself and appears happy to move away from her demon alcohol.

Or maybe the singer is playing the part of an Angel? The Angel comes to help the troubled alcoholic woman. Give her life, love, and hope. The end is the Angel breathing love and hope back into her or sucking the alcoholism out of her.

Nemesea sound like Evanescence to me and even Manda's voice is like Amy's. Yeah, I like both bands. Afterlife is nice and so is Angel in the Dark, these are my favourite songs from this band.

New album out in a few weeks. Video for Forever

Lyric video for Twilight

Lighter, poppier, bit more electronic than other Dutch female-fronted metal bands like WT and Delain. There'll be heavier tracks on the album.

My fav Nemesea track is the atypical Allein. They have plenty of nice and pretty songs that I forget. I want to like them more, especially when there are youtube commenters complaining about women corrupting metal with pop :) [You know not to read youtube comments, self. You're not that stupid.]

Manda Ophuis left Nemesea last week! What a year!!

After 14 years the cooperation between leadsinger Manda Ophuis and the band Nemesea comes to an end. The singer formed Nemesea in 2002 together with Sonny Onderwater and Hendrik Jan de Jong. Manda is going to focus on her education job with highly gifted children. The singer explains: “After a long period struggling with personal issues, it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to relinquish my dream to be a singer.  For now, I want to thank everyone who has supported the band and I in all the years we've been around. I have so many great memories that I will cherish forever”.

Guitar player/songwriter Hendrik Jan and bass guitar player Sonny explain that the departure of Manda as a great loss for the band. The last formal fact from Manda for Nemesea was the recording of the video clip 'Forever' in Sweden. In the meantime the video has been viewed more than 200.000 times on YouTube. Manda is singing at her best on the latest Nemesea album ‘Uprise’ which was released worldwide in april of this year via Napalm Records.

The response on the album 'Uprise' is unanimous positive and is giving the band members extra grip to continue as a band. Hendrik Jan and Sonny are determined to view their new plans on short notice. Steven Bouma in the meantime is back with Nemesea as drummer. The band is heavily thinking about how to replace Manda. Nemesea will go on, that’s for sure, and they will do their best to let the fans know as soon as possible this year how. The band also express their gratitude to the fans for all their loyal support.

And also....

Special performance of Nemesea 2.0 during PlatoPlanet September 11th in Dutch city of Groningen

Earlier this week singer Manda Ophuis announced her departure from Nemesea. While band members HJ, Sonny and Steven were still recovering from this shock, they received an invitation for a special live performance. Being a band without a singer, they initially said no to this request.
However, after some days HJ, Sonny and Steven realized that this could be an enormous opportunity and decided to take up this challenge and present, for one time only, “Nemesea 2.0”.
On september 11th Nemesea will be performing during PlatoPlanet, an event honouring the 40th anniversary of the famed Plato music shop, in the Oosterpoort hall in Groningen. The event will be taking place between 15.00 en 22.00 hrs CET with performances from several other artists and bands. Nemesea 2.0 is scheduled to perform around 17.30/18.00 hrs CET. The band members are working behind the scenes to create something special for this occasion, so keep an eye out! Details will be revealed as soon as possible via Nemesea’s social media.
For the many international fans that can’t be there in person, Nemesea will be broadcasting parts of the show via Periscope, with clips to be posted later to Nemesea’s YouTube channel and Facebook page

Wut. Oh well, there's wasn't much to save anyway. Sorry for the negativity, but I adored their first album, I still wonder what happened after that...

Look at this!:
https://es-la.facebook.com/nemeseaofficial/photos/a.10150117454234850.294472.11496289849/10155100551319850/?type=3&hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

Hey all!
Which songs would you like us to to play during our shows in 2017. Let us know in the comments!

This makes me think that they already have a new singer! I wonder if her voice would be similar to Manda's or not.
My wishlist of songs would be very long, so I'll include one per album :P
  • Lucifer
  • In Control
  • High Enough
  • Twilight

;)

Working on new music ;)
https://www.facebook.com/nemeseaofficial/videos/10155114348709850/

Posts merged. Please do not double post if your previous post is less than two weeks old. - Dandelion

Thanks WhiteLagoon!! I like their past lyrical content. Just fits my taste...i like them...although i'm not sure where they will go without Manda. I like all kinds of music...metal is my favorite...i don't really consider Nemesea a metal band in any way...but i still enjoy their music. Both 'Forever' and 'Afterlife' have great messages for the listener....they are great art.

Maybe the newer releases aren't too heavy, but what about Mana? It reminds me of After Forever! And yes, Forever and Afterlife are amazing, especially Afterlife <3 I also love Twilight (but the lyrics aren't too good XD) and from Mana, my favs are Angel in the Dark and Lucifer <3

For me this band is boring... Sorry.

I understand...it is a matter of preference. I think their songs are catchy...and some should have been huge hits. Afterlife and Forever have important messages for anyone to hear. Manda is a very emotional singer...watch the video for 'Forever' closely...she clearly is in tears by the end of the song. I don't believes it is an act...she is feeling the words...expressing her emotions for the song. You at least have to respect the lyrical content and her expression to lyrics.

Nemesea have announced their new vocalist, her name is Sanne Mieloo - 

XNbdSnQ.jpg

New single is on Spotify - 

Not too bad, she does have a nice voice.

I'm absolutely digging this song by them!! It's gorgeous and of highquality.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called 'Heavyweight champion'. It reminds me a lot of The Dreamside.